2024 Recruiting: - Austin Swartz Offer | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Austin Swartz Offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kid is going to make a major jump in the rankings. Did we ever find out if he actually grew up in Hartford?

Reaction Score
He went bananas in EYBL this weekend. Averaged something like 26 a game.

Eybl stats through 16 are

21 ppg
3.4 rpg
1.7 apg

1.8 To
1.6 Stl
0.1 blk

44% fg (18.2 attempts)
51% 2fg (9.6 attempts)
37% 3fg (8.6 attempts)
89% ft (3.4 attempts)

Reaction Score

Swartz v. Carmel Christian

32 MINS

21 PTS
2 REB (0 offensive)
5 AST (4 potential / 2 foul)

3TO
1 STL
2 BLK

1/6 2FG
5/10 3FG
4/6 FT
  • Plays the point for his team mostly.
  • Looks much better when he isn’t pulling off the dribble (like a lot of players)
  • Team defense is pretty suspet here, so it’s hard to judge his defense. Overall doesn’t look great, but that’s pretty normal for HS players. I’m seeing some awareness of help defense and court spacing which is a good sign.
  • Leaves his man way too deep in help and gets burned with jumpers. Happened 4x this game.
  • Not super athletic, but gets the job done.
  • Would like to see him get to the rim more successfully. Handles are good enough to get there, I think he doesn’t have the finishing bag right now.
  • Shooting form is good. Not picture-perfect, but I don’t see anything that’s a major barrier to shooting well in college. He has unlimited range from 3.
  • He has really good posture and plays a little too stiff/upright.
  • Passing limited to his right hand (normal for most guards)
  • Definitely more of a SG/combo rather than a PG. Handles and game sense aren’t quite PG-level yet, but close. He’s a good leader for his team, but makes some iffy decisions. Sets the tone. A couple years in a college system and I think he could earn some PG minutes.
  • He NEEDS to nix the low % off-the-dribble mid-range shots. Way too many of them in this game. That’s a 1-2x per game shot. Not a 5x per game shot.
  • Not a very active rebounder
Bricked pull-up 3
Another bricked 3
Fouled on a pull-up 2
Drive and dish assist
Block
3 off a screen
Drive and fouled
TO
Board
3-ball from deep
Deflection and potential assist on the other end
Miss at the rim
Tough turnaround 2
Another DEEP 3:
Potential assist:
Miss at the rim:
Easy assist
Another swing assist
Steal
ANOTHER deep 3
Banks open 3
Great cross-court pass
Bricked pull up 2
Dish assist
Handles the pressure–bricks the long 2
Blocked it OOB
Drive and fouled

Reaction Score
No mention of UConn here but this interview was conducted before the UConn offer.

“I haven’t set any visits yet,” Swartz said. “I’m trying to get through all the (EYBL) sessions first. I’m comfortable with playing on or off the ball. I don’t always need the ball in my hands to be effective. The school’s play styles will matter; I like coaches who play fast and trust their guards to make plays. I like free-flowing offenses.”

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
No mention of UConn here but this interview was conducted before the UConn offer.

“I haven’t set any visits yet,” Swartz said. “I’m trying to get through all the (EYBL) sessions first. I’m comfortable with playing on or off the ball. I don’t always need the ball in my hands to be effective. The school’s play styles will matter; I like coaches who play fast and trust their guards to make plays. I like free-flowing offenses.”

I’m sure he was interviewed last weekend which was before his offer

Reaction Score
Talking to UConn about a visit.

UConn: “I talk a lot with Coach (Kimani) Young. He’s been the one recruiting me the most so far. It’s a brotherhood there; everyone wants to play together. They preach about the best shot and not the first shot, and I was able to see that all throughout the NCAA Tournament. They moved the ball. And then Jordan Hawkins, how he plays, and what they did with him.

Coach Young has been walking me through the offense, and a little bit around the motion they run. They keep telling me how I would be a great fit for how they play.”

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Just remove the Ch and use it for Championship.
1687141732846.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr