OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 294 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Reaction Score
In central/northern CT area.... I will still stand by Chunky Tomato here in Bristol.

Get their white pie with baby clams, mozz, bacon, garlic and capers. :cool:

Reaction Score
My Italian mother and grandmother used to make fried dough which I believe we called azapes. Both have passed so I haven't had the home made ones in years. We used to eat with sugar or with my mother's delicious sauce.

Yeah my grandmother would make it and call it pizza fritte. Was delicious. My mom has no interest in cooking but my sister has the recipe and has made it a few times.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yeah my grandmother would make it and call it pizza fritte. Was delicious. My mom has no interest in cooking but my sister has the recipe and has made it a few times.
I grew up knowing it as "friddu". It was delicious. It was only a few years ago that I realized that "friddu" is an Italianized "fried dough".

Reaction Score
My Italian mother and grandmother used to make fried dough which I believe we called azapes. Both have passed so I haven't had the home made ones in years. We used to eat with sugar or with my mother's delicious sauce.

I grew up knowing it as "friddu". It was delicious. It was only a few years ago that I realized that "friddu" is an Italianized "fried dough".
You talking zeppoles?

Reaction Score
You talking zeppoles?
Zeppoles are a different thing, this is CT style fried dough and what I think Letsgohuskies11 and HCCForever are describing...

Carnival-Pizzas.jpg

Reaction Score
looks like a fancy fried dough
It is a fried dough. In Connecticut they put pizza sauce and parm on it. Pretty much everywhere else seems to only put powdered sugar on it which is always disappointing.

Reaction Score
It is a fried dough. In Connecticut they put pizza sauce and parm on it. Pretty much everywhere else seems to only put powdered sugar on it which is always disappointing.
i’ve had many arguments with my jersey ppl. i give up

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You are correct superjohn. This is what I am referring to. My mother used to call them azapes or something similar. I cannot find that name when I google, however.
The one I am remembering is a little bit different. More like fried pizza dough.

IMG_9597.jpeg

Or it would typically be talked with cinnamon and sugar for sometimes confectioners sugar.

Reaction Score
The one I am remembering is a little bit different. More like fried pizza dough.

View attachment 89819

Or it would typically be talked with cinnamon and sugar for sometimes confectioners sugar.
Similar to what I remember. Smaller than a plate and sometimes just buttered and eaten that way too. Many options.

Reaction Score
As a pizza snob I was appalled
the other day . We buy these little pizza at Costco that my grandson loves to make in the Air Fryer .
There actually no worst than most pizza out here.
He was staying at our house and a couple of his friends stayed over. I was appalled when they all put ranch dressing ion the pizza .

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
the other day . We buy these little pizza at Costco that my grandson loves to make in the Air Fryer .
He was staying at our house and a couple of his friends stayed over. I was appalled when they all put ranch dressing ion the pizza .
Capture.JPG

Reaction Score

Does he put ketchup on hotdogs too?

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Post/avatar

Reaction Score
New Haven (including West Haven, East Haven and North Branford, or…………don’t bother.

Reaction Score
Up here in the Bristol, Burlington area, there's a bunch of locally owned Max Pizza joints. Just your standard greek style pizza and some good veal and chicken parm and grinders and such....their salad dressings are made in house and their creamy Italian has become huge! So they sell it all by itself in different size containers. People use it to dip their pizza crust pieces into.

Reaction Score
I’m spending the evening today at The Graduate in Storrs and prior to going to the Yardgoats game, we tried Blaze again, figuring it would be better on 5 pm on a Tuesday when kids are off campus versus 830 pm on a Friday filled w students.

Second try was so much better for the first. Still classified as “Subway, but for pizza” but a totally suitable quick meal.

It is weird though how there’s nowhere on campus of a large state university where you could walk in and grab a quick $2 slice.

IMG_2877.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bballmicmac

Top Bottom