Big East Transfer Portal | The Boneyard

Big East Transfer Portal

Reaction Score
I think last year we had a separate BE transfer thread so figured I'd try that again since I'm not that interested in the other 857 transfers floating around

I don't have Twitter so I'll leave the floor open to those of you who read stuff that I do not...and thanks in advance for always keeping me and everyone else here updated

Reactions: MJ1
Reaction Score

Xavier finna be a tough team next year

Yeah, even though Xavier has only nine scholarships filled for 2024-25, they have a heck of a foundation and a versatile roster.

In terms of healthy returnees, McKnight coming back for his extra year solidifies the facilitating in the backcourt while Desmond Claude will continue to be a matchup nightmare at the 3.

Of course, the health of Freemantle and Hunter is huge, but if they are close to 100%, the frontcourt will be very good when you add in defensive stud Dailyn Swain and grad transfer pickup John Hugley. Of that group, Hugley is the only guy (a true big) who can only play one position. Both Hunter/Freemantle can be 4/5s while Swain can be a 3/4. Love the versatility of that group.

The backcourt rotation will be fun too. Obviously McKnight and Claude are the studs, but Trey Green is a solid backup PG and the grad transfer additions of Dante Maddox (Toledo) and Marcus Foster (Furman) bring an instant injection of offense. Both combined to score 32 ppg last season and both are dangerous penetrators. Maddox is a little more versatile as he's capable of playing the 1 and is a better perimeter shooter.

With all their injuries, Xavier's frontcourt stunk, but obviously the acquisition of John Hugley helps solidify the center spot considering the variability of the performance expected from Freemantle and Hunter. High floor, high ceiling.

Reaction Score

Zach is one St. John's guy I trust the most. We'll see who this might be, but my guess is Amari Williams.

Reaction Score

Zach is one St. John's guy I trust the most. We'll see who this might be, but my guess is Amari Williams.

They've been pretty quiet so far. Wonder who they got.

Reaction Score

They are out on Amari per Zach.

Attachments

• IMG_8162.jpeg
    IMG_8162.jpeg
    238.6 KB · Views: 82
Reaction Score
He also graduated. He might actually care about his master's program.
His brother also works for the Pacers so I’m sure that played some role.

Reaction Score
St Johns declined their NIT invitation (while conference rival Seton Hall won it) so they could get a head start on recruiting. Just for optics alone, they need to get someone. They’ve lost most of their good pieces and have to start rebuilding the roster ASAP

Reaction Score
They've been pretty quiet so far. Wonder who they got.
It’s some scrub (or at least they think he is) from USC Vince Iwuchukwu (sp). I know he was a big recruit a few years back never seen him play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom