OT: - Baseball is screwed! | Page 9 | The Boneyard

OT: Baseball is screwed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Truly baffled how anyone, regardless of prior political affiliation, can have that opinion. I know plenty that do, unfortunately some that are very close to me, and it just literally confuses me to no end.

He also said the only way to not BECOME completely embarrassing as a country is to stand pat. Whewwww.

Not starting here but let’s go to the guy who won’t remember his name the day after and to those who will pull the strings who care more about ice cream than our country. Again regardless of prior political affiliation it is baffling we would even think to put this moron in office. Wow people are lost!!

I mean I get everyone has a vote and opinion. It’s too bad we really haven’t had a solid candidate in many many years kind of strange. FYI I have no political affiliation. Overall sad state of affairs for our country in so many ways.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Truly baffled how anyone, regardless of prior political affiliation, can have that opinion. I know plenty that do, unfortunately some that are very close to me, and it just literally confuses me to no end.

He also said the only way to not BECOME completely embarrassing as a country is to stand pat. Whewwww.
Mau isn't exactly a thinker.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Yankees should just play 3 vs the Orioles in the Bronx, would make sense travel wise as the Orioles just played 3 games in Fenway.
That’s about to happen. But baseball scheduling isn’t meant to be like musical chairs.

Reaction Score
Mau isn't exactly a thinker.

What’s crazy is you think you are? You are, the furthest thing from it SJ. Sorry you disagree shows you’re not a good person at all. I feel different so I’m not a thinker? Ok wow then to me you’re a total jerk for not thinking the same as me right? Make some sense dude. For once

Reaction Score
Getting back to the baseball season, or whatever you want to call this year. I would hate to be the GMs of the teams that get affected by the virus. Yes, you have a 40 man roster and 30 guys at basically extended spring training that you can call on to replace the guys who are positive.

The hard part gets to be deciding who to bring up. Is the guy on the 40 man roster? If not, who do you drop off of the 40 man? How many options does the player have left before they have to go through waivers? Do I want my top young prospects, who may not be ready to play in the bigs, sent up, which starts their clock for arbitration and free agency? I don't know if MLB has changed these rules for this year or not.

MLB is also going to need a massive spreadsheet to keep track of the ever changing schedule with the postponed games. And just think, this is the first week.

Reaction Score
Not starting here but let’s go to the guy who won’t remember his name the day after and to those who will pull the strings who care more about ice cream than our country. Again regardless of prior political affiliation it is baffling we would even think to put this moron in office. Wow people are lost!!

I mean I get everyone has a vote and opinion. It’s too bad we really haven’t had a solid candidate in many many years kind of strange. FYI I have no political affiliation. Overall sad state of affairs for our country in so many ways.
He won’t remember his name the day after what? The election? So is he going to remember his name all the days between now and the election, and then that day he won’t remember? Or he does he not remember each day now?

BTW you saying you have “no political affiliation“ and thinking we got it right in 2016 is the funniest thing you‘ve every posted in almost 30K posts, so kudos.

Reaction Score
Getting back to the baseball season, or whatever you want to call this year. I would hate to be the GMs of the teams that get affected by the virus. Yes, you have a 40 man roster and 30 guys at basically extended spring training that you can call on to replace the guys who are positive.

The hard part gets to be deciding who to bring up. Is the guy on the 40 man roster? If not, who do you drop off of the 40 man? How many options does the player have left before they have to go through waivers? Do I want my top young prospects, who may not be ready to play in the bigs, sent up, which starts their clock for arbitration and free agency? I don't know if MLB has changed these rules for this year or not.

MLB is also going to need a massive spreadsheet to keep track of the ever changing schedule with the postponed games. And just think, this is the first week.

Add to this they are already thinking of “winning percentage” as a way to figure out playoff teams as many may not get their 60 games in. Crazy year no matter how this one ends. Really hope a small salary team wins for once, why not?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Do they know why the Marlins players tested positive yet? There might be some underlying foolish and avoidable behavior

Furthermore, are they asymptomatic? What if they're all healthy in a few days and nobody else is critically ill because of them? What should be done then?

Seems like just another bump in the road to me, but we should know more soon enough. I'll be looking for facts to help mold my opinion. I'll never look to the press to tell me the truth, they're genetically incapable of doing that.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Yeah I saw the post I just have absolutely no idea what it means.

I think he's talking about Nancy Pelosi? Just an odd statement overall but I guess because people saw ice cream in her freezer once, and they made a big issue out of it, that means all she cares about is ice cream over country?

It's confusing, but then again I don't let Fox News tell me what fake things to be in an uproar about in order to hide the President's insanity, so I guess that makes it a bit more difficult to decipher when I haven't heard that talking point already this morning.

Reaction Score
Sweden had the correct approach. They have reached herd immunity, as evidenced by fast dwindling case and death numbers.

Reaction Score
Sweden had the correct approach. They have reached herd immunity, as evidenced by fast dwindling case and death numbers.

Not sure if you are joking. Sweden has become the global model of how NOT to handle this virus. They killed a magnitude more people than their direct neighbors who have equally low new cases and new deaths. The estimates say that about 10% of the Swedish population have antibodies. Not anywhere close to the 60-70% needed for herd immunity. It now appears that achieving herd immunity with this virus is at the very least not likely if not feasible altogether. To top it off, Sweden has not seen any economic advantage to keeping things relatively open.

Reaction Score
Not sure if you are joking. Sweden has become the global model of how NOT to handle this virus. They killed a magnitude more people than their direct neighbors who have equally low new cases and new deaths. The estimates say that about 10% of the Swedish population have antibodies. Not anywhere close to the 60-70% needed for herd immunity. It now appears that achieving herd immunity with this virus is at the very least not likely if not feasible altogether. To top it off, Sweden has not seen any economic advantage to keeping things relatively open.
You have no clue how many people in Sweden have antibodies.

Sweden's economy has held up better than anyone.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Sweden has the correct approach to health care and taxes

Reaction Score
You have no clue how many people in Sweden have antibodies.

Sweden's economy has held up better than anyone.

As to part one of your answer, its the numbers reported by Sweden themselves. They probably have a better idea than either of us.

As to the second part of your answer, I believe you're just factually wrong. Saw info I believe in The Economist and two other articles. Their economy did not perform demonstrably better than their neighbors.

Sweden has been an interesting and useful data point. I believe their medical community other than those who own the decision to take no precautionary measures, are admitting it was the wrong approach. Maybe it was worth a try but it didn't work. More sickness. More death. No herd immunity. No economic benefit.

Reaction Score

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom