Best place for wings in Storrs/Mansfield? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Best place for wings in Storrs/Mansfield?

Reaction Score
Also Willibrew in Willimantic. About 15 min from campus. Good wings, not as good as Bidwell, but great beer and food options. Great atmosphere.

Willibrew nachos are legendary though.

Reaction Score
Lakeview in Coventry isn’t a bad choice. No noise, no crowd and wings aren’t bad. Been to Bidwell at least 25 times. As I am older don’t need that scene anymore. Check out Lakeview menu.

I half-agree with this.

The issue with Bidwell is on game days its absolutely insane. You have to get there so early to get a table.

Lakeview is significantly less popular, and for reason -- their food is meh. Solid wings, though. But the rest of the menu? They charge some pretty outlandish prices for some pretty middling food. Good view in the summer, though.

If I did want pre-game wings, though, I'd do Lakeview. They're decent and you won't be packed in like sardines and it's still close to campus.

Reaction Score
Bidwell Tavern was always a great choice and I can't believe I don't see horseradish flavors at other places. When it comes to wings we always order well done because slimy undercooked wings are just gross. Lakeview seems like a nice spot, always up for trying someplace new and outside of game day I hate crowds.

Pregame always comes with a big caveat. These places get an influx of a mob so you have to plan accordingly and service these days is hit or miss. Never been to Willibrew so I don't know what is going on there. Keep an extra 12 pack in the car just in case. Seriously, it seems every single time we go out the waitress or waiter forgets something and we either remind them or make sure it's not on the tab. I don't think it's the establishment as much as the workforce.

Went to J. Timothy's recently. Our waitress was excellent. The wings were very good but I never thought they were anything exceptional. The beer selection was very good.

Also, BJ's Brewhouse is pretty good if you're looking for a known brand. First went to one in Florida and now there is one at Buckland. Good beer selection and if desert is your bag you got the pizookie.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I have been to Lakeview about 3 times, and been disappointed in my meal every time.
Pretty mid-tier food from my experience.

The view is the only saving grace here.

Reaction Score
Is Bidwell good again? I remember it being great, then went maybe 7 years ago and it was god awful. Glad to hear their wings are back to their old form.

Reaction Score
Haven’t been there for years but when visiting the Blue the “Brazilian wings” back then were tremendous at times. Had a couple breasts that were face numbing with flavor. Chicken of course!
I always liked the Brazilian dry rub at the Blue. The hot garlic was my choice at The Bidwell and I used to go weekly

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Best wings are at Red Rock on rte 44.

Unlike the rest of these know-it-all losers, I've actually lived in Storrs for 28 years. I've eaten everywhere here - multiple times.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Found the best of the best... RED ROCK cafe...lots of choices..wings well cooked....by far the best I've had this year!!!!
Best wings are at Red Rock on rte 44.
I'm stunned. Haven't been there in 10 years and felt no reason to go back. But 2 recs in a row has me putting it back on my list. For wings.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
I'm stunned. Haven't been there in 10 years and felt no reason to go back. But 2 recs in a row has me putting it back on my list. For wings.
Yeah the rest of their menu is hit or miss (don't ever get a cold grinder, for some reason always soggy), but the wings are legit. Sweet Chili is my fav with a side of onion rings.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom