OT: - Big East teams thread | The Boneyard

OT: Big East teams thread

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
#10 seed Creighton knocks off #7 seed Colorado. Probably get #2 seed Iowa in round 2.
I saw a lot of this one....Creighton is fun to watch. They push the ball...hit threes...go to the basket well....and hit
free throws at the end like nobody's business. In control of the game for the most part.
Really nice job by Creighton!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
#10 seed Creighton knocks off #7 seed Colorado. Probably get #2 seed Iowa in round 2.
I saw a lot of this one....Creighton is fun to watch. They push the ball...hit threes...go to the basket well....and hit
free throws at the end like nobody's business. In control of the game for the most part.
as I mentioned in the Chat. As a team. they entered the 50/40/90 club.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
A mild upset to be sure. I'm pulling for ALL of the BIG East teams in the tournament. The more they win, the better our conference looks as a whole. What better way to earn some notoriety and a "nod" for your conference (from all of WCBB) than a double digit win over a P5 program during the NCAA Tournament? Congratulations to coach Jim Flanery, his staff and his team. Well done ladies. :)

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Had both South Dakota and Creighton moving on. Also have FGCU and Villanova winning today. Unfortunately FGCU is tanking in the 4th quarter.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Had both South Dakota and Creighton moving on. Also have FGCU and Villanova winning today. Unfortunately FGCU is tanking in the 4th quarter.
Villanova's game against BYU is tomorrow. Also 1PM in conflict with UConn.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Villanova's game against BYU is tomorrow. Also 1PM in conflict with UConn.
Oops my bad, thanks for the correction. Guess I'll just have to check the game during the commercials of the UConn game.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
They tried hard to give the game away in the first 6-7 minutes of Q4, but then got their heads back on and played tough down the stretch. I will say this - Kitley is really good. And I think she's only a junior.

Reaction Score
Creighton proved me wrong: I thought they were the weakest of the four at-large candidates from the Big East.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Colorado hangs their hat on D, and gave up 84 today. I wouldn't exactly say I'm a fan of the Buffs, but have to pull for Pac 12 teams. I've never been impressed w/ their coach, and today didn't do anything to change my mind.

Reaction Score
DePaul seems to have been badly deflated since CD sank a bucket a 2 seconds to go. Lost to Howard, who got absolutely destroyed by SC today.. They made BE look bad. The rest have to pick it up.

Reaction Score
Ignore my last post. DePaul did not lose to Howard. Too many games for an old guy to keep straight. But they still let the BE down.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
So SEC, Pac, and ACC have had teams exit in upsets through the first 5 games - two 7 seeds and a 5 seed. FGCU was always underseeded but they took care of their business.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I don't know about that. Colorado did beat Stanford early in the season in OT. Then later in the season they lost to Stanford by only 8 points. Must have been a good match up for them.
You must be thinking of last season. Stanford ran the table in the Pac-12 this year, including 3 wins over Colorado.

Reaction Score
A mild upset to be sure. I'm pulling for ALL of the BIG East teams in the tournament. The more they win, the better our conference looks as a whole. What better way to earn some notoriety and a "nod" for your conference (from all of WCBB) than a double digit win over a P5 program during the NCAA Tournament? Congratulations to coach Jim Flanery, his staff and his team. Well done ladies. :)
The way I look at it, the better the BE teams do, the better the exposure and publicity, the more likely better players go to the BE schools and play, the better the competition for us, and the better we become in March. Simple.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom