Big East Transfer Portal | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Big East Transfer Portal

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Feels like all the expectations for Repole’s war chest may have been overstated.
Begging Episode 4 GIF by The Simpsons

the church league schools are all broke now that nova has given up on neptune. another year the huskies will have to carry those bums.

Reaction Score
St John's fans are getting a rude awakening

Trying to skip from mediocre in a good year to top 10 was a bit ambitious.

The problem is their coach isn't all that young and cannot take the time Hurley put into getting back to the top.

Honestly don't know which way I am leaning. St. John's succeeding is good for the league (and likely college basketball as a whole), but they were big enough pests last year and it would be quite annoying to lose to them.

Reaction Score
Begging Episode 4 GIF by The Simpsons

the church league schools are all broke now that nova has given up on neptune. another year the huskies will have to carry those bums.
B12 won four cbb national titles in 60+ years. BIG EAST did that in 8 years .. just facts, sorry

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Hurley and UConn broke St John's by winning two straight and putting winning over $$.

Reaction Score
Armstrong played for Team USA in the U18 Americas and U19 World Cup. On the U18 team he played with 11 other guys, and 6 of them are either already drafted or will be drafted this season. You could definitely argue he was better than Castle in that event.

I'm guessing he thinks he's one of the elite players at his age. But he didn't show it at Nova, that's for sure. Should have transferred instead of declaring.

caw

Reaction Score
Armstrong played for Team USA in the U18 Americas and U19 World Cup. On the U18 team he played with 11 other guys, and 6 of them are either already drafted or will be drafted this season. You could definitely argue he was better than Castle in that event.

I'm guessing he thinks he's one of the elite players at his age. But he didn't show it at Nova, that's for sure. Should have transferred instead of declaring.

Just if anyone wondered:

2023 Men’s U19 National Team includes Mark Armstrong, Tobe Awaka (transferred after mediocre sophomore year), Omaha Biliew (transferred after mediocre freshman year), Kylan Boswell (transferred after a mediocre sophomore year), Myles Colvin (mediocre freshman year), Eric Dailey Jr. (transfer after decent freshman year), Dylan Harper (incoming freshman), Ian Jackson (incoming freshman), Tre Johnson (incoming freshman), Ven-Allen Lubin (in transfer portal, I think), Asa Newell (incoming freshman) and Cody Williams (NBA entrant after very good freshman year off the bench for Colorado).

2022 Men's U18 Americas Team includes: Seth Trimble (mediocre year at UNC), Castle (duh), Eric Dailey Jr. (see above), Jared McCain (Very good year at Duke, NBA draft entrant), Ty Rodgers (mediocre sophomore year), Kanaan Carlyle (decent year for Stanford before transferring), Kel'el Ware (Decent sophomore year, NBA entrant), Cam Witmore (NBA), Anthony Black (NBA - kinda), Brandon Garrison (transferring after solid freshman year), GG Jackson (NBA), and of course, Mark Armstrong

Castle aside (UConn bias) that team doesn't exactly scream NBA stars. The 2023 team was just super young for the top talent, or not that good so far.

Reaction Score
Just if anyone wondered:

2023 Men’s U19 National Team includes Mark Armstrong, Tobe Awaka (transferred after mediocre sophomore year), Omaha Biliew (transferred after mediocre freshman year), Kylan Boswell (transferred after a mediocre sophomore year), Myles Colvin (mediocre freshman year), Eric Dailey Jr. (transfer after decent freshman year), Dylan Harper (incoming freshman), Ian Jackson (incoming freshman), Tre Johnson (incoming freshman), Ven-Allen Lubin (in transfer portal, I think), Asa Newell (incoming freshman) and Cody Williams (NBA entrant after very good freshman year off the bench for Colorado).

2022 Men's U18 Americas Team includes: Seth Trimble (mediocre year at UNC), Castle (duh), Eric Dailey Jr. (see above), Jared McCain (Very good year at Duke, NBA draft entrant), Ty Rodgers (mediocre sophomore year), Kanaan Carlyle (decent year for Stanford before transferring), Kel'el Ware (Decent sophomore year, NBA entrant), Cam Witmore (NBA), Anthony Black (NBA - kinda), Brandon Garrison (transferring after solid freshman year), GG Jackson (NBA), and of course, Mark Armstrong

Castle aside (UConn bias) that team doesn't exactly scream NBA stars. The 2023 team was just super young for the top talent, or not that good so far.
in regards to the guys that were freshmen this year it tracks with how terrible this class was overall, one of the worst freshman classes that I can remember in quite some time

Reaction Score
This sucks and I honestly hate it.

Shaheen has been doing an amazing job and he’s losing his best player now only because Seton Hall can’t pay him. This shouldn’t be a thing and is absolutely terrible for coaches and the sport.
Richmond played well against UConn.
My take is he plays well when he wants to play well and that's mainly in the marquee games.

I didn't watch all their NIT games but in one of them he looked as if he didn't want to be there, Seton Hall fell behind but then, late in the game, he took over and they won.

He's like the smartest kid in the class. Bored to tears because the other kids are not as sharp and take longer to "get things" but he'll ace the tests and the SAT's.

Reaction Score
On court that is a heck of a pickup to replace Alexander. Offensively you could argue Pop is better, though Alexander is better defensively.

BTW:
Some reporting Duke has reached out to Richmond and Poplar.
Scheyer's in full panic mode. He's got a roster that looks great to the casual fans because of all the stars but there's no experience left and the guards are nothing to boast about. In fact, Mason Gillis may be their new key to winning next year.

Imagine going from players like Grant Hill who played hard all the time, and within a team structure, to a guy like KR who plays when he wants to play and doesn't exactly fit the Dukie image.

Reaction Score
In other news, Marquette is the only team I can think of that has neither gained nor lost a single player in the portal.

With Kolek to the NBA, if the season started today, all 12 of their scholarship players would be homegrown picks Shaka Smart added out of HS.
That's an interesting stat but makes me wonder if he's being pig headed about staying with what he's comfortable with or if he's not realizing the times have changed.

They've way under performed their seeding the past two years and that can only go on for so long before the fans get restless and the league gets irritated about "shares" being lost.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom