2024 Recruiting: - Betsey/Mulready expected Tomorrow | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Betsey/Mulready expected Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Mulready on what he’s looking for in a school​

“I want to play in a program that cares for the little stuff,” Mulready said in a previous interview with On3. “Diving on the ground, talking, leadership, rebounding. I’m not going to a school for a big name, but I’ll go to a school where I fit in and can play to the best of my abilities. I can play the one through the four, and I like doing that. So that is what I mean by fitting in, being able to do what it takes to help my team win.

Have you met our friend Andre Jackson ?

Reaction Score
Fwiw you can see Mulready's highlights on Hoophustle... KAYVAUN MULREADY

I see a great athlete, strong, decent size at 6'4 and long arms. high energy player. Pretty ambidextrous finishing at the rim--might be the most ambidextrous of the recruits I've seen us after in the last couple years, actually. Super strong straight line driver and takes a hit well. Not a super creative finisher. Isn't much of a lead ballhandler at this stage I would guess. Not much to see with his left hand driving it. Tends to use a jab to fake and use his right hand. Gets cut off driving left a lot. Seems to hit ahead and swing the ball well, not sure about any PnR work. Makes a bunch of 3s in his highlights which is good to see. Nothing crazy off the dribble and it's a bit stiff, but clearly a shooter. Bunch of post feeds and dump of passes in his highlights too. Passing is better than the other SGs we've recruited recently it seems. No idea about the defensive fundamentals but he definitely brings the energy. Reminds me of Solo Ball or Floyd... but is better than both at the same stage.

EYBL stats in 2022 playing up in 17u:

11.8 PPG
6.2 RPG
3.3 APG

1.8 TO
1.2 STL
0.2 BLK

43% FG%
31% 3FG% (46% of shots from deep)
74% FT% (just under 3 per game)

Those are EXCELLENT numbers for a kid playing up. Well above his ranking IMO. Top 50 playerr imo. If he was 2 inches taller he'd be a 5*.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
The author, Zach Smart, is apparently a misnomer.

Attachments

• 9987A53B-FF25-440C-AAD0-9D0CD0AA2988.jpeg
    9987A53B-FF25-440C-AAD0-9D0CD0AA2988.jpeg
    343.7 KB · Views: 130
Reaction Score

Mulready on what he’s looking for in a school​

“I want to play in a program that cares for the little stuff,” Mulready said in a previous interview with On3. “Diving on the ground, talking, leadership, rebounding. I’m not going to a school for a big name, but I’ll go to a school where I fit in and can play to the best of my abilities. I can play the one through the four, and I like doing that. So that is what I mean by fitting in, being able to do what it takes to help my team win.

Have you met our friend Andre Jackson ?
I thought literally the same thing reading this thread this morning.

His quote is our program to a T.

Other reasons I'm excited:
  • Grew up less than 50 miles from campus
  • Another bigger, versatile guard recruited by from Hurley and Co., which has become a signature of this program.
  • LOVE when a recruit's offers improve over time:
    • First seven: Siena, UMass, Iona, Bonnies, Bryant, Wake, Fairfield
    • Last twelve: all high majors
  • UConn was his most recent offer, nearly a full month after his previous offer (Texas A&M). Usually a good sign
I'm giddy!!!!

Reaction Score
I thought literally the same thing reading this thread this morning.

His quote is our program to a T.

Other reasons I'm excited:
  • Grew up less than 50 miles from campus
  • Another bigger, versatile guard recruited by from Hurley and Co., which has become a signature of this program.
  • LOVE when a recruit's offers improve over time:
    • First seven: Siena, UMass, Iona, Bonnies, Bryant, Wake, Fairfield
    • Last twelve: all high majors
  • UConn was his most recent offer, nearly a full month after his previous offer (Texas A&M). Usually a good sign
I'm giddy!!!!
@Hey Adrien! All true on above comments.. Also--Still a young dude in growing phase..Could easily see additional height/weight prior to stepping on campus

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
He's #10 on rivals and almost guaranteed to be a top 10 player in the class. From Mali like Sanogo and Singare and has lived in CT for years. 6'10 can handle and shoot it from three. Here he is at the UConn Nova game with Big O...
View attachment 82484

1672499411746.png

Dunk attempt? No, that’s a block. He just went up and snagged it right out of the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom