OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 299 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
The dude is a liberal nut job in a liberal nut job of a town.

He’s gonna be fine.

Yelp will clean up the reviews, the (insert word that normal adults can use in conversation but that this board bans for some reason) will move on.
casuals?

Reaction Score
People like different things. I am an unsophisticated pizza eater. I like Costco pepperoni slice better than Pepis. Why? I like a lot of cheese and I don't like my crust burnt. A lot of those famous places skimp on the pie ingredients, they live on rep.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
People like different things. I am an unsophisticated pizza eater. I like Costco pepperoni slice better than Pepis. Why? I like a lot of cheese and I don't like my crust burnt. A lot of those famous places skimp on the pie ingredients, they live on rep.
I think it's less that "those famous places skimp on pie ingredients" and more that you're a gluttonous pig :p

Reaction Score
I think it's less that "those famous places skimp on pie ingredients" and more that you're a gluttonous pig :p
I like cheese what can I say, but ultra thin, burnt, scantily topped overpriced pizza has become very trendy here in CT.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I like cheese what can I say, but ultra thin, burnt, scantily topped overpriced pizza has become very trendy here in CT.
You should move to Pittsburgh. Most of the pizza here simply serves as a cheese delivery device. I can't get char anywhere outside of the wood-fired oven joints.

Reaction Score
Can only say what I like but taste in pizza is not a contest and it's very subjective.
It's absolutely subjective. I love the classic New Haven char pies. Lots of great ahbeetz in Connecticut and a handful of great NY style places. Then there is Zeneli which is superb in an entirely different way. Embarrassment of Riches. Shoutout to Little City in Avon for a couple recent great pies. They crushed it in Simsbury and they still do in Avon.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Can only say what I like but taste in pizza is not a contest and it's very subjective.
It's absolutely a contest. Why do you think there's a list about it every other week. Or why Portnoy is making a killing on "one bite".

Pizza is actually less subjective than it is a product of what you were familiar with growing up. And it's not our fault your mother raised you wrong :D

Reaction Score
Pizza snobs are very tedious.
It's fine if someone loves 7-Eleven pizza/Costco pizza and Hot Pockets but you're telling on yourself. Some people like to eat their own boogers too but it doesn't make boogers or Costco pizza as good or better than New Haven pizza.

Reaction Score
It's absolutely a contest. Why do you think there's a list about it every other week. Or why Portnoy is making a killing on "one bite".

Pizza is actually less subjective than it is a product of what you were familiar with growing up. And it's not our fault your mother raised you wrong :D
This is not to say that I don’t know what great pizza is because I do. Never said Costco pizza was the best only that I preferred it over burnt and undertopped Pepis. When I was in Italy I sampled outstanding pizza because they have higher quality, aged and blended cheeses, better flour and olive oil, hence great pizza.
Those kinds of ingredients are costly and profit is the reason many places don’t use them or are light on the toppings.
Not Connecticut but as I have said one of my favorite places is The Italian Store (they sell a lot of products from Italy in addition to making pizza and subs) in Arlington Va. A lot of their ingredients are imported from Italy and in my conversations with them as to why their pizza is so good they told me that was the reason, so that said there is plenty of good pizza in Connecticut, I know that.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

I own the controversial restaurant takes space here on the Boneyard so I am going to have to ask you to cease and desist.

Reaction Score
"Slices of Heaven: 58 Great Connecticut Pizza Places
In styles ranging from traditional to cutting-edge, our panel of experts dish on their favorite pizzerias."

Reaction Score
"Slices of Heaven: 58 Great Connecticut Pizza Places
In styles ranging from traditional to cutting-edge, our panel of experts dish on their favorite pizzerias."

I have not each place on this list, but the one omission I am surprised about is Rossini's in Cheshire. Before Fuoco opened, it was THE pizza place in Cheshire and considered to be one of the best suburban New Haven-style pizza places on a tier below the New Haven trinity along with Roseland and Zuppardi's.

Reaction Score
I have not each place on this list, but the one omission I am surprised about is Rossini's in Cheshire. Before Fuoco opened, it was THE pizza place in Cheshire and considered to be one of the best suburban New Haven-style pizza places on a tier below the New Haven trinity along with Roseland and Zuppardi's.
Interesting. I’m in Cheshire at the moment and looked up Rossinis; looks awful in pics on Yelp. Sergio’s and Anthony’s seem much better. Hell I’d rather get the Greek/Bar stuff at Cheshire Pizza before what I’ve seen on Rossinis yelp page.

But of course Fuoco is indeed the best now

Reaction Score
Interesting. I’m in Cheshire at the moment and looked up Rossinis; looks awful in pics on Yelp. Sergio’s and Anthony’s seem much better. Hell I’d rather get the Greek/Bar stuff at Cheshire Pizza before what I’ve seen on Rossinis yelp page.

But of course Fuoco is indeed the best now
Fuoco is overpriced and, more importantly, inconsistent.

Reaction Score
Fuoco is overpriced and, more importantly, inconsistent.
Dude, it's $20 for a "large" large. Yes, it costs more than Costco or 7-Eleven but that's in no way overpriced today.

Reaction Score
Dude, it's $20 for a "large" large. Yes, it costs more than Costco or 7-Eleven but that's in no way overpriced today.
maybe look at a menu before chiming in and making yourself look dumb.

Reaction Score
maybe look at a menu before chiming in and making yourself look dumb.
Dopey, I did. It was $20 when I went and it's $20 now.
Screenshot_20230906-123128_Chrome.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom