So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Just had the Hooker watermelon beer pretty sharp stuff.
I tried that last year. Never again. If you want a fruity beer might as well try Rubaeus pure raspberry ale from Founder's. They sure didn't skimp on the raspberries - the writing on the box says:

Not another boring summer wheat beer or lemonade shandy - Rubaeus is Founder's way to celebrate the season's warmest months. Optimizing the flavor of fresh rasperries added at multiple stages during fermentation, this stunning berry red masterpiece is the perfect balance of sweet and tart. No question about it, with a hefty malt bill and 5.7 ABV, this beer is 100% Founder's.

Reaction Score
Long Trail Ale
Cigar City Jai Alai IPA

Miller Lite is always in the beer fridge.

Michelob Ultra when I want to drink all day and have the presence of mind to drink very light beer. I feel much better after drinking ultra than anything else.

Reaction Score
We need to omit all beers that have berries ,apples lemonade or are made to taste like a Christmas cookie. These are only there to make girls drink and they should not e associated with football

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Long Trail Ale
Cigar City Jai Alai IPA

Miller Lite is always in the beer fridge.

Michelob Ultra when I want to drink all day and have the presence of mind to drink very light beer. I feel much better after drinking ultra than anything else.

Mich Ultra is my beer of choice when out on the boat or beach.

Reaction Score
The two beers I have had this week are Rochefort 10 and Chimey Blue Label.

I have a type, that is for sure.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
Well, my beer of choice is Guinness, especially if you can get it directly in Ireland. More creamy. They have to pasteurize it when it comes into the US, and it's not quite as good. For something a little lighter, Smithwick's will do the trick as will Stella. There are some really good off the wall beers here too, and I'm not a fan of American beer...hate Bud, Miller products...they're made with rice and it gives me a headache. Besides, they taste like dishwater...wait, no, not that good.

If you have the chance try some of the beers from the Alaskan Brewing Company. The Alaskan Amber and the Summer Ale are very good. My favorites are Moose Drool, Trout Slayer, and Slow Elk, from the Big Sky Brewery in M0ntana. Moose Drool is a great choice.

Reaction Score
I like PBR (although the hipster infatuation with it has definitely drive the price up), Miller High Life..and my favorite Miller High Life Blue Label (Light). The Miller High Life Light is EXTREMELY hard to find near me...but it is very good. My old stand-by has become Miller Lite. I used to be a HUGE Bud Light guy..but the purchase of Budweiser by InBev changed that. I also enjoy a cold Schlitz or Schaefer too. BEST thing about drinking these beers...you never seem to run out of them at a tailgate because everyone else thinks they are bottom of the barrel swill!!!!!

Reaction Score
I love the fact that Ten Penny is now bottled but I refuse to buy beer that only comes in 4-packs. Those of you that buy those are setting a bad precedent. Why in the world would you spend the same on a 4-pack when you can get a 6-pack for the same price? There are plenty of quality brews that come in a 6-pack.

Reaction Score
I love the fact that Ten Penny is now bottled but I refuse to buy beer that only comes in 4-packs. Those of you that buy those are setting a bad precedent. Why in the world would you spend the same on a 4-pack when you can get a 6-pack for the same price? There are plenty of quality brews that come in a 6-pack.

Agreed. That's the easiest way to get me to pass on a beer.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
One of the owners of a local bar/music joints down here has a weekly beer column every Wednesday in the paper.

This week's choice is Celtic Experience Brewing.

http://www.pnj.com/article/20130731...arden-Choose-beer-flavor-not-an-alcoholic-hit

Dark Age sounds ominous and foreboding, but it’s really a dark, mild ale that’s been extremely well conceived. A pretty mahogany with ruby highlights and a long-lasting head, Dark Age delivers everything that’s fantastic about malted grain. Scents of walnut, caramel and chocolate take center stage, with a trace of smoke. Flavors are of toffee, brown sugar and biscuit, with very, very mild leafy hop character. The abv is a miniscule 4 percent, so enjoy an extra one or two.
Celt is a perfect example of function before fashion and quality, not quantity. It’s high time for American palates to respect this notion

Reaction Score
Oh dear lord how did I forget about Resin.

Also try their Three Bean beer.

Reaction Score
Beer-It's all good.
Lately it's been:
Belfast Brewery's Lobster Red Ale
Cisco's Whale's Tail Pale Ale
Modelo Especiale & Negra
GW-Brewed in CT.
Guinness
Harp
Bass Ale
I could go on, but you get the point.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Agreed. That's (4-packs) the easiest way to get me to pass on a beer.

I third the motion. Dogfish Head 60 is my favorite beer these days and nothing else comes close. I have no idea what the 90 is like and unless I get it in a pub I will never know.

Bud is my go-to tailgate beer, Miller Lite when I want to go with lower carbs (much less than Bud Light).
Hate beer: Coors Light - like making love in a canoe, close to water.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
...and my favorite Miller High Life Blue Label (Light). The Miller High Life Light is EXTREMELY hard to find near me...!

LOL! I know a guy that swears by that stuff and when comes across it, he will buy out the store. I think 12 30-packs at one time is his record. He has a room in his house just for his 30-packs of High Life Light.

F

fortebleedsblue

Now this is something I have to chime in on. Shipyard pumpkinhead... Sure the are better microbrews but like the first cool autumn day will always remind me of soccer season... Pumpkinhead will always get me pumped up about football season... And its damn good.

Reaction Score
Another favorite: Widmer Nelson Imperial IPA

Great tailgating beer: Blue Point Hoptical Illusion

Reaction Score
Hacker Pschorr
Franziskaner
A couple of German wheat beers that are always good during tailgating.

I'm also fond of several of the varieties of Redhook's beers.

And for anyone giving you grief over Bud Light or any other mass produced light beer, don't worry. They won't sneak up on you and leave you lying in the parking lot hammered drunk and they won't overpower any food on the menu.
I "guess" that's a ringing endorsement... ;^)

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Beer geek: Anything by Allagash Brewery in Maine. I love the Allagash Four.

My everyday drinking beer since I'm in Pennsylvania is Yuengling. It's on tap everywhere here. It's very good.

I used to be a porter/stout guy... but it's just too heavy. I still enjoy one from time to time... but the days of polishing off a six pack (or two) in an evening are over.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Oh yeah... and I HATE living in PA because of the asinine beer distribution laws. I'm required to buy a case if I want to spend less than $8 for a six pack of anything. Not a problem with something like Yuengling but it makes trying out new beers a problem. I either have to drive sixty miles to NJ or spend a ton on a six pack.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom