BC Football Opponent Preview: UConn | The Boneyard

BC Football Opponent Preview: UConn

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Actually... it's fun to read how wrong they were. Hey...I don't blame them...we had no idea how much of an influence Mora would be.

But...wow they were wrong....lol.

Here’s all you need to know about UConn: They are terrible. They will continue to be terrible until they axe their program and stop wasting my tax dollars to give guys like Jim Mora one last chance to add to their retirement fund. Boston College will win this game, and Phil Jurkovec will probably play two quarters before getting some rest for the short week leading up to Duke. Be sure to bring your own entertainment with you if you are unfortunate enough to find yourself at PAWS ARF in East Hartford this season, because you will not find any on the football field.

Reaction Score
I couldn't get through it all. A little bothered by what little I read. Even though we beat them last year, it's like we don't get the respect I think we deserve.

Beautiful karma. That program (fanbase?) needs a major dose of humility.

Of all fanbases, they have the least right to be drippingly condescending. Serves'em right.

Reaction Score
I think I've said this before, but have to wonder if the ACC board of directors or trustees, whoever is in charge, sit there and wonder, why did we buy into BC's line of crap to keep UConn out? "New England's Team" my hole...

Reaction Score
I think I've said this before, but have to wonder if the ACC board of directors or trustees, whoever is in charge, sit there and wonder, why did we buy into BC's line of crap to keep UConn out? "New England's Team" my hole...
They were in 1980s. Flutie left though.

Reaction Score
Solutions often work best in "3s". But in this case, the ACC and notably BCU needed a 4th team to solidify the Northeast. It would have a created a northeast foothold for the ACC, created natural rivals for Pitt, BC and Cuse, and a 4th travel partner.

Truth is BC has never had great rivals other than UConn. Neither Pitt or Cuse ever established strong rivalries with them.

I have always felt to the ACC made a huge mistake "not" inviting UConn. And the team that was hurt worst was BC.

I don't wish any team or it's players ill will...but watching them and Cuse writhe during this realignment period does bring a smile to my face.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Oops. My bad.
There's always somebody posting dated stuff. I kissed that one.
The Sandlot Kiss GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Oops. My bad.
Not at all. That was best thing I have read all year. Everyone should remember this article if they ever begin to feel a twinge of sympathy for BCU. BCU tried to kill UConn sports. Instead, they shot themselves. I thought it would longer into the future when we would have better football and hockey than BCU. But the time is now!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I love this mini movie.

I forgot that we had upheld the time honored tradition of scheduling a stiff on Homecoming.

ADD: Mike Crispino does a nice job

Last edited:

huskidork

bailey
Reaction Score
Yeah I've seen alot of previews have us losing to Boston Community College, that roster who we hammered last year is even worse this season, that's a team that I don't think on paper wins a single game in conference, honestly think we do what we should've last year and beat them by 20+ haha.

Reaction Score
BC has horrendous management. The President has forced all of their alums out starting with Jim O’Brien (hoops), Gladchuk (AD) and now Gambino (baseball). He said that athletics were a distraction to the mission of the university and that he preferred the intramural model. The only reason that they got into the ACC was because of their location.

I expect that we will have 20k Husky fans at the game this year. It should feel like a home game for us. I really don’t see BC being able to hang with us in this game. 31-13 UConn

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
BC has horrendous management. The President has forced all of their alums out starting with Jim O’Brien (hoops), Gladchuk (AD) and now Gambino (baseball). He said that athletics were a distraction to the mission of the university and that he preferred the intramural model. The only reason that they got into the ACC was because of their location.

I expect that we will have 20k Husky fans at the game this year. It should feel like a home game for us. I really don’t see BC being able to hang with us in this game. 31-13 UConn
Yes! I hate BC but it would be better for UCONN (and all East Coast football) if they had a decent athletics program. Great rivals make sports: Michigan/Ohio State, Duke/UNC, etc.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Yes! I hate BC but it would be better for UCONN (and all East Coast football) if they had a decent athletics program. Great rivals make sports: Michigan/Ohio State, Duke/UNC, etc.
I get the sentiment...but UConn isn't good enough yet to want local rivals to be good. UConn is fighting for northeast recruits...a weak BC makes that easier.

If UConn is pushing toward the top 25...sure...bring it on. Until then...I hope they struggle....lol.

Reaction Score

Wait. The person who runs a major division 1 university talked as if they want to be a mid level division 3 school and they didn't run him out on a rail?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Actually... it's fun to read how wrong they were. Hey...I don't blame them...we had no idea how much of an influence Mora would be.

But...wow they were wrong....lol.

Here’s all you need to know about UConn: They are terrible. They will continue to be terrible until they axe their program and stop wasting my tax dollars to give guys like Jim Mora one last chance to add to their retirement fund. Boston College will win this game, and Phil Jurkovec will probably play two quarters before getting some rest for the short week leading up to Duke. Be sure to bring your own entertainment with you if you are unfortunate enough to find yourself at PAWS ARF in East Hartford this season, because you will not find any on the football field.
I thought that game was pretty entertaining.

Reaction Score

The only reason they got into the ACC was Miami made it a condition of them joining. They snuck into the ACC hidden in Miami's butt.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom