Big East 2023-2024 | The Boneyard

Big East 2023-2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Big East is going to be a slaughter house next season.

UConn
Marquette
Xavier
Creighton
Providence?
can all be top 15-25 teams

While:

GTown
St John’s
Nova
Seton Hall?

Could all easily be top 40-50.

And I don’t think DePaul will be terrible.

Last edited:

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Those last 4 you named could be good or terrible, it’s impossible to know until the rosters are finalized.

Reaction Score
Marquette can return everybody from the defending BE champs. Creighton can return their entire core but idk what Baylor is up to. They should both be top 10, to go with us.

Reaction Score

UConn
Marquette
Xavier
Creighton
Providence?

While:

GTown
St John’s
Nova
Seton Hall?

Put St. John's in your top 5. Big East will most likely be the best conference in the country next season.

Reaction Score
Couldn't wait for the final four to be over before posting this huh? Lol. I still give Marquette the edge right now since they're returning pretty much every darn body. Not sure what we'll look like yet
None of us know what we'll have but it most likely contains a crazy core with a few all-Big East types and the #4 recruiting class in the country. Sprinkle in the other guys who stay and a high level transfer or two and they're going to be really good.

Reaction Score
I expect UConn, Xavier, Creighton, Marquette, and St. John's to all be top 25 come tournament time next season. I think Georgetown might have a shot as well depending on who Cooley gets in the portal. Nova, Seton Hall, and Providence are completely up in the air for me, all three have young and inexperienced head coaches. I think Butler will improve because we know Matta is a great coach. I don't have high hopes for DePaul literally ever, and especially not now with how loaded the Big East is going to be.

Reaction Score
Put St. John's in your top 5. Big East will most likely be the best conference in the country next season.
Is that based on the assumption that Pitino running off Posh Alexander signifies he's expecting to replace him with someone better?

Reaction Score
Is that based on the assumption that Pitino running off Posh Alexander signifies he's expecting to replace him with someone better?
FWIW, I think Walter Clayton Jr. and Daniss Jenkins will follow Pitino to St. John's from Iona.

Reaction Score
FWIW, I think Walter Clayton Jr. and Daniss Jenkins will follow Pitino to St. John's from Iona.
Jenkins already transferred once so will likely have to sit or come up with some reason he needs a waiver

Reaction Score
It looks like every team will be good or solid other than DePaul, Butler, and maybe Seton Hall. Conference should be very strong.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

UConn
Marquette
Xavier
Creighton
Providence?

While:

GTown
St John’s
Nova
Seton Hall?

quick and dirty ranking, which will change a lot in the next month or so:

1) UConn
1A) Marquette
3) Creighton
4) Xavier
5) St. Johns - should have been up here this year
6) Seton Hall - Samuels is good, but replaceable
7) Villanova - could move up or down a lot. I think Neptune got better as the season wore on, but the roster is in flux.
8) Providence - Hopkins will keep PC from being terrible, but a nobody coach and a roster with issues is not a recipe for success.
9) Depaul - Incoming class is a bit underwhelming, but it has to be better than what they have.
10) Georgetown - Cooley is starting from scratch
11) Butler - two of their best players leave for Appalachian State and SMU? Certainly says something about the talent they had this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom