Azzi Fudd to UCONN | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Azzi Fudd to UCONN

Reaction Score
Thank you--I count 14 if Westbrook is back: Westbrook, Williams, ONO, Makurat, Griffin, Edwards, Muhl, Bueckers, McLean, DeBerry, Fudd, Poffenbarger, Ducharme, Gabriel
Yeah I was lazy when I threw it out there. Your post tired me out Lol.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the kind words. Walker was #10 by Hoopgurlz, #10 by ASGR and #8 by Bluestar. Technically top 10, but definitely on the fringe. She was ranked #1 as a junior but her stock dropped as she got older. She probably is the lone outlier for top 10 kids who left early, but pretty much every other kid ranked in the top 10 or higher has played their entire career at UCONN.

Sadie Edwards was ranked 17 / 8 / 9 / 6 by ESPN, Prospect Nation, Blue Star & ASGR respectively.

Composit 2014.jpg

Reaction Score
Here's a Washington Post Story on Azzi's Signing:

Fudd said she has admired U-Conn.’s program from afar since she was little. Just the fact that Huskies Coach Geno Auriemma came to see her work out in the fall of her freshman year was enough of an honor. To become the first local player to sign with the Huskies since 2015 feels more surreal.

Below with her High School Teammates all sporting UCONN gear.

1605180356937.png

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Mike Anthony's writeup

Summary.

Fudd is a stud. :):)

and a personal favorite

As Auriemma said last winter, recalling something he told Bueckers, “You know how many religions there are in the world? A ton. There’s one religion in college women’s basketball: pray that UConn sucks.”

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Carl's article.

Conn coach Geno Auriemma is expected to do a Zoom call with media today and will be asked about his newest class which will be rated among the best, if not the best, in the country.

Expect some heavy duty smiling. Maybe Paige cuts in on the call. :)

“I have goals of playing in the WNBA, being an Olympic gold medalist, and all that good stuff,” Fudd said. “I realized that to achieve those goals and become the best player and person I can be, UConn was the best place for me. If I want to win national championships and compete day in and day out, UConn is that place. I can trust Coach Auriemma, Chris Dailey and Shea Ralph. Everyone there, the players included, will get me to that point.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Carl's article.

Conn coach Geno Auriemma is expected to do a Zoom call with media today and will be asked about his newest class which will be rated among the best, if not the best, in the country.

Expect some heavy duty smiling. Maybe Paige cuts in on the call

Oh, Carl. That's Zia Cooke in the picture next to Paige...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Then she told Bueckers.

“She started crying and, like, tearing up and she was like, ‘No way, you guys are joking,” Fudd said. “To be the mean best friend I am, I said, ‘Just kidding,’ and she got so mad. But I told her it was real and so she was crying a little.”
Awww.

Man, I think we are going to really enjoy the three years these two spend together. To have a "once in lifetime" player happens, if you are lucky, once in a lifetime. UConn has had quite a few. But to have two on the same team, both of them charismatic and to have them be the best of friends.?

Storybook.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Awww.

Man, I think we are going to really enjoy the three years these two spend together. To have a "once in lifetime" player happens, if you are lucky, once in a lifetime. UConn has had quite a few. But to have two on the same team, both of them charismatic and to have them be the best of friends.?

Storybook.

and pushing each other.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

I think UConn Nation is more than ready for the impact these two young ladies will unleash on WCBB. My attitude is "BRING IT." If nothing else over the next 5-6 years, I want UConn to become "blatantly/egregiously" bad for WCBB..............again. :cool: Coaches and players complaining that UConn is impossible to beat will be music to my ears.

I want the gap between UConn and everyone else to widen. That means they must recover their poise and return to their dominant ways of the Breanna Stewart era. While working a UConn game as a color analyst, Kara Lawson once commented that "there's a gap in WCBB. There's UConn, then there's everyone else". I want to return to those days.

Remember when Syracuse WBB head coach Quentin Hillsman remarked after their final four championship loss to UConn in 2016? He said "UConn has forgotten how to lose". :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Thank you Jesus. :D This was worth the wait!!! A special shout-out and a BIG thank you to Paige Bueckers. Job well done! Another shout out to Geno and his staff for their relentless pursuit and signing of the number 1 rated recruit (and special person) in this class. Again..................job well done!! :)
As you know, UConn has signed #1 in four out of five years. Meg is gone, Christyn hasn't quite peaked, this year Paige gets her shot. Azzi is like a fine dessert: a bit too rich to be believed. This is a remarkable collection of not only talent but of really great people. The year we didn't get #1 is ironically the year we missed out on what we most needed: a dominant big.
But that's oddly the history of the Huskies. We get wonderful players and keep looking for a dominant big. Well, that's what a heaven is for . . . I feel super.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Stephan Curry ( two-time NBA MVP ) says Azzi's jumpshot is one of the top three in the world, men or women. Pros and amateurs. Should work.
I was talking about Autumn not Azzi. Need to see what the person I responded to was talking about. Although you are correct about what Steph Curry had said about Azzi, which is great for UConn fans.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Now that the Fudd decision saga is over, I feel it is imperative for me to start the official Azzi Fudd height debate. Going by this picture, if Fudd is 5'11 then Bueckers is at least 6'2. :D

View attachment 61215

Yeah, somebody is being disingenuous here. They appear to be standing next to each other with Paige maybe 6 inches closer to the camera, (looking at their shoes) and neither is slouching or leaning over.

Paige appears to be at least 3-4 inches taller that Azzi. If in fact Azzi is 5-11, Paige is a minimum 6-2. Notice the height difference in their shoulders. That's a good thing......a tall guard. I see a lot of mismatches for UConn opponents in the near future. 6-2 guards are rare......very rare.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So Magruber, I went back and saw that your post guaranteeing that Azzi was coming to UConn was posted on October 22.

The ESPN article recounts how Azzi decided to come to UConn while driving up to UConn with her parents in a minivan - on October 22.

How about that.

So, I`m guessing that

1. You are a psychic,

2. You bugged the van,

3. You were hiding in the van,

4. It was an educated and reasonable guess with oddly coincidential timing, or

5. ??????

Hmmmmm?

Good Stuff Here. Funny.

This will just have to remain one of life's Unsolved Mysteries. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom