Beer | Page 240 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
Simcoe is not one of my favorite hops, but this beer is fantastic. My reward for many hours of yard work.

8D7F4564-8C35-4D09-A642-609AD03F1F00.jpeg

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I snagged three on release day a few months ago. It was stronger on the buds last night then it was on release day. Still thick like Quaker State and tasting excellent.

One more left, along with a Pappy 23.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Simcoe is not one of my favorite hops, but this beer is fantastic. My reward for many hours of yard work.

View attachment 76404
One of the coolest things Sam Adams ever did was an old deconstructed IPA series, where you bought a six pack, got the regular beer, plus 5 versions of the same beer made with just one of the 5 hops. Very informative. I hated the Simcoe only beer.

That said, it's fine if it isn't the primary hop in a blend. Just can't stand alone like Galaxy, Citra or Mosaic. Amarillo is so-so, and I sometimes like Nelson Sauvin, but it does produce a grassy, while wine like profile. Most of the best beers use a blend.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
One of the coolest things Sam Adams ever did was an old deconstructed IPA series, where you bought a six pack, got the regular beer, plus 5 versions of the same beer made with just one of the 5 hops. Very informative. I hated the Simcoe only beer.

That said, it's fine if it isn't the primary hop in a blend. Just can't stand alone like Galaxy, Citra or Mosaic. Amarillo is so-so, and I sometimes like Nelson Sauvin, but it does produce a grassy, while wine like profile. Most of the best beers use a blend.
Simcoe and Eukuanot are my ones to avoid.

Reaction Score

I’m with you on that take. Simcoe and Amarillo are better as bittering hops, not as featured or single-hop beers. The great thing about Marlowe’s Asking Kindly IPAs and Eager to Share pale ales is that they are brewed with that winning combination of Citra + Mosaic. The featured single hop is basically a late addition in the kettle, not in the dry hop. As @Dove mentioned, you really get the nice earthy, pine characteristics of Simcoe in this one without having your palate overwhelmed.

Reaction Score
Simcoe and Eukuanot are my ones to avoid.
I seem to like everything! But when Idaho 7 or Rakau are front and center, I tend to not enjoy. I am in love with Southern Passion, Cashmere and Motueka as complimentary hops and Riwaka as a stand-alone.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I seem to like everything! But when Idaho 7 or Rakau are front and center, I tend to not enjoy. I am in love with Southern Passion, Cashmere and Motueka as complimentary hops and Riwaka as a stand-alone.
Oh man, I love Idaho 7 and Rakau. That Fog with Idaho 7 is my 2nd fave Fog

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
For those wondering why some of these beers are expensive. We just got a gift certificate to Treehouse for watching my wife's cousin's four kids for four days. Should come in handy.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Wife went to a funeral in Cheshire on Monday. Kinsmen brewery was near her hotel, so she stopped in. Had a DIPA she liked a lot and got me my Father’s Day gift. Tried it today, pretty nice IPA. Well done.
A66935AD-58A2-41C6-8DE7-877199024960.jpeg

Reaction Score
Stopped by the Treehouse location in Sandwich, MA. It requires a reservation made online. Cool, breezy day but still what a neat spot to drink some great beers. This was Ten, their tenth anniversary beer.

View attachment 77043
I would love to get there over the summer. Looks like a fantastic spot with killer sunset views.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I would love to get there over the summer. Looks like a fantastic spot with killer sunset views.

It faces north, so I'm not sure about sunsets. But it is a nice spot. The reservation system means it's never very crowded, no lines for beer or anything else. Several food trucks around the outdoor picnic table area.

Reaction Score
It faces north, so I'm not sure about sunsets. But it is a nice spot. The reservation system means it's never very crowded, no lines for beer or anything else. Several food trucks around the outdoor picnic table area.
Thinking about going there over July 4th weekend. Friends of ours live in Mashpee so they want to take us to Naukabout. I'd rather go to Tree House but was wondering if the reservation system was going to be more difficult than it's worth. Can you get seats or is it too crowded? Maybe we'll just do Naukabout and go to Tree House in September when things calm down on the Cape.

Reaction Score
Went to several breweries in Connecticut when I was back there a couple weeks ago. Here are the breweries I've been to in CT. so far, I may be forgetting a couple but this is most of them. Ask any questions about them if you're interested...

Bad Dog
Bad Sons
New England Brewing Co.
12% Beer Project
No Worries
Counterweight Hamden
Hog River
New Park
Alvarium
Coles Road
Kent Falls
Housatonic Brewing
Norbrook
Little Red Barn
Legitimus
Brass Works
Relic
Firefly Hollow
Back East
Hooker
OEC Brewing (Ordinem Ecentrici Coctores)
Reverie
Black Hog
Witchdoctor
Five Churches
Counterweight Cheshire
Kinsmen
Dockside
Two Roads
Area 2
Tribus

Online statistics

Members online