Asst Coach Job Posting | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Asst Coach Job Posting

Reaction Score
Has Tamika ever been a DI head coach? I can't find anything other than Asst coach in her Linkedin profile .
(Talk about rehab jobs, if it is Valley - woah, her two years at Hartford have been, um, not good :eek:)

Last edited:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
That should eliminate all the young players/coaches. That is some strong minimum qualifications. I suspect that job description is written with a specific person in mind because there won't be that many people qualified.
Agreed. This job description was written for one individual. Needed qualifications are too specific and eliminates too many otherwise qualified candidates. For example, none of UConn’s current coaches (including Shea) meet them. Funny that Geno is not qualified to be his own assistant.
Agree with both of you.

Numerous people have commented "Geno wouldn't meet those qualifications". "CD wouldn't meet those qualifications". "Jamelle wouldn't meet those qualifications".

You are correct. They are not interviewing Geno or CD or Jamelle for the job. I believe, like several others, that there is literally one person in mind, who may have already agreed to take the job, and that the job description was written specifically with them in mind.

Now come on you BY detectives - who checks every box??!!!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Is there some reason so many seem nearly desperate for a UConn alum to be hired? I mean seriously, there are other people out there in the profession, good ones even. It might not be a bad idea to open the circle a bit.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
  • Bachelor’s degree Check!
  • five years of coaching experience working within a women’s collegiate Division I basketball program... Well I read the Boneyard, that should be close enough.
  • coaching experience at two or more universities that are members of Power 5 conferences Again, I read the Boneyard
  • working knowledge of the correct application of NCAA regulations Read the Boneyard
  • strong commitment to the academic goals of the University, Sure
  • excellent organizational, teaching, communication and public relations skills I post on the Boneyard.
Frankly, I think I am very close on this.
LOL. But more importantly, can you be there tomorrow??

Reaction Score
Ooh - let's dissect the qualifications as posted:

MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
  1. Bachelor’s degree
  2. five years of coaching experience working within a women’s collegiate Division I basketball program
  3. coaching experience at two or more universities that are members of Power 5 conferences
  4. working knowledge of the correct application of NCAA regulations
  5. strong commitment to the academic goals of the University
  6. excellent organizational, teaching, communication and public relations skills

PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
  1. Division I head coaching experience
  2. coaching experience on team(s) that have advanced to at least the regional round of the NCAA D I WBB Championship
  3. demonstrated experience coaching players who have achieved conference and/or national honors
  4. former playing experience at the Division I collegiate level
So, now that we know both the minimum and preferred qualies, any guesses on who meets the min or both?
2 or more years of Power 5 University experience? Interesting. Wonder if "experience" could mean you played for one Power 5 University and coached at another? Something this specific usually means there is a preferred candidate or set of candidates.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You know who checks every single box...?

1618353784240.png

???
Shocked Dear God GIF

No.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
What about Niele?! :cool: I hear it is a little hot in South Bend!

Interesting also that the posting is for 1 week - comes down on the 20th.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
2 or more years of Power 5 University experience? Interesting. Wonder if "experience" could mean you played for one Power 5 University and coached at another? Something this specific usually means there is a preferred candidate or set of candidates.
I find it funny (sic. sad) you disqualify your own conference.

Reaction Score
I assume a call was made to someone prior to the job posting that went along the lines of "Do you have an interest in being an assistant coach at UConn? If so, your application would be very strongly considered.". The answer was yes and the job posted.

Reaction Score
No one has mentioned that they would be looking for someone to coach the guards. Morgan Valley matches their needs within the program better than Tamika Jeter, who would be a third post coach.
I hear you and its in the back of my mind but on the other hand Jamelle was a tweener G/F as a player and she was a head coach so I think she could slide over to guards for Tamika. Morgan Valley is also a good choice too..

Reaction Score
Sorry, but how does Morgan Valley meet those qualifications? And with her W-L record at Hartford, I just have to believe UConn can get someone with a bit more coaching luster.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Here’s a question to consider. The job description is detailed and likely applies to a particular individual with substantial experience as a player and coach, including HC experience. Is it possible that this individual would also be Geno’s heir apparent when he steps down?

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
FWIW there was an article in The Hartford Courant within the last week indicating that the University of Hartford is seriously considering dropping down to Division III in all sports.

Also I recall that when Jasmine Lister was hired the job description was specifically tailored to her.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
FWIW there was an article in The Hartford Courant within the last week indicating that the University of Hartford is seriously considering dropping down to Division III in all sports.

Also I recall that when Jasmine Lister was hired the job description was specifically tailored to her.
That's my recollection as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom