B12 and ACC on the clock! | Page 20 | The Boneyard

B12 and ACC on the clock!

Reaction Score
There will be no ACC, just the AAC, and it won't happen for a decade at least. More than those four will leave for the SEC, Big 12, or Big 10. The only ones left will be BC and Wake. If UConn can get to the Big 12 now, get on the lifeboat. How can anyone here possibly trust the ACC?
ESPN will only muck up our chances of getting into the B12 then leave us hanging. There is no BE/ACC merger. Don't be gaslit by these guys.

Reaction Score
That would be my main problem with going to the ACC, propping up those two losers.
Even if we are in B12, we can play Syracuse and BC each year in football and basketball. That assumes both keep teams
in both sports. They are traditional rivals for UConn.

Reaction Score
That would be my main problem with going to the ACC, propping up those two losers.
Oh, nonsense. Regional rivals. Better football than UConn for now, notwithstanding UConn's win over BC last year. For goodness sakes, how high and mighty we UConn fans have gotten.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Even if we are in B12, we can play Syracuse and BC each year in football and basketball. That assumes both keep teams
in both sports. They are traditional rivals for UConn.
Oh, nonsense. Regional rivals. Better football than UConn for now, notwithstanding UConn's win over BC last year. For goodness sakes, how high and mighty we UConn fans have gotten.

UConn as a Big12 team making more $$ playing those ACC teams makes the games and rivalries even more fun.

Reaction Score
FpwfIzwWcAES2M_.jpg:large

Reaction Score

Reaction Score

These shirts make no sense.

UConn fans are not "arrogant." UConn fans are justified in our superiority. Simply put, UConn fans are five national championships better than everyone else nipping at our heels.

Uconn fans are not "spoiled" either. UConn fans deserve every bit of the success we have enjoyed. Fans of schools like Syracuse, Providence, and B.C. deserve their hilarious mediocrity. Any success they achieve is "spoiling" them.

Thank you for attending my TED talk. But seriously, buy the shirts if you can.

Reaction Score
i just think we are dead in the water. i pray im wrong but .....

Reaction Score
The Acc is having trouble finding money to pay it's big guns, adding teams seems a big stretch for that group.

Reaction Score
Look, even if the B12 says no to UConn, which I don't think they will. and the ACC says no too, we still may be able to put football only in Pac 12 if it exists, and everything else in Big East. Not perfect solution but temporary one for a few years.

Reaction Score
I can’t disagree. I don’t understand the giddiness on the board. This isn’t our first rodeo. I hope I’m wrong but after all we have been through, call me a skeptic
Yeah .... We shall see. Predictions would be silly at this juncture.

Reaction Score
I just want something to happen soon because CR has always been a huge distraction. I need to get back to being a productive citizen. I am trying to have the right attitude about it whether we get an invite this year or not, because our toes are still tappin'

Reaction Score
If we are asked into the B12 and join, and the ACC says nothing to us about their conference, think about the reaction of the ACC members who will beg us to let them in in a few years as the ACC falls apart or merges with the remains of the Pac12. Boston College in particular. Revenge time?

Reaction Score
These shirts make no sense.

UConn fans are not "arrogant." UConn fans are justified in our superiority. Simply put, UConn fans are five national championships better than everyone else nipping at our heels.

Uconn fans are not "spoiled" either. UConn fans deserve every bit of the success we have enjoyed. Fans of schools like Syracuse, Providence, and B.C. deserve their hilarious mediocrity. Any success they achieve is "spoiling" them.

Thank you for attending my TED talk. But seriously, buy the shirts if you can.

@Durks07 , just a heads up that the shirts were made as a cheeky reference to comments made by then Providence Basketball coach Ed Cooley after UConn drubbed them at Gampel by 18 points. Cooley said them at the post game press conference last February.

Reaction Score
@Durks07 , just a heads up that the shirts were made as a cheeky reference to comments made by then Providence Basketball coach Ed Cooley after UConn drubbed them at Gampel by 18 points. Cooley said them at the post game press conference last February.

Oh, I know the story. I was just using the catchphrase to point put how truly great we all are. :cool:

Reaction Score
Friedlander: UConn to the ACC? It makes sense for everyone involved
Brett Friedlander | 2 months ago
BRETT FRIEDLANDER
Award-winning Saturday Road columnist Brett Friedlander started covering the ACC before anybody knew how to spell Krzyzewski.

If you can’t beat them, join them. Or in the case of the ACC, get them to join you.

It’s a simple solution to an image problem so complex, especially when it comes to basketball, that ACC commissioner Jim Phillips is planning to hold a meeting with his coaches and athletic directors to discuss ways of improving the league’s national perception.

If Phillips is truly interested in changing the narrative surrounding his basketball product, he and his leadership council should follow the playbook of former commissioner John Swofford, raid the Big East again and vote to invite UConn — 2023 national champion UConn — to become the ACC’s 16th member.

ASAP.

It’s a move that makes sense for everyone involved.

Phillips has made it clear that the ACC is intent on finding ways of regaining its claim as the top basketball conference in the country. UConn is just as anxious to raise its stature back to the top of the college sports food chain.

With the Huskies’ football program having made major strides by earning bowl eligibility in Mora’s 1st season, the time might finally be right for a marriage of convenience to be arranged.

Full article is here:

Reaction Score
If the ACC goes to a model that rewards extra money to the top performers, the top schools might want to expand because it would provide them a little more of that extra money. I could see the ACC adding two schools with that in mind.

This assumes ESPN was on board and increased total TV revenue proportionally for the two new schools.

UCONN and SMU would make the most sense for ACC expansion.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If the ACC goes to a model that rewards extra money to the top performers, the top schools might want to expand because it would provide them a little more of that extra money. I could see the ACC adding two schools with that in mind.

This assumes ESPN was on board and increased total TV revenue proportionally for the two new schools.
They're probably worried that we'd be the ones getting the extra dough. I'm sure Cuse and BC are while they drag the league down.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom