Big East Media Day | The Boneyard

Big East Media Day

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
This might just be me, but I did not see nearly enough out of Nunge last year to warrant first team all big east. His stats are way better than I would have thought, but I was not worried about him when we played Xavier at all.

Reaction Score
Nice sign of respect for Adama, but at the end of the season it will be hard to have the same honor. I think the award will go to the best player on the regular season winner which is a real hurdle with Creighton, Nova, and Xavier. Secondly, I think he will have a couple less minutes per game to rack up compelling stats if we aren't the winner. A real accomplishment that he and the team can be proud of if he gets the award in March.

Reaction Score
To go on record for future laughs:

My Top 4: Creighton, UConn, Nova, Xavier any order
Next 4: Butler, St Johns, Seton Hall, Georgetown any order (Wahab & Anglin make a difference)
#9 Providence
#10 Marquette
#11 Depaul

Reaction Score
Nice sign of respect for Adama, but at the end of the season it will be hard to have the same honor. I think the award will go to the best player on the regular season winner which is a real hurdle with Creighton, Nova, and Xavier. Secondly, I think he will have a couple less minutes per game to rack up compelling stats if we aren't the winner. A real accomplishment that he and the team can be proud of if he gets the award in March.
I don’t think there is any way Xavier is better than us. I’m also not sold on Nova without wright and Gillespie

Reaction Score
This should light a fire under Jackson and Hawkins... not even an honorable mention for either!?
Puzzling that an incoming freshman who hasn’t played 1 second of college basketball was picked HM over Jackson and Hawkins

Reaction Score
Xavier probably finishes 4th, but they're definitely in the top tier. They return basically their whole team, and not having Travis Steele tank their season will be a big boost

Reaction Score
Puzzling that an incoming freshman who hasn’t played 1 second of college basketball was picked HM over Jackson and Hawkins
Cam Whitmore would be the best player on our team. If he was a UConn player there'd already be 3 threads about him being snubbed from the 1st team and using it as motivation

Reaction Score
Is it normal that the preseason POY candidate wouldn't be on either All-BE team? I'm not 100% familiar how these awards work
Weirdly, preseason BE POY is ineligible for all-BE teams

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

No other Huskies even got an honorable mention. Put that on the damn bulletin board for Hawkins and Jackson.

Jackson has at least shown he can compete and excel against BE competition. He deserved some press. Hawkins has to earn everything.

Reaction Score
I'm surprised Moore, Dixon, and Daniels are all second teamers and Cam Whitmore only gets honorable mention. Whitmore is better than all of them and I don't believe in Moore returning and being effective coming off a torn Achilles.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I am not buying the Xavier hype at all. I think Creighton will be a 1 seed in March though
I wonder if it’s less Xavier hype and more ppl not believing in Nova given all the various turnover

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom