OT: - Aubrey's Dad | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Aubrey's Dad

Reaction Score
Regardless of spin, getting fired at 30-13 is a pretty raw deal.
I will like to see the next coach can deliver 13-30 record .....LOL

Reaction Score
I got fired so many times that I treated them like promotions to avoid deep depression. Never got a bonus though.:p

Reaction Score
Adrian Griffin finally commented on being fired as the Bucks HC today:

I appreciate the opportunity the Bucks gave me. You can’t control everything. I feel good about the job we did. I appreciate my coaching staff for all their hard work.

Adrian Griffin is a class act. I expect he’ll be back at work with another NBA team as soon as he wants.
Class act indeed. I hope he gets another chance to lead a team.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Raw deal for Griffin, glad to see he (and Budenholzer) are still getting paid.

Both of them getting fired screams team chemistry issues to me. I used to love Giannis as an NBA star and team first player and leader, but he seems more and more high maintenance each year.

Reaction Score
It made the news here as well - with a very stark comparison to David Blatt being fired from the Cavs.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Some decisions just don’t age particularly well. Since firing Adrian Griffin, the Bucks have gone 2-3, including last night’s loss to lowly Portland. Maybe, just maybe, the problem in Milwaukee wasn’t the HC?

Over those 5 games the Bucks have gone from 3.5 games behind the league leading Boston Celtics to 5 games back.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Some decisions just don’t age particularly well. Since firing Adrian Griffin, the Bucks have gone 2-3, including last night’s loss to lowly Portland. Maybe, just maybe, the problem in Milwaukee wasn’t the HC?

Over those 5 games the Bucks have gone from 3.5 games behind the league leading Boston Celtics to 5 games back.
It is not may be, it is sure the problem is Milwaukee.

Reaction Score
When he got fired I looked at the standing and couldn't find the Bucks anywhere. I guess I was looking to close to where coaching records usually are when the fired after half a season. He certainly did not get treated like a coach they respected or even liked. The good news is he has handled it great and will get another chance soon.

Reaction Score

It should also be noted that the Bucks are 0-2 since Doc Rivers took over as HC. The other 3 games were coached by interim coaches.

Reaction Score
saw a chance to hire a celebrity coach -- Doc Rivers. They probably viewed that as an opportunity that they could not pass up, and that might not last long --

Doc was available when they hired Dr. Griffin

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Don’t look now, but the Bucks are 3-5 and have fallen to 3rd place in the Eastern Conference since firing Adrian Griffin.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom