Big East Title on the line this Saturday! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Big East Title on the line this Saturday!

Reaction Score
Possibly the biggest regular season game in the Hurley Era. The whole team is hungry for that elusive Big East Title! A win probably clinches it. Marquette #4 in the national rankings - huge game.
I guess that could be right. #4 at home would be the biggest regular season win. I think @Kansas could have been his biggest RS win. So close, oh well.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I get that about the autobid, but actually all conferences don't do that.

The ACC is like the Big East.

But the B1G crowns the tourney champ as "the B1G Tournament Champion" and the regular season champion is "the B1G Champion."

This is in keeping with the fact that the B1G was the last of the big conferences to even schedule a tournament; at the time they didn't want one, they were dragged to it; and once they allowed a tourney to happen, they made sure that only the regular season champion would be considered THE champion.
I prefer this. I value the regular season more than the tournament.

Reaction Score
True, but those of us who value actual achievements would prefer to win on the court, not some administrator's office.
That’s offensive to all of the helms national championship poll winners from the olden days.

Reaction Score
I am 68 years old and I have used "us" and "we" since I became a fan in the early 60's. A few years ago my wife asked me what number I was. She's the best.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom