Big East Standings /Head Coaches | The Boneyard

Big East Standings /Head Coaches

Reaction Score
Big East Standings /Head Coaches

Pretty high correlation between past achievements as a Head Coach and current conference standings. Definitely illustrates just how important leadership is in the college game. Hurley has UConn in the middle of the pack, a position that aligns pretty much perfectly with what he has achieved relative to the other Head Coaches. The only real outlier is Thad Matta, who has Butler performing at a much lower level than his two Final 4 appearances would support.
Screenshot_20230216-102856.png

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I believe young Patrick Ewing has played in more national title games than any other Big East coach!

Reaction Score
I believe young Patrick Ewing has played in more national title games than any other Big East coach!
Loved Patrick as a player, but you would be hard pressed to find a less successful D1 Head Coach. His GTown teams are 12-46 over the past two seasons!

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Not a knock on Shaka because I think he’s a great coach but he’s made it past the first weekend 3 times in 9 tries. Granted one of them was that cinderella run in his 2nd year @ VCU, but the other two times was the R32. He’s never made it past the first round with a high major program. People have been immortalizing him on here recently.

Reaction Score
Not a knock on Shaka because I think he’s a great coach but he’s made it past the first weekend 3 times in 9 tries. Granted one of them was that cinderella run in his 2nd year @ VCU, but the other two times was the R32. He’s never made it past the first round with a high major program. People have been immortalizing him on here recently.
He has won 7 NCAA tournament games and has gotten to a Final 4. That makes him one of the more "accomplished" Big East Coaches at this point.

I'm just saying that head coaches who have enjoyed considerable success previously are the ones who have their teams at or near the top of the conference standings.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom