Votes: 29 72.5%
  • Notre Dame

Votes: 11 27.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Whelp. Good job Baylor. Very deserving champions.

Jackson was excellent and made tons of clutch shots.

Couldn't get stops or make enough free throws down the stretch. That's what it takes to win championships.

But very proud of Notre Dame. They made one hell of a title defense.

This year, like last year, the title game came down to which team made one play more. This year it was Baylor.

It stings but ND probably doesn't have a chance at the end if not for Baylor's horrendous misfortune in the shape of Cox's injury.

So all in all the right team won.

Now I must retire to my fainting couch.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
This a serious inquiry and am just wondering...
There seems to be a few posters here that are actually fans of other teams. So, why are you here and not on your team's board? Or are you posting there too?
Thanks.

this is the general board... created for non-uconn fans to hang out without disturbing the peace. Thanks.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
There seems to be a few posters here that are actually fans of other teams. So, why are you here and not on your team's board? Or are you posting there too?
Thanks.

Many other teams have pretty much nothing in the way of a message board devoted to women's bb.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I think that's unnecessary. I'm just glad to see the wealth spread - if it's not Uconn every year, best to have many other teams share in the glory. Arike already had one, now it's Cox, Brown, and Jackson's turn.
Which part is unnecessary?

I'm not even speaking as a UConn fan. I'm speaking as someone who opposes her and Muffet's abject classlessness. If I were at one time a Notre Dame fan, I would have stopped being one last December 3.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Notre Dame shot 15 FTs in the second half to Baylor's ZERO! How can you possibly call that well reffed?

IMO another example of why the NCAA needs to adopt the NBA flopping rules. If it's detected during a game a "T" should be assessed. That insanity needs to stop. Some teams seen to "teach" it.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame shot 15 FTs in the second half to Baylor's ZERO! How can you possibly call that well reffed?
I agree that the calls were lopsided, but I can't really single out any blatant calls that were missed. Notre Dame drives to the basket trying to draw fouls while Baylor scored on jumpers & layups.

Reaction Score
this is the general board... created for non-uconn fans to hang out without disturbing the peace. Thanks.
I understand that but don't other team's forums offer similar opportunities? I have no problem with the posting, I just wondered why here instead of there.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
IMO another example of why the NCAA needs to adopt the NBA flopping rules. If it's detected during a game a "T" should be assessed. That insanity needs to stop. Some teams seen to "teach" it.

There's the issue w/ the flopping being rewarded. I find the most concerning part that Baylor couldn't get a trip to the charity stripe to save their life for 20 minutes of game time. That's virtually impossible, yet it just happened.

Reaction Score
Don't teams practice missing FT's? :confused:
The trick is making sure the ball hits the rim. Arike tried hitting the front of the rim, but the ball skimmed the rim & went into the basket.

Reaction Score
Thanks.
I post on the BY because I like the WBB knowledge of the BY posters. No other message board, especially women basketball boards, have the quality posters that exist on the BY. To me the BY welcomes posters from WBB fans so long as they post respectfully. No other board has the WBB fan participation from non home team fans. That is what makes the BY unique and IMHO the BEST!

Reaction Score
Thanks.
We have a WBB board for A&M and I post there but there are more active discussions here of things involving WBB in general. Even when I was just a lurker for years, I liked seeing the perspectives of people who follow other teams more closely.

I went from lurker to poster when Howard and Williams were being discussed as possible transfers to UConn.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
They have a chance to win it again next year
That was said about ND after last season. It's hard to win two years in a row unless your initials are GA. This takes the disappointment out of UConn's loss Friday for me. I don't see how UConn would have beaten Baylor. They were just too tall, strong, and athletic. They were as good as they were because of both Brown and Cox. You saw what happened when one of them was not playing. Next season they may be good but not championship good.

Plebe

Reaction Score
But very proud of Notre Dame. They made one hell of a title defense.
I don't agree, actually. Not to pile on, but I can't let this balloon go un-popped..

Given they were the defending champs and who all they had coming back, Notre Dame should have been one of the most dominant teams in history. I'm not kidding. On paper they had every reason to aspire to be among the most dominant teams of all time, along with Texas 1986, Tennessee 1997, and UConn 2002, 2009-10 and 2014-16.

But they couldn't do it. They were humiliated on their home floor by UConn in a game that featured some of the worst sportsmanship I've ever seen from an elite team. Then they laid two more stinky eggs throughout the season. They collapsed under the weight of being the favorite. Which is just one of many reasons why Muffet will never be Geno's equal.

Plebe

Reaction Score
How does it feel to have never done something you later regretted in college?
Who said they regret it? They "apologized" in a classic non-apology that was clearly compelled by their superiors.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom