Bad loss | The Boneyard

Bad loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There is just no other way to say it. We play down to our competition and showed very little energy. We lost most of the 50/50 balls. Just plain disappointing...

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Yep. No two ways about it. Except for Miller, bad in just about every way imaginable, including the coaching. Very troubling on a number of levels.

Reaction Score
This is a game they have to have, against a team that isn't very good. Their performance is baffling. And they better get their together soon or they'll be in real trouble.

Reaction Score
I could stomach losing this game on the road but at home? That use to be unheard of during the Calhoun era...

Reaction Score
I could stomach losing this game on the road but at home? That use to be unheard of during the Calhoun era...

I'm as upset about this loss as anybody but the revisionist history of Calhoun's tenure has gotten a little crazy here. For a long time we went through a streak of missing the tournament every 4th year under him, and during his last three years we went 24-30 in Big East play. There were plenty of bad, wtf losses under him.

With that said, he almost never put together back to back disappointing seasons, which Ollie is dangerously close to right now, although granted it is still early obviously.

Reaction Score
There is just no other way to say it. We play down to our competition and showed very little energy. We lost most of the 50/50 balls. Just plain disappointing...
Agree, good coaches will have teams respond to a loss and blowout Memphis Saturday. I bet Ollie is a good coach despite what he showed tonight.

Reaction Score
I'm as upset about this loss as anybody but the revisionist history of Calhoun's tenure has gotten a little crazy here. For a long time we went through a streak of missing the tournament every 4th year under him, and during his last three years we went 24-30 in Big East play. There were plenty of bad, wtf losses under him.

With that said, he almost never put together back to back disappointing seasons, which Ollie is dangerously close to right now, although granted it is still early obviously.

I agree primarily with what your saying but do you remember home losses against .500 teams with a weak offense?

Reaction Score
I did not watch the game yet. Could not beleive when I checked the score that we lost. Seriously, how can we lose to a blah Temple team at home. Folks want to knock the AAC being a bad basketball conference, maybe we're a bad basketball team since we haven't been all that great while in it.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Agree, good coaches will have teams respond to a loss and blowout Memphis Saturday. I bet Ollie is a good coach despite what he showed tonight.
I hope you are right. Memphis is way better than Temple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom