So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Hey everybody, what about Natty lite? We've got 138 pages and nobody has gushed over it. Am I missing something?

I love Natty Lite still. Also enjoy Keystone’s bottle beer taste in a can.

Reaction Score
Not a beer suggestion but more of a beer question. Heading up with the wife and kids to the White Mountains in NH in a few weeks. Looks like a bunch of breweries within a short drive of where we are staying in Whitefield. Can any of you suggest a good brewery around there that had good beer/food and is family friendly?

Quick search shows Copper Pig, Schilling, Rek-Lis, One Love, Saint J and Next Trick all within a short driving distance.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Not a beer suggestion but more of a beer question. Heading up with the wife and kids to the White Mountains in NH in a few weeks. Looks like a bunch of breweries within a short drive of where we are staying in Whitefield. Can any of you suggest a good brewery around there that had good beer/food and is family friendly?

Quick search shows Copper Pig, Schilling, Rek-Lis, One Love, Saint J and Next Trick all within a short driving distance.

Is Woodstock Inn close? It's not great beer, just decent, but it's a very family friendly restaurant. Rek-Lis looks like your best bet food wise from your list, but I have never had the beer.

Reaction Score
Starting to see some Hazy NE IPA's in stores in No VA. Two Roads(CT) Too Juicy, Long Trails VT IPA, Sam Adams NE Style IPA, New Belgium (CO/NC) has one, Victory (PA) has one. Couple others I can't recall. Long Trails I thought was very good.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

My wife and I were in NH last summer. One Love has great food and the beer was solid. I had a summer bock that was so good.

The Woodstock Inn had beer that was better on tap than from the cans I brought home. Food was really good.

If you see cans in a store Moat Mountain is very good )out of North Conway area.

Reaction Score

Schilling is great and definitely worth the visit. They also have a "Resilience" brand that falls under their brewery (like Jack's Abbey/Springdale). The brewery is located on a bubbling river next to a covered bridge. They offer pretty good pizzas for eats and make killer beer in pretty much every style (lagers, belgians, IPAs, sours, stouts, etc.).

I've only had Reklis and Copper Pig at festivals (haven't been to the breweries), but both were fine if not exceptional. Can't speak to the breweries over the border in VT.

You could consider a stop at Kettlehead on your way up/back in Tilton. Great spot for food and beer. About an hour away on the way if you take 93 (not on the way if you take 91). If taking 91, you could stop at the River Roost/Big Fatty's combo in White River Junction.

I'd also suggest taking the chance to hit Hill Farmstead in Greensboro, VT. You'll be a little over an hour away and it is widely considered the best beer in the world.

Reaction Score
Schilling is great and definitely worth the visit. They also have a "Resilience" brand that falls under their brewery (like Jack's Abbey/Springdale). The brewery is located on a bubbling river next to a covered bridge. They offer pretty good pizzas for eats and make killer beer in pretty much every style (lagers, belgians, IPAs, sours, stouts, etc.).

I've only had Reklis and Copper Pig at festivals (haven't been to the breweries), but both were fine if not exceptional. Can't speak to the breweries over the border in VT.

You could consider a stop at Kettlehead on your way up/back in Tilton. Great spot for food and beer. About an hour away on the way if you take 93 (not on the way if you take 91). If taking 91, you could stop at the River Roost/Big Fatty's combo in White River Junction.

I'd also suggest taking the chance to hit Hill Farmstead in Greensboro, VT. You'll be a little over an hour away and it is widely considered the best beer in the world.

I would second the Kettlehead suggestion as well, just stopped there last weekend on a visit to the parents. Nice place and good beer, I was particularly fond of the MI6.

Reaction Score
Starting to see some Hazy NE IPA's in stores in No VA. Two Roads(CT) Too Juicy, Long Trails VT IPA, Sam Adams NE Style IPA, New Belgium (CO/NC) has one, Victory (PA) has one. Couple others I can't recall. Long Trails I thought was very good.

Agree, Long Tail VT IPA is pretty good, I also like Sierra Nevada's Hazy Little Thing.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I had the Interboro Double Dry Hopped Premiere IPA yesterday. Excellent.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Agree, Long Tail VT IPA is pretty good, I also like Sierra Nevada's Hazy Little Thing.
Oh man, that Hazy Little Thing is a phenomenal 12oz juice bomb.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Headed to Treehouse again on Tuesday! Right now they have a bunch of stouts available, but I'm hoping they mix in a few more IPAs in the next few days.

Reaction Score

Yes.....with all the $10+ four-packs of kingers for local brews, I like the VT IPA @ $13/$14 for 12. Very solid beer. And the price helps. Easy to find here in CT.

Reaction Score
UConn Grad living in Grand Rapids MI (Beer City USA)
If you get the chance grab a Dragons Milk, New Holland Brewing. If you are real lucky try a triple mash Dragons Milk.

Reaction Score
Was worried when this thread wasn't on first page or even second one- when beer becomes a non-priority, you have to wonder about what's really important in life.
Anyone try Brick & Feather beer in Turner Falls, Mass? I was at a Greenfield MA bar (Seymour's) and both bartender and several patrons said it was the best, up there with Treehouse. Beer Advocate really likes them too.
I will try to get some and see, one especially recommended was In Absentia IPA at 7.2%.

Reaction Score
The Travelers Championship had nothing... Had to go with a Goose Island IPA and Mich Ultra...

Anyone else looking forward to the Bushnell Beer Garden this summer in Hartford? Starts this Friday with Hanging Hills and Hog River.

Reaction Score
Two Roads. Road 2 Ruin double IPA. Perfect beer for enjoying the second half of a UConn football game.

Reaction Score
I like it fine. But is it better than say, Headway?

I think there's a nostalgia factor there for me with it because I had it Florida years ago, loved it, and was shocked when I saw it on the shelf a couple weeks ago. I think it's right up there with Headway which is a steal for under $10 for a 4 Pack. I've just had a lot of it lately. I think Jai Alai is excellent, especially for it's cost ($10 for a 6 pack). Easy for me to throw in the rotation. I've grown a little tired of paying $16+ for 4 packs.

Reaction Score
I think there's a nostalgia factor there for me with it because I had it Florida years ago, loved it, and was shocked when I saw it on the shelf a couple weeks ago. I think it's right up there with Headway which is a steal for under $10 for a 4 Pack. I've just had a lot of it lately. I think Jai Alai is excellent, especially for it's cost ($10 for a 6 pack). Easy for me to throw in the rotation. I've grown a little tired of paying $16+ for 4 packs.
But isn't Jai Alai in 12 oz. cans and the $16 4 packs you're talking about in 16 oz. cans? .21 an ounce compared to .25 an ounce. Close enough.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
But isn't Jai Alai in 12 oz. cans and the $16 4 packs you're talking about in 16 oz. cans? .21 an ounce compared to .25 an ounce. Close enough.
I sometimes want to just drink a couple of beers, halfway into the second kinger of double IPA I'm kind of over it. I also find the Sam NE IPA to be a good value 4 pack.

Reaction Score

Jai Alai is $10 for 72 oz. Some of the Kent Falls for example are $16 for 64 ounces. So it’s about 14 cents an ounce compared to 25 cents. Not double? But close. There’s a lot of excellent lower cost options out there now (Like Headway/Jai Alai) that I’m really just not interested in paying that premium anymore because I don’t think it’s warranted quality wise.

I do live in West Hartford so I do try to support New Park Brewing by buying growlers although I don’t think they need my help. They’re killing it. Highly recommend paying a visit there if you haven’t.

Reaction Score
Jai Alai is $10 for 72 oz. Some of the Kent Falls for example are $16 for 64 ounces. So it’s about 14 cents an ounce compared to 25 cents. Not double? But close. There’s a lot of excellent lower cost options out there now (Like Headway/Jai Alai) that I’m really just not interested in paying that premium anymore because I don’t think it’s warranted quality wise.

I do live in West Hartford so I do try to support New Park Brewing by buying growlers although I don’t think they need my help. They’re killing it. Highly recommend paying a visit there if you haven’t.
O.K. 6 pack. My reading comprehension skills stink! :)

Reaction Score
Had Jai Alai on tap at Black Eyed Sally’s a couple of weeks ago. Was super excited to try it as it’s a legendary IPA from pre-NEIPA days. Unfortunately I was disappointed. Tasted as if the beer was well past it’s prime. Will look for it in a six pack and check the date stamp because it’s worth a second chance - I expected so much more from this brew.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom