OT: - August (West) in Black Rock. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: August (West) in Black Rock.

Reaction Score
I have almst no clothes right now and I'm.not buying until I hit 200.
No cloths?! I hope you are not preforming buck naked!! Seriously though, what bands do or have you played with? I used to be big into the music scene back home in CT as a young man. Actually I still am big into music. The scene here in Amsterdam is pretty bad, unless you are into techno electronic music.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
No cloths?! I hope you are not preforming buck naked!! Seriously though, what bands do or have you played with? I used to be big into the music scene back home in CT as a young man. Actually I still am big into music. The scene here in Amsterdam is pretty bad, unless you are into techno electronic music.

Im into it. My main band is the sprockets

2015-07-08_22-59-50.jpg

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
But starting sunday I'm in the vineyard for a couple weeks. So I imagine it will change.

Only will be back for that night at arch St. Then right back to vineyard

You actually playing the Vineyard? If so, that's a nice little gig.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

I need to know something - is Norman Kapoyos a thing over there in Amsterdam? Seems like a talented guy and somewhat of an impresario as far as putting together talent for specific projects. I've seen a number of vids with the guy and have no idea if he's just some struggling kid or makes a living as he's pretty decent.

Drowse. (He doesn't do much here, but I like the way the cover was handled).
Prince tribute.
Random jam.
Random jam 2.

Last edited:

August_West

Reaction Score
You know what's funny? I've watch that 'No Smoko' video about 6 times since it was posted on the Pool. Cult hit I'd wager.

Its the best thing going.

I'm on smoko right now.

Leave me alone

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Anyone know if Uber/Lyft have a presence in Black Rock? I might be on my way back from the city, but would really like to make it if I can.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I didn't realize you play with eggy. You probably know a few of my friends who hang out with them sometimes

Worlds collide:

2 months ago, without knowing anything about this show, I was providing historical context for a member of Eggy, telling him that Little Feat was a Mothers spin-off band.

To me, "Waiting for Columbus" has always represented mostly already-released songs that I'd listened to and loved throughout the first half of the 70s, and I'd largely shifted to post-punk local bands by the time it was released.

Now, I have friends who go annually to see Little Feat in Jamaica, and I've only saw the band once post-Lowell at Planting Fields Arboretum in 2002.

I'm hoping to watch a Facebook Livestream of the Acoustic show on Friday night after celebrating National Smores Day with family.

As ever, "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Should be easy to get a ride, and fwiw, it's only about a mile walk from Metro train station through a safe enough neighborhood.
Hans is right on all counts. 15 minute walk to metro station. Lyft and uber easy to grab in black rock on weekends.

I will be there for sure wearing most likely a gray husky t with the current logo. l live a mile away over the Fairfield line. May drive but if weather is good more likely walk there and lyft or uber home.

Acoustic is a nice room if you haven't been. Web site has the show as Friday.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Anyone know if Uber/Lyft have a presence in Black Rock? I might be on my way back from the city, but would really like to make it if I can.
Should not be a problem. I believe both have a presence there.

Reaction Score
I need to know something - is Norman Kapoyos a thing over there in Amsterdam? Seems like a talented guy and somewhat of an impresario as far as putting together talent for specific projects. I've seen a number of vids with the guy and have no idea if he's just some struggling kid or makes a living as he's pretty decent.

Drowse. (He doesn't do much here, but I like the way the cover was handled).
Prince tribute.
Random jam.
Random jam 2.
Is he a young black guy? Also know as a night mayor of Amsterdam? If it is who I think it is, he is pretty big.

Reaction Score
Im into it. My main band is the sprockets

2015-07-08_22-59-50.jpg
I am big into blues and blues/rock. I was friends of Young Neal and the Vipers. Painted the drum for Tommy De Quatro many years ago. Lately I found this guy Albert Cummings on youtube, from Williamstown MA. I like his music. Are you on youtube?

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
this . . .

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-08-08 bob weir short shorts - Google Search.png
    Screenshot_2018-08-08 bob weir short shorts - Google Search.png
    142.2 KB · Views: 73

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
or this . . .

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-08-08 OT - August (West) in Black Rock .png
    Screenshot_2018-08-08 OT - August (West) in Black Rock .png
    314.6 KB · Views: 50

August_West

Reaction Score
I am big into blues and blues/rock. I was friends of Young Neal and the Vipers. Painted the drum for Tommy De Quatro many years ago. Lately I found this guy Albert Cummings on youtube, from Williamstown MA. I like his music. Are you on youtube?

the Vipahs! (as my North Providence UConn roommate used to call them decades ago, unintentionally) neal is a great guitar player.

My old drummer was the drummer in Alberts touring band for a bit in the mid 00's so yeah.

YouTube?

Nothing I sanction!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom