OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 302 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Reaction Score
Was discussing sgt peps the other day with some freinds, I remember it being like the best pizza ever. My question is, was this actually good or was i just drunk?

Reaction Score
Was discussing sgt peps the other day with some freinds, I remember it being like the best pizza ever. My question is, was this actually good or was i just drunk?
Yes

Their pepperoni bread was actually the best thing on the menu, especially considering the price

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I don’t get why that starts to extend into NY/NJ where the pizza is just as good (in a differing style) lol nobody has to “eat at your own risk” in the greater metro NY. Just cut it off at the border with Upstate, otherwise seems legit
I Dont Get It Over My Head GIF by Lil Jon

Reaction Score
Picked up a pie for Magic 5 Pizza Co. last night, tried their Buffalo mozz, gorg, chive and (hold the) sweet sausage.

IMG_3297.jpeg

It wasn’t my favorite. Pretty heavy on the cheese and probably the most mushy I’ve had there.

When they’re on their game, their pizzas are excellent, but it’s almost like their quality control needs more consistency.

Reaction Score
Bar again, this time with my brother. Got the elote pie and sausage/pepper/ricotta pie. Amazing again.

Reaction Score
Anyone had good pizza in Avon area?

And don’t say Naples in Farmington. Way overrated.

We go to E&D in Avon, but for sandwiches and stuff, not pizzas. Harry's Bishops Corner is just on the other side of Avon Mountain Road. South of there is Pepe's in the SE corner of WeHa on New Britain Avenue. Those 3 and Naples are our local take-out places.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
We go to E&D in Avon, but for sandwiches and stuff, not pizzas. Harry's Bishops Corner is just on the other side of Avon Mountain Road. South of there is Pepe's in the SE corner of WeHa on New Britain Avenue. Those 3 and Naples are our local take-out places.
WeHa is close enough to Avon to just take the extra time. It might not be New Haven, but its probably the second best pizza town in CT.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
From what I've been told they start with American cheese (which, is not cheese but a processed cheese product), season it and add (unstated) other items to give it a flavor that somewhat resembles provolone (that's where the name comes from).

It's little more than bait for a mouse trap.
Here are the details. It's pretty much cheese...mostly. I don't mind Imo's, but it's not anything but food for drunk hungry college kids, like Little Ceasars. It falls below the hand tossed Pizza Hut bar as a pie.

Reaction Score

My memory (hazy ) is that they were by far the best pizza on campus. In addition, their chix parm grinder was excellent and their calzones were 30x better than DP Dough.

August_West

Reaction Score
Had Olde World with a fellow Boneyarder on Friday. Superb as always. Thinking Roseland, Modern and Olde World are my Top 3 at this point.
Pizza bro kinda panned olde world. I like your review better

Reaction Score
Pizza bro kinda panned olde world. I like your review better
I hope he keeps panning it… he turned Little Rendezvous in Meriden into a crap show for long time regulars. Would hate for the same fate for Olde World.

Reaction Score
I hope he keeps panning it… he turned Little Rendezvous in Meriden into a crap show for long time regulars. Would hate for the same fate for Olde World.
The only two things I dislike about Olde World are the hours (only lunchtime hours are on Friday) and the fact that it’s not at eat-in joint - although I’m usually looking to take a pie to Twelve Percent Beer Project anyway. I consider it the most underrated, under-hyped pizza in the state.

Reaction Score
meh. He's jumped the shark. I dont care if he loves CT Pizza or not. This guy is nuts. And not in a good way (despite he wants you to believe). And BTW his Pizza fest was a scam fest extraordinaire.
I've never liked him but shining a light on people who smear and try to destroy others they don't like under the guise of journalism is always a good thing.

August_West

Reaction Score
I've never liked him but shining a light on people who smear and try to destroy others they don't like under the guise of journalism is always a good thing.
I don't disagree with that at all. But I don't think it is that cut and dry any longer with him. But some media absolutely tees it up for him, no doubt. He actually is more shrewd that way than any other.

Why was he calling out Kenji at Pizza fest along with WaPo? Thin skin? He reminds me of someone. Thats all Ill say on this board.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't disagree with that at all. But I don't think it is that cut and dry any longer with him. But some media absolutely tees it up for him, no doubt. He actually is more shrewd that way than any other.

Why was he calling out Kenji at Pizza fest along with WaPo? Thin skin? He reminds me of someone. Thats all Ill say on this board.
I have no idea who J. Kenji Alt is. Looked him up, apparently J. Kenji Alt and Portnoy hate each other and have had a running feud for a while.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom