Big East 6th Man of the Year | The Boneyard

Big East 6th Man of the Year

Reaction Score
Not going to front like I'm paying close attention to other teams' bench players, who are legit contenders for the award? Diarra has played as well a season that I can remember for a UConn backup 3rd/4th guard on both ends.
He's been so great. His defense was always there but the improvement in ft shooting, three point shooting and decision making over last season is shocking. He also has an advanced layup/finishing game now.

Reaction Score
Hausen or Hakim Hart probably biggest challengers

Reaction Score
In the olden days, most league's had a most improved player award. The NBA still does. Not that you ever hear about it. That award seems to get no love but I think it's as valid as Comeback Player of the Year or the 6th Man.

I once won the Atlanta Advertising Bowling League's Most Improved Bowler Award. Still have the trophy!

Reaction Score
I don’t pay attention to details like that but
he Has been the bench .

Reaction Score
He's been so great. His defense was always there but the improvement in ft shooting, three point shooting and decision making over last season is shocking. He also has an advanced layup/finishing game now.
Let's hope that SJ takes a cue from Hass's between season work and improvement this summer.

Reaction Score
Ben Gold feels like a contender to me as well that said yeah I think Hass is the guy

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Should be Hass to lose, but I wonder if Newton and Hurley winning awards will influence voters to pick someone else?

Reaction Score
I really, really like Luis as a player. That said it should be Diarra's.
Luis is an incredible athlete, not a very good player yet. He will be very good in a few years. Far too many poor shots and bonehead plays at this point.

Reaction Score
my favorite sequence from him last night was in the 2nd half after he had just had a layup attempt blocked out of bounds. inbounds to Clingan and Clingan immediately hits him back for a pass to a corner 3 that Diarra takes and makes with 20 seconds on the shot clock. He wasn't doing stuff like that last year

Reaction Score
Not going to front like I'm paying close attention to other teams' bench players, who are legit contenders for the award? Diarra has played as well a season that I can remember for a UConn backup 3rd/4th guard on both ends.

Diarra comes in. Steal within 90 secs. 3 pointer later. Then a pedal to the metal full court corkscrew layup. Maybe another. The tempo of the game always changes UConn's way with Diarra. Terrific athlete.

He'd be a starter most everywhere else.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
He’s really become a weapon.
I can’t remember such a stark improvement in 3pt shooting and finishing this late in someone’s career.

On top of it all, he definitely seems like one of the leaders in the culture department.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
When Hassan goes in, the opponents roll their eyes and yell "Dammit!"

Reaction Score
In summary, last year 50 percent free throws, 3 point please no, layup a longshot. This year, money, money, money. Most improved player in country. Defense was always there but next level now. Under appreciated hero of team. Clearly not the best, but difference maker

Reaction Score
In summary, last year 50 percent free throws, 3 point please no, layup a longshot. This year, money, money, money. Most improved player in country. Defense was always there but next level now. Under appreciated hero of team. Clearly not the best, but difference maker
Cam jones agrees

Reaction Score
He’s really become a weapon.
I can’t remember such a stark improvement in 3pt shooting and finishing this late in someone’s career.

On top of it all, he definitely seems like one of the leaders in the culture department.
His sophomore numbers were actually pretty good so I'm not sure why last year's numbers were off. Could be the drop in minutes last year

Reaction Score
Diarra has changed so many games with his contrasting style and unique talents. He's blindsided teams and forced them to adjust to his presence on the floor. He's going to be a serious weapon in the tournaments.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom