Baylor loses, but likely means nothing, | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Baylor loses, but likely means nothing,

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
@Plebe do you have quick reference to previous seasons for teams with similar win-loss records vs Top 25 and Top 50 (Q1) as this year's UConn team?

I acknowledge performance of top teams will differ from year to year and seeding is based on performance relative to the other teams but I am interested to see what those similar team's seeding were? I am going to assume not a No. 1 seed and unlikely to be a No. 2 seed.
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, but I was giving this some thought. I don't have any quick reference on this. It would really require taking a deep dive into the old team sheets, which isn't really quick. I'll see what I can come up with over the next few days.

Reaction Score
I see a potential shift in Portland. If Stanford loses twice in a week, although both to the big O, can they stay on the 2 line. If they and UCLA fall off, can they be replaced by NC State and Gonzaga. If that's possible, Gonzaga gets the 2 in Portland, NC State in Greenville (DARND!) and UConn in Ft. Wayne. and If I'm right I want ESPN to pay me Charlie's money!
Everyone is looking for a way in which UCONN can get placed in Md’s bracket. Don’t blame them I suppose.

Reaction Score
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, but I was giving this some thought. I don't have any quick reference on this. It would really require taking a deep dive into the old team sheets, which isn't really quick. I'll see what I can come up with over the next few days.

That's why they invented spreadsheets ;). I specifically mentioned quick reference, as it is not that important.

Has anyone discussed what happens in the scenario Baylor loses during the conference tourney? Are they still a 1 seed?

If yes, the irony of that being due to Louisville also losing in their conference tourney would be too much (some would say even a conspiracy).

If no, where do Baylor, UConn, Stanford and NC State/UCLA go then?

Reaction Score
That's why they invented spreadsheets ;). I specifically mentioned quick reference, as it is not that important.

Has anyone discussed what happens in the scenario Baylor loses during the conference tourney? Are they still a 1 seed?

If yes, the irony of that being due to Louisville also losing in their conference tourney would be too much (some would say even a conspiracy).

If no, where do Baylor, UConn, Stanford and NC State/UCLA go then?
Who would they drop behind? They would have three losses just like us. Maybe Maryland moves up a spot, but UConn will always be behind Baylor because Baylor won the head to head.

Reaction Score
Who would they drop behind? They would have three losses just like us. Maybe Maryland moves up a spot, but UConn will always be behind Baylor because Baylor won the head to head.

They would have to drop below both Maryland and Louisville. I agree they will still be ahead of UConn, as per the order in which I listed them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom