Big East bubble | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Big East bubble

Reaction Score
The Big East games for the rest of the season for the bubble teams will have the feel of high stakes elimination play in games. The BiG East tournament will be more intense.

I have a feeling the Mountain West could get as many teams if not more teams into the Big East.

Reaction Score
The Big East games for the rest of the season for the bubble teams will have the feel of high stakes elimination play in games. The BiG East tournament will be more intense.

I have a feeling the Mountain West could get as many teams if not more teams into the Big East.
Edit: I have a feeling the Mountain West could get as many teams if not more teams into the NCAAT than the Big East.

UNLV and Colorado St. beating Creighton helped the MWC a lot.

Reaction Score

Which is a joke

Reaction Score
Butler missed a great opportunity yesterday. Getting blown out rather than keeping it competitive only made it that much worse.

I have no idea how accurate Bart Torvik’s Tourneycast took is, but here’s how it looks as of this morning.

IMG_4455.jpeg

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
SHU really helped themselves tonight. I watched the first half then had to leave and was surprised they won. They looked so disjointed at first

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
The only teams getting in barring an upset at the Big East Tournament are UConn, Marquette, Creighton, Seton Hall and maybe Providence. The rest need to make the Big East Final or win it to get in.

Reaction Score
The only teams getting in barring an upset at the Big East Tournament are UConn, Marquette, Creighton, Seton Hall and maybe Providence. The rest need to make the Big East Final or win it to get in.
Nova can win their way in, they beat UNC.

Reaction Score
How can St Johns still be on anyone’s bubble. They have lost 8 of 10. Three straight. The eye test tells you they stink. If they end up in, they should give their share to Pitino, cause it only happed so CBS can fawn over the “remarkable” job he did turning the Red Storm around.

Reaction Score
Butler missed a great opportunity yesterday. Getting blown out rather than keeping it competitive only made it that much worse.

I have no idea how accurate Bart Torvik’s Tourneycast took is, but here’s how it looks as of this morning.

View attachment 96610
I'm usually a big Torvik fan but this can't be anywhere close to accurate. No way Nova/SJU have a ~50% chance and are above Butler/SH/PC.

Reaction Score
I'm usually a big Torvik fan but this can't be anywhere close to accurate. No way Nova/SJU have a ~50% chance and are above Butler/SH/PC.
I don't think it is. Bracket Matrix has Butler a step above everyone else and pretty safely in (10 seed and in on 99/102 brackets). PC and Seton Hall are basically right on the bubble (in on about half and a quarter of brackets respectively). St John's and Villanova only in on a handful of brackets and most are from before yesterday's loss

Edit: Torvik is forward looking, and expecting St John's to basically win out with their remaining schedule other than losing to Butler, and Butler has a bunch of tough games remaining

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
There are only 4 Big East teams in the Top 50 of NET. It is time for Butler, Seton Hall, Providence, Xavier and St. Johns to be officially worried, and while Villanova has a good NET, they have a lousy record and a lot of bad losses.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
There are only 4 Big East teams in the Top 50 of NET. It is time for Butler, Seton Hall, Providence, Xavier and St. Johns to be officially worried, and while Villanova has a good NET, they have a lousy record and a lot of bad losses.
SJU and X should just start making plans for the NIT.

Of the other three, despite Hall's NET, they have one important stat in their favor: 5-5 vs Q1.

I like looking at BracketMatrix this time of year for sort of a consensus group think. Right now Butler is a 10 and Providence and Hall are first two out.

SJU and X got no votes today.

Reaction Score
Torvik is outlier high on St Johns. like 15 spots higher than other metrics.

Nova is high in most of the metrics, so it's assumed for these projections that they'll win more remaining games than other teams.

Reaction Score
Funny to see @kobe come over here talking “mid-major” for the Big East then you look at @auror showing their strength of schedule. They don’t even play a mid-major schedule at #298 they play a Division II OOC schedule :rolleyes:

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Funny to see @kobe come over here talking “mid-major” for the Big East then you look at @auror showing their strength of schedule. They don’t even play a mid-major schedule at #298 they play a Division II OOC schedule :rolleyes:
the church leaguers love to say this without the hint of irony that they play 3 Q4 games in league play thanks to depaul and georgetown while only playing 11 non-con games (whereas the big 12 (real conference) teams play 13). sneaky lil way for the mid-majors to game the system.

overall sos:
providence 57
seton hall 43
cincinnati (power conference member) 35

Keegan Michael Key Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

Reaction Score
:rolleyes:the church leaguers love to say this without the hint of irony that they play 3 Q4 games in league play thanks to depaul and georgetown while only playing 11 non-con games (whereas the big 12 (real conference) teams play 13). sneaky lil way for the mid-majors to game the system.

overall sos:
providence 57
seton hall 43

You played one church league team in your OOC schedule, the X beat you. The only other good team you played was the A10s Flyers, they beat you easy. 4-7 in a decent league this is the furthest from a tourney team unable to beat anyone decent. But they can handle No Kentucky, Merrimack and Bryant:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
One more stat I should have included...

Wins Against Teams Under Consideration:
Nova: 7-7
St. John's: 5-9
Butler - 6-9
Xavier - 7-9
Providence - 6-8
Seton Hall - 6-6

Cincinnati - 3-8
hopefully There isn’t a “excruciating game on the line possessions” OR losses to f@#$ing Drexel and St. joes metric

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
the church leaguers love to say this without the hint of irony that they play 3 Q4 games in league play thanks to depaul and georgetown while only playing 11 non-con games (whereas the big 12 (real conference) teams play 13). sneaky lil way for the mid-majors to game the system.

overall sos:
providence 57
seton hall 43

You talk a lot of smack for a fan of the third best team in the Cincinnati metro area.

Reaction Score
Butler looks good and I see them in as a 7-9 seed.

Providence will be sweating going into our game March 9. Yippee...

Hall or Villanova could go on a 5-2 run to end the season which would put them right at the cut line. I suppose X could do the same thing but they might still be short of the field.

Stick a fork in St. Johns
I agree with the “fork in St. John‘s” but out of all those teams, they are the ones I would not like to play in tourney. Why? They are just a poorly coached team with some excellent talent - if they ever pulled it all together even in spite of Pitino’s best efforts to derail the season, they could be a giant killer in round 1.

Reaction Score
I agree with the “fork in St. John‘s” but out of all those teams, they are the ones I would not like to play in tourney. Why? They are just a poorly coached team with some excellent talent - if they ever pulled it all together even in spite of Pitino’s best efforts to derail the season, they could be a giant killer in round 1.
I think you’re overrating their talent.

Reaction Score
I still think they're done but the Pitino mystique will keep them alive in my mind until they lose in the BET.

The talent/coaching thing describes Villanova. I think they'll win their way into the tournament over the next couple weeks. We could very well face them in the BE semifinal.

The only team I don't want to play is PC. Not because I think they have a better shot than others to beat us, but rather bc our games vs them are so painful to watch

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

overall sos:
providence 57
seton hall 43

Come back when Cinci wins ONE NCAA tournament game - Mid Major Church league members have won 8 NCAA titles vs 3 for the mighty Small 12. since 1999.
Winning NCs vs bragging about being in a real conference - what a choice!!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom