Best One Hit Wonder Song

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
giphy.gif

top 10 again.

H8r

Count On Me (Jefferson Starship song) - Wikipedia

You’re right. It was Jefferson and I am a h8r.

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
Zombies by The Cranberries. RIP Dolores O’Riordan. She was their lead singer and passed away today at the age of 46. This song epitomized the grunge movement of the early 90’s.

The alt rock era (sorry I hate the term grunge) produced tons of one hit wonders.

Blind Melon was technically a one hit band. But it is such a strange case.

The one hit was indicative of their sound in general and you could make the case that it was possibly the weakest track they ever made.

A few other 1HW's from the era

Screaming Trees- I Nearly Lost You
Candlebox- Far Away
Toadies- Possum Kingdom
Silverchair- Tomorrow
Harvey Danger- Flagpole Sitta

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Speaking of pain. Miracles was technically the only charting song for Jefferson Starship.

After they dropped the Jefferson part of the name they had 3 top ten singles including We Built This City (which gives Miracles a run for it’s money.)

I'm going to propose that the release of "We Built This City" was the actual start of political discord in the USofA. Those that like the song went on to become deplorables and Trumpers. Those who hated it have been responsible for every good thing that's happened since the 70s.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Throwing this one out there as it certainly got airplay here thanks to the locally shot video, but maybe you've never heard of them where you live. It was refreshing seeing/hearing a live hip-hop band that plays its own instruments. Sadly they seem to have disappeared after 2015.

Also highly recommend "Fading Away".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom