Azzi getting shots up with the team | The Boneyard

Azzi getting shots up with the team

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
No cold water dousing here, it's just a reality check. It's great to see her out there, however a few observations. First, she's approx 5-ish months from surgery, so still a long way to go with rehab. Second, she's not jumping in the short shots near the basket. Third, you can see she's trying to figure out how to do a one legged 3 pt shot, and boy am I glad she didn't.

Reaction Score
No cold water dousing here, it's just a reality check. It's great to see her out there, however a few observations. First, she's approx 5-ish months from surgery, so still a long way to go with rehab. Second, she's not jumping in the short shots near the basket. Third, you can see she's trying to figure out how to do a one legged 3 pt shot, and boy am I glad she didn't.

All true, it's just nice to see

Reaction Score
Would be awesome if she was 100% by the time the 2024-25 season begins in October.

Paige was cleared for activities just over a year after her injury, this was about 3 months before the first game and Geno was still hesitant to play her long periods early on.

Azzi tore her ACL on November 14th, two games into the season. She seems to be crushing recovery so it’s possible, but I won’t expect her to be 100% before the start of the season.

Reaction Score
Where's the actual shooting? Thought title said "getting shots up"

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Am I missing a video? Didn't see her take even one.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Azzi’s surgery was around Thanksgiving, maybe Dec. 1. She’s a little over 4 month out, but reportedly ahead of schedule. I’m looking forward to seeing her!! This will be the 7th season that I’ve been watching the Fuddster. She’s really, really, really good.

Reaction Score
Paige was cleared for activities just over a year after her injury, this was about 3 months before the first game and Geno was still hesitant to play her long periods early on.

Azzi tore her ACL on November 14th, two games into the season. She seems to be crushing recovery so it’s possible, but I won’t expect her to be 100% before the start of the season.

It was reported that she is ahead of schedule.

Reaction Score
Azzi’s surgery was around Thanksgiving, maybe Dec. 1. She’s a little over 4 month out, but reportedly ahead of schedule. I’m looking forward to seeing her!! This will be the 7th season that I’ve been watching the Fuddster. She’s really, really, really good.
Yes I think we are all excited to see her at full strength. I may be int he minority, but when she was at full strength during that early season stretch before injury at ND, she showed she had the potential to be one of the all time greats. Sad to see mired with injury most of her uconn career.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Yes I think we are all excited to see her at full strength. I may be int he minority, but when she was at full strength during that early season stretch before injury at ND, she showed she had the potential to be one of the all time greats. Sad to see mired with injury most of her uconn career.

As Geno said--as with Kaleena--Azzi can blow open a game in a couple of minutes. We saw that against some really good teams in the autumn of 2022.

Reaction Score
Yup. Texas game is forever etched in my memory. Made a girl fall on the baseline and hit the shot. Then had a moment with Paige after she hit a big 3.
() <"

I still can't confirm what she said. "Where is she goin?!" seems a little too spicy for Azzi but I loved it. I think by tournament time she'll be good but hope she doesn't put too much pressure on herself.

Last edited:

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Wouldn't it be a hoot if UConn had Azzi come out with the team for warmups? I think Azzi has 2 more years of availability, and if she knows that next year will definitely be her last, why not play, because losing a year because of it wouldn't make a difference. Secret weapon, been working out in private. As I said, wouldn't that be a hoot? LOL

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
Personally I'll not be expecting everything until the end of the season next year. Just as Paige this year.

Healing takes time. Trusting your body takes time. Getting into "UConn" team shape takes time.

Actually. That's my mindset for everything single player who has been out this year with injuries.

Having said that. I'm looking forward to watching how the team comes together through the regular season next year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom