Baylor’s Juicy Landrum! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Baylor’s Juicy Landrum!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Congrats to Juicy. Obviously she was in a zone today. When a zone comes upon you, I've been told (by several players that have experienced being in a one) that you don't hear any crowd noise. It's like you're in a vacuum. You don't know or care who's guarding you, and the basket looks the size of a "hula hoop". It's a weird feeling you have. The ball feels different that day. You have the feeling (confidence) that you can't miss, and that anything and everything you put up will go in.

Mulder

In Search of One Objective Poster
Reaction Score
I didn't realize Bickle was out. What's her prognosis?

Sound like she'll be on the shelf for a while.
________________________________________________-

'There is still no timetable for senior Lauren Cox's return from a stress reaction in her right foot. Sophomore Caitlin Bickle had surgery after sustaining a knee injury in the previous game against Georgia on Dec. 4. While Bickle hasn't been ruled out for the season, there is no timetable for a return.'

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I wonder how many 3's Lou would have ended up with against USF when she was taken out with over 2 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter. She only went 10 for 10 and had more than 10 more minutes to play before she had as many minutes as Juicy.:cool::cool:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Two final scores from today's action. I'll give the award to Maryland for the 73 point win over Georgia State. Baylor almost tied Maryland but just came up short with a 68 point win. Baylor took 33 shots from the arc on 15 made 3's. Maybe Baylor wanted to send a message to Arkansas. :rolleyes: Kim must of known of the 3 point record, otherwise Juicy would not have played 33 minutes.

View attachment 49246

For informational purposes only -
Arkansas State is ranked #266 by Massey.
Georgia State is ranked 307 by Massey. Both of these programs are ranked in the BOTTOM 4th in Division 1 WCBB. You can draw your own conclusions as to the quality of opponents these two top ranked programs choose to schedule to prepare for conference play, and the reasoning behind it. :confused:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hope Juicy can hit 30% of those in the game on January, 09.

Why did Moon begin the game playing the post?
Was she put in a position to fail?
It was because Arkansas State had smaller guards and she didn’t want queen to guard one of the smaller guards

Reaction Score
Sound like she'll be on the shelf for a while.
________________________________________________-

'There is still no timetable for senior Lauren Cox's return from a stress reaction in her right foot. Sophomore Caitlin Bickle had surgery after sustaining a knee injury in the previous game against Georgia on Dec. 4. While Bickle hasn't been ruled out for the season, there is no timetable for a return.'
I would say we should redshirt bickle

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

Bummer for Bickle, she looked good this year IMO.

And congrats to Landrum. Heck of an accomplishment. I always wondered why she didnt pull the trigger more often, shes a heck of a shooter. I'm also not bothered by it happening in a blowout game, a lot of these records are set when the game is out of reach. Geno has pulled players in the past who had chances for records but also is famous for setting up the controversial layup for Nykesha Sales so it goes both ways. Pat also left players in the game long after the game was over to try and break records. Whether it seems ethical or not, it happens, and shouldnt detract from the individual who set the record. Congrats Juicy.

Mulder

Reaction Score

That would be a good idea. Last thing we'd want to do is rush her back.
I enjoy her game. All the best to her.
bickle.jpg

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

And congrats to Landrum. Heck of an accomplishment. I always wondered why she didnt pull the trigger more often, shes a heck of a shooter. I'm also not bothered by it happening in a blowout game, a lot of these records are set when the game is out of reach. Geno has pulled players in the past who had chances for records but also is famous for setting up the controversial layup for Nykesha Sales so it goes both ways. Pat also left players in the game long after the game was over to try and break records. Whether it seems ethical or not, it happens, and shouldnt detract from the individual who set the record. Congrats Juicy.

Really. Only controversial to those who don't get UConn or Geno. Head bang

And for the record, I have no issues with Juicy earning the record. Let the other team run her off the line.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Really. Only controversial to those who don't get UConn or Geno. Head bang

And for the record, I have no issues with Juicy earning the record. Let the other team run her off the line.
It's literally labeled as, "UConn scoring record controversy" on Nykesha's wikipedia page. At any rate, i was trying to show that many programs wont hesitate to go out of their way to help players achieve records.

Reaction Score
It's literally labeled as, "UConn scoring record controversy" on Nykesha's wikipedia page. At any rate, i was trying to show that many programs wont hesitate to go out of their way to help players achieve records.

Right. But then again it's something for a player to remember as they get older. The other day Ionescu was kept in a blowout to get another TD. I doubt her record will will even be approached since 2nd place is so far below her, but her TD's are news, like Paris' DD streak. Things like that take on a life of their own.

Reaction Score

The two situations are entirely different. The Sales decision was not at the expense of the other team.

Mulder

Reaction Score
The two situations are entirely different. The Sales decision was not at the expense of the other team.
If we're on the same page.
Didn't the other team/coach sign off on the basket made by Nykesha Sales?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom