OT: - Best Sports quote | The Boneyard

OT: Best Sports quote

Reaction Score
I've always liked these two;
  • "I told him, 'son, what is it with you, ignorance or apathy?' He said 'Coach, I don't know and I don't care.'" - Frank Layden, Utah Jazz president on a former player
  • "Son, looks to me like you're spending too much time on one subject." - Coach Shelby Metcalf, speaking about a player who received 4 and a D one semester

Reaction Score
  • "I told him, 'son, what is it with you, ignorance or apathy?' He said 'Coach, I don't know and I don't care.'" - Frank Layden, Utah Jazz president on a former player
  • "Son, looks to me like you're spending too much time on one subject." - Coach Shelby Metcalf, speaking about a player who received 4 and a D one semester
That last Shelby Metcalf line could be the best one. I never heard it before but it is top notch

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Ralph Kiner: "What's your wife's name and what's she like?"

Choo Choo Coleman: "Her name is Mrs. Coleman, and she likes me, Bub."

---------------

John McKay had another great one: "We didn't tackle well today, but we made up for it by not blocking."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not necessarily sports quotes but quotes from sports figures:

A fire broke out at an Auburn dorm I believe and Steve Spurrier (while UF coach) was told about it during Auburn game week including that some 20 or so books had been burned. He responded with something like, “The tragedy of it is 15 of them hadn’t been colored in yet…”. Ha ha

Reaction Score
Christian Vital's entire speech on Senior Night 2020. Last UConn moment before pandemic. Go UConn

Reaction Score
Frank Layden is a legend.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom