OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 314 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Reaction Score
I started making pizza in my over at home about a year ago. I figured out how to make New Haven thin style crust, but could never get the sauce right. I deliberately avoided using sugar in my sauce all year because the pizza here in Buffalo, with the exception of 2 places, is heavy on sugar. It's really sickly sweet, which is why I don't eat it. I make about 4 trips to New Haven each year, we were there just last week, I went into Sally's and noticed for the first time that there's a pretty mild amount of sugar in the sauce. So, I made pizza last night and added a little bit of sugar. And there it was, I finally replicated a New Haven pizza.

Also made a sliced potato, onion, pecorino, mozz, pizza with red pepper flakes, lemon and oilve oil to finish it.

Reaction Score
Looks like a pan pizza, I’ll pass.
Well… “Three Brothers will serve Greek-style pizza using dough and fresh ingredients that are made from scratch, according to Kangal”

Reaction Score
Well… “Three Brothers will serve Greek-style pizza using dough and fresh ingredients that are made from scratch, according to Kangal”
Oh, maybe I’ll try it when I’m up that way.

Reaction Score
I started making pizza in my over at home about a year ago. I figured out how to make New Haven thin style crust, but could never get the sauce right. I deliberately avoided using sugar in my sauce all year because the pizza here in Buffalo, with the exception of 2 places, is heavy on sugar. It's really sickly sweet, which is why I don't eat it. I make about 4 trips to New Haven each year, we were there just last week, I went into Sally's and noticed for the first time that there's a pretty mild amount of sugar in the sauce. So, I made pizza last night and added a little bit of sugar. And there it was, I finally replicated a New Haven pizza.

Also made a sliced potato, onion, pecorino, mozz, pizza with red pepper flakes, lemon and oilve oil to finish it.
Hell yes. Fake it til you make it. The 'joy of cooking' is appreciating (learning from) your mistakes.

Honestly, if I could go back in time, besides being a carpenter, I'd be a chef. To hell with IT.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Hell yes. Fake it til you make it. The 'joy of cooking' is appreciating (learning from) your mistakes.

Honestly, if I could go back in time, besides being a carpenter, I'd be a chef. To hell with IT.
I love cooking, grilling, and smoking. I find it mostly relaxing and cathartic, but I don't know how much I would like doing it for hours on end, everyday, for other people of varying standards ranging into the impossible.

Reaction Score
I tried Pepe’s in Delray Beach FL. The white clam pie was just as good as the ones in CT. I received $10 credit using their app for first time so small pie and peroni beer was $15 before tip

It was great day until transmission issues on. I95 but still worth the drive,
IMG_0766.jpeg
IMG_0767.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I tried Pepe’s in Delray Beach FL. The white clam pie was just as good as the ones in CT. I received $10 credit using their app for first time so small pie and peroni beer was $15 before tip

It was great day until transmission issues on. I95 but still worth the drive, View attachment 97917 View attachment 97918
I find the "new" Pepe's locations in CT are hit or miss. Elmwood is blahh, Mohegan is solid, especially that same white clam pie.

Reaction Score
I find the "new" Pepe's locations in CT are hit or miss. Elmwood is blahh, Mohegan is solid, especially that same white clam pie.
Pepe’s in Danbury is hit or miss. I’ve had pizza’s there that were meh and other times pizzas that were just like New Haven. It depends on who the bakers are.

Reaction Score
I’m always satisfied with the white clam pie in CT. I usually go to Mohegan or Manchester. I’ve been to Waterbury but had something different with the wife. I have been to Elmwood but that was over 10 years ago but the fresh tomato pie was good.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Went to Modern on Friday. Was the first time in about a decade, and it's still excellent.

Stopped by Sally's in Stamford this afternoon on the way back to NYC. First time at that location, and it was fine. Not as good as the original spot (the only Sally's I've been to) but a good to very good representation of proper New Haven-style apizza.

I'm sure it'll get better as the oven gets more seasoned.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
Had a mustard pizza on Good Friday... I'm having trouble trying to rationalize why someone had the notion to put spicy mustard into the dough...it shouldn't work, but surprisingly it didn't suck. Still not as good as Sally's anchovy pizza, which is my favorite.

Reaction Score

How in the hell is San Diego in the top 5 lmaooo

Tribute in North Park is one of the best places in the country but that alone doesn’t put SD top 5. I spent all 7 of my years there looking for pizza that stacks up, and there are only a few

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
CT Pizza DVR Alert: April 17 - 4pm Turner Classic Movie - Splendor in the Grass

Angelina, the New Haven Pizza Princess, steals Warren Beatty from Natalie Wood. While many considered Angelina's victory an upset....she should have been considered the favorite with New Haven Apizza on her side.

Westport has a pizza place named Angelina's. Has this pie & movie been properly reviewed on the 'yard?

1961 film far superior to Mystic Pizza.

Reaction Score
Once or twice a year I'm really in the mood for Greek style pizza. Any favorites?

Reaction Score
Once or twice a year I'm really in the mood for Greek style pizza. Any favorites?
Im not a big Greek style guy, but Post Corner Pizza in Darien has a solid broccoli Greek pie. Hope Street Pizza in Stamford solid as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom