BE Bubble Update (3/15/24) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

BE Bubble Update (3/15/24)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Tomorrow night is gonna be mayhem with all these bids being stolen, alot of coaches gonna be on the rampage about being left out

It will be really interesting to see how the Committee treats the NET and the Big 12 and MWC gaming of it. If the NET has any more than a marginal weighting, than the NCAA Selection Committee is saying that lighting up low majors is the most important factor in getting a bid.

Reaction Score
Wow, feel really bad for our 3 bubblers. Each did some great things this year in a tough tough league.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

The Big 12 is marginally better than the Big East in records among the majors, yet the Big 12 is going to get 9 bids to the Big East's 3 bids. That is ridiculous, and makes a joke out of the entire selection process if it happens that way. And if you are going to give the Big 12 9 bids, then you have to give the MWC 6 bids.

Reaction Score
Why is everyone assuming St John's is out? Lunardi and his ilk are frequently wrong. Is there nobody else besides St John's that can lose their bid? Not that I really care, screw Pitino and the guy in the red coat, let them enjoy the NIT.

Pitino with a NYC team = Tuesday night ratings. Hard to imagine they would get bumped.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
PC and Seton Hall are out. Feel bad for Holloway. He's done a great job. I agree it will be UConn, Marquette and Creighton, and St. John's will be in the play-in.

Reaction Score

The Big 12 is marginally better than the Big East in records among the majors, yet the Big 12 is going to get 9 bids to the Big East's 3 bids. That is ridiculous, and makes a joke out of the entire selection process if it happens that way. And if you are going to give the Big 12 9 bids, then you have to give the MWC 6 bids.
I think a couple of those Big 12 bids are in jeopardy. TCU, Oklahoma, Texas, at least one of them has to be bumped. Prob Oklahoma, and SJU still might get in. The debate between SJU vs Oklahoma will be interesting.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Why is everyone assuming St John's is out? Lunardi and his ilk are frequently wrong. Is there nobody else besides St John's that can lose their bid? Not that I really care, screw Pitino and the guy in the red coat, let them enjoy the NIT.

Pitino with a NYC team = Tuesday night ratings. Hard to imagine they would get bumped.
Two of SJU, Oklahoma and Colorado seem most likely to be bounced. Less likely MSU is bounced, but I suppose it's possible.

I would definitely dump Oklahoma. After that it gets really interesting on how to choose the other.

Reaction Score
This is the best resource for the bubble because it contains all the metrics that are included on the teamsheet and their averages. Plus BracketMatrix projections and the quads. Colorado is percevied as autobid so they're not included here, but they're the missing 11 if you're looking for it (alongside Princeton and Drake also autos). Note again for people mentioning it, a team's own NET rating is meaningless. And at the cut line a team's resume metrics are more important. Check the supporting evidence if you don't believe me.

bubble.png

I've sorted it by resume blend, which has been proven to be the most predictive of bubble selection/inclusion in years past. Quality aka predictive or power ratings do matter, but just not quite as much. Unfortunately KPI is an influential metric for the bubble, and it's relatively down on the Big East this season.
Whenever I see Michigan State at #25 it makes me question why the NET has validity.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score

Sad Anthony Anderson GIF

Reaction Score

That's what I been thinking. How is Michigan State a tournament resume and not St. John's, Seton Hall, or even Providence?

Michigan Stated does not deserve their name to be called tomorrow. Makes no sense

Reaction Score
Seton Hall smoked UConn by 15, had a few other good wins, no clue why they wouldn't get an invite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom