OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 298 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I took my 3-year-old goddaughter/niece to Sally's/Modern/Pepe's last week. She opted for

Modern: Cheese w/ meatball
Pepe's: The original clam (I made her) and a regular cheese
Sally's: half regular cheese, half tomato pie

She preferred modern because she's a freak who doesn't understand good 'za doesn't need enough cheese to suffocate you, but we had a nice time. Gotta start 'em young!

Reaction Score
I took my 3-year-old goddaughter/niece to Sally's/Modern/Pepe's last week. She opted for

She preferred modern because she's a freak who doesn't understand good 'za doesn't need enough cheese to suffocate you, but we had a nice time. Gotta start 'em young!
Modern is the best, smart girl with a refined palate.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
We always get apizza when visiting my mom back in New Haven. My two kids (10 and 5) can already tell the difference between real apizza and the rando stuff we mostly get down here in northern Virginia (although a Pepe's did open nearby recently).

Reaction Score
We always get apizza when visiting my mom back in New Haven. My two kids (10 and 5) can already tell the difference between real apizza and the rando stuff we mostly get down here in northern Virginia (although a Pepe's did open nearby recently).
I mean I’m sure a 5 year old can tell the difference between San Diego tacos and Taco Bell lol

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

Three may be a bit young but I love the idea of starting her early.

I try to make a trip at least once a year to hit all three in the same day. It's well worth the effort.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Had Fuocco last night. First time. It was already at the house where I went to visit and was not hot anymore. But, Holy Crap it was great!! Coal-fired. The pepperoni had some zong!! Crispy crust.

Reaction Score
Had Fuocco last night. First time. It was already at the house where I went to visit and was not hot anymore. But, Holy Crap it was great!! Coal-fired. The pepperoni had some zong!! Crispy crust.
Fuoco is legit top 10 in CT.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
Any decent pizza on DE coast? Down on Bethany Beach for the week.
Sadly no. These are folks that think Grotto Pizza (a chain) is good stuff. I'd stick with seafood...

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score

Seriously though on the cheese. Piping hot modern is still good but anything colder than that it’s like taking a cheese wedge to the dome.

Reaction Score

I saw that Pepe's opended a place in the Ft. Lauderdale area, too. I wonder if it's the same? Pepe's in WeHa is good and is my family's second choice after Naples for local pizza (and ahead of Harry's Bishop Corner in WeHa and A&D in Avon); but the original Pepe's in New Haven is better.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Some people that was staged. Purtnoy went off on him kinda quick.

Guy got more publicity and business than if he for a good review.

It was a matter of taste of how much parmesan is in the cheese blend.

Reaction Score
Guy got more publicity and business than if he for a good review.

It was a matter of taste of how much parmesan is in the cheese blend.
Disagree. His business will be under in 3 months. Barstool has a huge following that do "what they're told". I bet the Yelp for that spot is already destroyed.

Reaction Score
Their Yelp is currently a 2.9 right now with an avalanche of 1 star ratings the last week.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Getting in an argument with Dave Portnoy is not going to close his business and neither will a bunch of one-star reviews from internet simps. The people who went there before will keep going there and to the extent anyone out there is aware of this, people will go out of curiosity.

Weird reaction from the owner, though. Also, Parmesan is gross on pizza.

Reaction Score
Getting in an argument with Dave Portnoy is not going to close his business and neither will a bunch of one-star reviews from internet simps. The people who went there before will keep going there and to the extent anyone out there is aware of this, people will go out of curiosity.

Weird reaction from the owner, though. Also, Parmesan is gross on pizza.
Respectfully speaking, I don't think you follow this pizza review thing close enough. And that's not a bad thing. It's mob mentality, the Stoolies will burn it to the ground online and most pizza joints can't surf through a bad 3-6 months.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Respectfully speaking, I don't think you follow this pizza review thing close enough. And that's not a bad thing. It's mob mentality, the Stoolies will burn it to the ground online and most pizza joints can't surf through a bad 3-6 months.

The dude is a liberal nut job in a liberal nut job of a town.

He’s gonna be fine.

Yelp will clean up the reviews, the (insert word that normal adults can use in conversation but that this board bans for some reason) will move on.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom