OT: - Ben Gordon | The Boneyard

OT: Ben Gordon

Reaction Score
Just got an alert from bleacher report that he has been checked into a hospital for a psychiatric evaluation. Really sad, don't really know what to say. I know that instagram live video a while back didn't seem to be him at his best but he was working out with a bunch of NBA guys this offseason. Stuff changes quick.

Reaction Score
Just got an alert from bleacher report that he has been checked into a hospital for a psychiatric evaluation. Really sad, don't really know what to say. I know that instagram live video a while back didn't seem to be him at his best but he was working out with a bunch of NBA guys this offseason. Stuff changes quick.
Sadly, he's been a mess for a while. Really hope he gets himself right.

C

Chief00

While at UConn he did have that one incident with a girl. Other than that I always knew him as a hard worker, good and friendly guy. After an outstanding rookie year, he did have a downward trajectory in the NBA, which is often explained by getting involved with things he should avoid. Leave it at that. Wishing Ben the best and hopes he reconnects with his old coach, who I am sure would love to hear from him.

Reaction Score

Man, there is a lot in here. The optimist in me says this could be the starting point of a recovery, but there is obviously a lot we don't know and certainly the experience must have been very traumatizing to the woman as well. The image of him locked in a room with a box-cutter while the woman is both literally and figuratively trapped in a different room is too jolting to unpack at once. There is no sense in speculating beyond what we know, but it isn't hard to envision a scenario where this followed all the dramatic scripts from movies and tv series.

It didn't occur to me at the time, but the act of pulling the fire alarm was so symbolic.

Reaction Score
While at UConn he did have that one incident with a girl. Other than that I always knew him as a hard worker, good and friendly guy. After an outstanding rookie year, he did have a downward trajectory in the NBA, which is often explained by getting involved with things he should avoid. Leave it at that. Wishing Ben the best and hopes he reconnects with his old coach, who I am sure would love to hear from him.

He had a couple good years in Chicago then signed a big deal with Detroit and lost his edge. I think switching to a Vegan diet hurt him also as he lost a lot of weight/muscle.

Reaction Score
This is sad, I hope he can get himself together. I will say, all of his more recent problems... The OOO shop and the fire alarm situation both seem tied to this one woman. Women have been known to make a man lose his mind from time to time. Maybe they arent good for each other? Thats just speculation based on what i read in that article. I hope Ben gets the help he needs.

Reaction Score
Chief, your timeline is all off. Gordon had 5 really good years with the Bulls, a couple of those seasons he was one of the best clutch shooters and best 4th quarter scorers in the NBA, he had some enormous playoff performances.

Reaction Score
Chief, your timeline is all off. Gordon had 5 really good years with the Bulls, a couple of those seasons he was one of the best clutch shooters and best 4th quarter scorers in the NBA, he had some enormous playoff performances.

5 years @ 18.5 points ad 41% from 3 average form what I saw? That's really solid no doubt.

Hope he gets what he needs and gets well.

Reaction Score
Such a bummer. Hope he can get it together.

Also, I hope he can get to Gampel sometime soon after. Dude still needs to be inducted into the Huskies of Honor.

C

Chief00

Superjohn,you’re right. I was thinking of Ben winning The Sixth Man award and 1st All Rookie Team his first year, hence my post. I believe he was the first Rookie at the time to have won the Sixth Man award. Pretty special.
But, to your point, he played well through 2008, leaving for the Piston’s for the 2009 season.

Reaction Score
Life after fame can be difficult (although I wouldn't know). Hope he gets better because he does have child(ren). Also hope he finds a purpose and embraces it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom