Ask not... | The Boneyard

Ask not...

Reaction Score
Ask not what the Yard can do for you, but what you can do for the Yard. There are many possible answers, but to begin we might examine myths and legends. Many conflate the two; however, a legend always has a basis in reality. Fishy, Tom, and Nan exist. It was/is always mythic that UConn would be offered a place among the five now four exalted (in their minds) chosen ones. The old five and now four have two pieces of DNA which prevent the ascension of the Huskies, legendary greed and a belief that all collegiate sports must bow down to football. The NCAA fears their power. Is there any forseeable future in which UConn can become a citizen of the exalted four?

I admit that for several years I hoped and wished that this future was possible even if it was never plausible, Myths can be alluring, but this one time when Pandora's box is empty be Yarders. However, we are approaching a legendary Yard day. Like the Olympics and Presidential elections it happens only once every four years. Could the Yard celebrate the legend and at least for one day stop pursuing the myth of the exalted four membership? Yarders, tomorrow is the 29th of February.

Reaction Score
Awkward Bye Bye GIF

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Its going to take me some time to decipher all the mumbo/jumbo

Reaction Score
The Voice Nbc GIF

Something tells me there was more than just beer involved with that post.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
I sometimes view the Yard the day after enjoying some libations and wonder why I posted what I posted. Those posts are usually well after 11:01 though. Usually

Reaction Score
I copied @zymurg 's post into ChatGPT and asked it to come up with a reply...here's what it came up with:

Dear fellow Yarders,

Your reflections on the myths and legends surrounding UConn basketball are thought-provoking and timely, especially as we approach a significant day in our calendar - February 29th. While the allure of joining the exalted four may have fueled hopes and dreams in the past, it's essential to acknowledge the reality of the situation. As you aptly pointed out, there are inherent challenges, including entrenched power dynamics and priorities within collegiate sports that may not align with our aspirations.

As we anticipate this legendary Yard day, let's embrace the spirit of community and celebration. February 29th offers us a unique opportunity to revel in our shared history, traditions, and the bonds that unite us as Yarders. Rather than solely focusing on aspirations that may be beyond our immediate reach, let's channel our energy into honoring our past, present, and future contributions to UConn basketball. Together, we can create our own legends and forge a path that reflects the values and spirit of the Yard. Here's to a memorable February 29th celebration and to the continued success of UConn basketball, both on and off the court.

Warm regards,
[Your Name]

Reaction Score
I copied @zymurg 's post into ChatGPT and asked it to come up with a reply...here's what it came up with:

Dear fellow Yarders,

Your reflections on the myths and legends surrounding UConn basketball are thought-provoking and timely, especially as we approach a significant day in our calendar - February 29th. While the allure of joining the exalted four may have fueled hopes and dreams in the past, it's essential to acknowledge the reality of the situation. As you aptly pointed out, there are inherent challenges, including entrenched power dynamics and priorities within collegiate sports that may not align with our aspirations.

As we anticipate this legendary Yard day, let's embrace the spirit of community and celebration. February 29th offers us a unique opportunity to revel in our shared history, traditions, and the bonds that unite us as Yarders. Rather than solely focusing on aspirations that may be beyond our immediate reach, let's channel our energy into honoring our past, present, and future contributions to UConn basketball. Together, we can create our own legends and forge a path that reflects the values and spirit of the Yard. Here's to a memorable February 29th celebration and to the continued success of UConn basketball, both on and off the court.

Warm regards,
[Your Name]
Honestly, I understood that much better than the OP. :)

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score

Dear fellow Yarders,

Warm regards,
[Your Name]
I think we should have ChatGPT, review and rewrite all of our posts for one week, then compare that to the human OP. That could be quality entertainment. Or I would settle for one @Hans Sprungfeld post being run through ChatGPT to see what the AI does with that assignment.

Reaction Score
@Fishy The one thing I did get from this is that you are a living legend. Or maybe you're a myth. I'm actually not so sure anymore. I just know that you factor into this in a big way. I hope you understand the assignment and fulfill your duty.

"Just listen to the lyrics, Costanza. There's your answer. It's all happening....downtown"

Reaction Score
@Fishy The one thing I did get from this is that you are a living legend. Or maybe you're a myth. I'm actually not so sure anymore. I just know that you factor into this in a big way. I hope you understand the assignment and fulfill your duty.

"Just listen to the lyrics, Costanza. There's your answer. It's all happening....downtown"
After all these years it still kills me that people think Tom and Fishy are real. LOL.

Reaction Score
Great replies so far. I hope this thread gains traction as I can see it derail by going in many humorous directions.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom