Azzi High School Player Of The Year | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Azzi High School Player Of The Year

Reaction Score
All I've heard from day one about Azzi was that she has more skills than Paige! My question to anyone was about her basketball IQ. Paige as we know is off the charts with her feel for the game. Someone who has seen Azzi play a lot confirmed to that her basketball acumen is Paige-like!! and they're besties...Makes for a combo that the women's game will not be able to handle.
Now for the question: Will Paige invoke the COVID19 rules and stay for a fifth year to ensure AZZI's 4th National Championship if it is intact at the end of AZZI's Junior Year??? We may be looking at the core of the 2024 Olympic US Womens Basketball team here, particularly if UCONN knocks off S. Carolina in the Finals over the next few years....

Reaction Score
It's going to be impossible for Azzi to live up to the hype. I think Paige ends up the better player anyway.
hoopsfan22, why is it going to be impossible for Azzi to live up to the hype? Do you know something everyone doesn't? How can you say she won't live up to the hype, and that Paige ends up the better player, without Azzi having played one college game? How about holding off on your predictions and wait to see both play. Have a feeling that both will be incredible.

Reaction Score
Now for the question: Will Paige invoke the COVID19 rules and stay for a fifth year to ensure AZZI's 4th National Championship if it is intact at the end of AZZI's Junior Year??? We may be looking at the core of the 2024 Olympic US Womens Basketball team here, particularly if UCONN knocks off S. Carolina in the Finals over the next few years....
We don't even know if Paige will stay for her fourth year since she should be eligible for the WNBA draft in another two years.

Reaction Score
From an article on Yahoo Sports

Fudd said. "I check in with Paige all the time and it's been a mix of her calling after a bad practice and her telling me, 'We have to be better,' and then after big games like the other night when she's just screaming on the phone celebrating with everyone else."

That's why Paige is the player she is.

Reaction Score
From the article:

What is Fudd's ceiling?​

Carroll: Fudd was one of the first two females invited to Stephen Curry's fifth annual SC30 Select Camp. There, she outshot some of the top boys in the nation. Around the time Fudd committed to UConn, Curry, on ESPN, compared Fudd’s textbook jumper to Ray Allen and Klay Thompson. Given the hype around her shot and what she's already done as a young player, there's no limit to her potential.
I would still take Chet Holmgren.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I would still take Chet Holmgren.
Actual news on Holmgren's recruitment has been hard to come by for many months. Gonzaga has long been viewed as the heavy favorite. Holmgren was a high school teammate and remains a close friend with Jalen Suggs, and Holmgren took his first college visit to Spokane in October 2019.

Another Paige Protégé

When he subbed out of the game a few minutes later, Holmgren sat next to his friend, Paige Bueckers, on the bench. Bueckers, the No. 1 player in the class of 2020 and a UConn commit, per ESPN.com, told Holmgren he looked a little too nonchalant about what had just happened. "Do you realize what you've done?" she said. "You're going to go viral!"

Reaction Score
College play & high school play, are 2 different levels of play. Should we not await Azzi's arrival before making comparisons ?

Reaction Score
If Westbrook returns UConn will have four of the last five Morgan Wootten award winners.

Reaction Score
hoopsfan22, why is it going to be impossible for Azzi to live up to the hype? Do you know something everyone doesn't? How can you say she won't live up to the hype, and that Paige ends up the better player, without Azzi having played one college game? How about holding off on your predictions and wait to see both play. Have a feeling that both will be incredible.
Here's the thing. I don't know who ends up being the better player. Will Azzi be great? Yeah, most probably. Will Azzi duplicate Paige's freshman year? Maybe. Will you hit the powerball twice? Maybe. It happens all the time, right?

One thing that's not mentioned, assuming DT and Bird remain USA's backcourt in the coming Olympics, and Azzi and Paige become the USA backcourt in the 2024 Olympics, how many decades will USA have an all UCONN backcourt? If it happens, that ladies and gentlemen will also be truly amazing.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Amazingly, Paige’s play exceeded her hype. I wouldn’t of thought that was possible.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It's getting worse for WBB by the day, by Sunday, it will be horrendous!
we're doomed return of the jedi GIF by Star Wars

Reaction Score
It's going to be impossible for Azzi to live up to the hype. I think Paige ends up the better player anyway.

This was all said about Paige last year. Nothing wrong with wait-and-see-attitude which you and many others have. We all have to a degree that attitude. But we've all heard what you have said before in bold too. And some players do end up living up to the hype. It’s the nature of some fans being very cautious (like wanting Azzi to play in her driveway instead of competing.).

And ofc some might think Paige will wind up the better player because they can't imagine anyone better. But again we've heard this before with topics regarding for example “will Paige have the same or better impact than what Boston had for SC as a frosh? ”Even though Paige was thought to be better as a junior than Boston as a senior- along with being the MVP of the U17 - and all the hype Paige had - think how many UCONN fans were more of a wait-and-see as you are now. There’s a certain disbelief despite what you hear. Usually fans will be more positive – but I think Huksynation has a bit more of jaded/ cup-is-half-empty type of fans than one would normally think.

I'm okay with wait-and-see. Because imo it's not important who is greater as long as they are great. I'm cautious too. For example tonight I think UCONN can lose. Not saying they will. Not at all - but I will always have respect for a FF team unless the dominant team is off-the-charts great. For example I hear talk on other thread about low posting Paige. Well how about throwing a box-and0one at her? Or a triangle-and-two at her and CWill (or Evina)? With the other 3 in a triangle-zone with help in the paint - not sure how well you can low post a guard.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom