Best Steakhouses | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Best Steakhouses

Reaction Score
It looks like this will be controversial in this thread, but I don’t like Lugers. Great steak, but I believe all of the top places are great. I hate the jerk waiters, cash only, crappy bar and location. To me, it's just not worth it. Probably worth going once just to check it off the list though. The most consistent top place I've probably been to is Mastros. Great in LA, AZ, and very good in Vegas and NYC. But I wouldn't complain about a bunch of others in New York.

The Mastros here is great.

The best steak place I've been to is Ringside in Portland,OR. Amazing old school steakhouse

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Bonanza? Ponderosa? Even Friendly's sells steak (I think).

pon-bon.com

You can register online for the VIP club.

I used to like going to Ponderosa when I was little to get the pudding.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
pon-bon.com

You can register online for the VIP club.

I used to like going to Ponderosa when I was little to get the pudding.

Bus trips with the baseball team in mid-70s was always Ponderosa or Bonanza. I wonder what they eat now.

Reaction Score
Love "Steak and Shake."

I never get filet anymore. Strictly rib-eyes for me.

Reaction Score
Keens in Manhattan is excellent.
Yes Keenes is good and in Manhattan Sparks is also very good. In Chicago Gino and Georgetta is outstanding but the best is still Peter Luger's IMO.
In NYC The Old Homestead and Gallaghers are good but lag a little behind the others.

Reaction Score
How about Denver? Will be there in a couple weeks and the wife wants steak. I usually trust Yelp but would always prefer a personal, firsthand recommendation

Reaction Score
Yes Keenes is good and in Manhattan Sparks is also very good. In Chicago Gino and Georgetta is outstanding but the best is still Peter Luger's IMO.
In NYC The Old Homestead and Gallaghers are good but lag a little behind the others.
There is an Old Homestead in Vegas too that is very good.

Reaction Score
There is an Old Homestead in Vegas too that is very good.
There is also a Gallaghers in New York, New York but it was mediocre. Vegas has some excellent steak houses but the names escape me.

Reaction Score
I eat at Abe and Louis in boston and had a great meal.
In Tampa there is place called berns which is good.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Lugers Porterhouse for 4

BtKciA0.jpg

August_West

Reaction Score
Smith and Wollensky Ribeye
KdkocgL.jpg

Reaction Score
Sparks
Shell Sirloin
PFGSmqo.jpg

Did you go to all of those steakhouses since this thread got started, or do you just have pics of steaks on your phone. Both are impressive, but the former would make me a bit scared for your health. My understanding from your other posts is that you slathered these fine cuts with ketchup, no?

My order would be:
- Sparks (don't love their sides in comparison to some others though).
- Palm.
- Lugers (steak is at the top with Sparks, but I'm not big on their atmosphere per my Page 2 post).
-
- Smith and Wollensky. I think they are in that next rung down.

August_West

Reaction Score
Did you go to all of those steakhouses since this thread got started, or do you just have pics of steaks on your phone. Both are impressive, but the former would make me a bit scared for your health. My understanding from your other posts is that you slathered these fine cuts with ketchup, no?

My order would be:
- Palm.
- Lugers (steak is at the top with Sparks, but I'm not big on their atmosphere per my Page 2 post).
-

some are years old; all within last 10 years.
Nope just once or twice a year.

I really love BLT. Never gets any love in NYC.

8IejF7i.jpg

Reaction Score

My order would be:
- Palm.
-
I have eaten at all of them and Smith and Wollensky is way below the others. In fact there is no reason to eat there with The Palm and Sparks within easy walking distance.

Reaction Score
I have eaten at all of them and Smith and Wollensky is way below the others. In fact there is no reason to eat there with The Palm and Sparks within easy walking distance.
I should clarify, that ranking was based on August_West's pics. I agree with you, which is why I left a symbolic spot between S&W and the others.

I'd put a bunch of the national chains in that open slot (Ruth's Chris, Capital Grille, Morton's...). I've had some great meals and mediocre meals at all of them. Very inconsistent, and not just based on location. The same location can be hit or miss. One of my favorites was when I want to Morton's with friends. One guy hadn't been so we let them do the table-side intro of the meats. When he got to the lobster he says "and of course, our live Maine Lobster..." He picked it up and the guy was clearly dead. I brought that to his attention and asked if they'd still be serving it. He said it must've just died, so they would. We didn't order lobster so I didn't continue, but who knew what that guy died from!

Reaction Score
It's fantastic for the money. Ive never found it too salty . I think you got screwed. Go back and get the bone in ribeye. But I should've stayed out of this thread as I'm slowly starving myself and havent had a proper piece of meat or over 1000 calories in 10 days. And it's going to be a while before I do. Now I'm hungry .
Down 14 lbs in those 10 days though.

14 lbs in 10 days is mighty impressive sir. Congrats! Other than the low calorie intake what are you doing? Intermittent fasting perhaps? That’s some serious progress in very little time.

And those steak photos you posted above look incredible!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom