Best place for wings in Storrs/Mansfield? | The Boneyard

Best place for wings in Storrs/Mansfield?

Hoopcrazee

Hoopcrazee
Reaction Score
Help!..Looking for best place for wings in Storrs / Mansfield for pre or post game meal

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Bidwell Tavern in Coventry, about 10 minutes from campus. Probably the best wings you’ll find in the area.
Tons of good flavor options, both dry rub and sauce. I like the hickory horseradish sauce.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Also Willibrew in Willimantic. About 15 min from campus. Good wings, not as good as Bidwell, but great beer and food options. Great atmosphere.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Haven't been in eons, but I used to love the dry rub wings at Bidwell

Apollo

step back from the ledge
Reaction Score
Bidwell Tavern - great wings, tons of flavors. Good beers on tap

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Also Willibrew in Willimantic. About 15 min from campus. Good wings, not as good as Bidwell, but great beer and food options. Great atmosphere.
I will never go there before a game again. I got in there at 445 pm Thursday night, had my wife’s 22 year old cousin visiting from London ( first hoops game of any kind tv or otherwise) with me . We ordered a beer each and pretzels to split and never saw waitress again and at 620 I had to run to hostess station and throw my charge card at them to go to game. I got in arena at 12 minute timeout.

Wilibrew can blow me

It wasn’t even busy

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Yeah, forget Wilibrew if you aren't in the club.

Reaction Score
Willibrew is always a solid stop, problem is it's damn near impossible to get in there on a weekend - unless things have changed since Covid?

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Lakeview in Coventry isn’t a bad choice. No noise, no crowd and wings aren’t bad. Been to Bidwell at least 25 times. As I am older don’t need that scene anymore. Check out Lakeview menu.
Happy to hear that place is still around. Was always a great off the beaten path place to hang out.

Reaction Score
I will never go there before a game again. I got in there at 445 pm Thursday night, had my wife’s 22 year old cousin visiting from London ( first hoops game of any kind tv or otherwise) with me . We ordered a beer each and pretzels to split and never saw waitress again and at 620 I had to run to hostess station and throw my charge card at them to go to game. I got in arena at 12 minute timeout.

Wilibrew can blow me

It wasn’t even busy

Have had a similar experience there. I'll go if people invite me, but not my first choice if I'm picking.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score

Wilibrew can blow me

It wasn’t even busy
Geez you two nursed a beer and a pretzel for two hours

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
We haven't been to Bidwell's for several years now. Their game day service was absolutely the worse. Not enough wait staff, not even enough bartenders. Stand around waiting for drinks, the bartender wouldn't even look at you because she was so overwhelmed. This happened on multiple occasions before we quit that place.

What was once one of our go to places, not even on our conscious minds anymore.

Reaction Score
Help!..Looking for best place for wings in Storrs / Mansfield for pre or post game meal
Lol, when I first saw the thread title thought you meant the best place for 3’s and 4’s is in Storrs/Mansfield. As for chicken wings, you might find better but if time is of the essence just look for a Popeye’s.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom