Bad "D" Strategy?? | The Boneyard

Bad "D" Strategy??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
IIRC, there were two possessions of the last three in regulation where there was no one protecting the paint/rim. The one with 15 seconds to resulted in an easy/uncontested layup whereby Creighton scored without losing any meaningful time off the clock.

The coaching staff has to re-examine those d sequences, big time. While this team seems to want to smother the ball/play tight man to man out at the key, they are leaving gapping spaces that teams exploit.

Just my two cents.

Reaction Score
Loss is on Hurley in my uneducated opinion, make them use some clock on the last few possessions instead of letting them drive unfettered to the hoop
I don't think Hurley told the team to let Zegarowski sprint past everyone twice. I have no idea why the whole team thought Creighton wouldn't push the pace trying to score the first time, but especially the second it's on the players to get back and play defense

Reaction Score
When Whaley fouled out, Hurley elected to go four guard. Too Early! Couldn’t get a rebound and could t defend the paint.
Agreed - up 4 points and less than 30 seconds you gotta protect the rim and if someone comes in for a layup you make sure you knock them into the front row and make them make 2 free throws after finding the tooth they lost.

Sanogo should have been in to do just that.

We're in the Big East again and need to start coaching like it.

Reaction Score
Sanogo is not a good rim protector. He was quite bad on D when he was in this game. Often out of position.

Reaction Score
Sanogo is not a good rim protector. He was quite bad on D when he was in this game. Often out of position.
Agreed in terms of his in-flow defense but this is a special defensive assignment so he could've handled it. If you want it to be Martin instead of Sanogo I could go with that, but either way bad coaching strategy.

Reaction Score
IIRC, there were two possessions of the last three in regulation where there was no one protecting the paint/rim. The one with 15 seconds to resulted in an easy/uncontested layup whereby Creighton scored without losing any meaningful time off the clock.

The coaching staff has to re-examine those d sequences, big time. While this team seems to want to smother the ball/play tight man to man out at the key, they are leaving gapping spaces that teams exploit.

Just my two cents.
out coached but he'll learn. Calling for no fouls is normal but letting the dribble to the basket was awful. I say you got the lead playing basketball why change the last few seconds of a game? And the 5th foul on Whaley was bull look at the replay ! Coles should of passed to boaknight more often.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
What we could have done with Akok in the last 5 min of regulation after Whaley fouls out (that’s what she said ).......

just what we needed in the paint.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Loss is on Hurley in my uneducated opinion, make them use some clock on the last few possessions instead of letting them drive unfettered to the hoop
Keyword; uneducated.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't think Hurley told the team to let Zegarowski sprint past everyone twice. I have no idea why the whole team thought Creighton wouldn't push the pace trying to score the first time, but especially the second it's on the players to get back and play defense
"Stop ball" is pretty fundamental. It Creighton burns more clock on those we likely win in regulation.

It is what it is. With Akok and Polley and not coming off 17 day layoff, I have to think that we win comfortably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom