Ashlynn article | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ashlynn article

Reaction Score
Danny Riego, head coach of the team’s U17 program, told Gene Swindoll of 247Sports that Shade’s abilities are reminiscent of Jackie Young....

“.... And her athletic ability allows her to post against smaller guards,” Riego said in July 2020.

A nice summary of some of Ashlynn's H.S. Kudos! That Jackie Young comparison is impressive.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I think that UConn Nation realizes what a Gem Ashlynn is and that her future as a successful Husky is limitless. Her attitude alone attracts fans, and her on court demeanor and skill embraces all the attributes that we all deem necessary to achieve greatness. She is honored to be a Husky, and right now I am honored that she chose to join our family.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Of course. You think I would opine on her athleticism if I hadn't?
Recruiters did not leave a worn path to [Kelly’s] door because, as Auriemma sees it, Faris fell victim to common and corrosive stereotyping that tends to define white basketball players as heady and black ones as athletic.

“In recruiting, a lot of kids get passed over because they don’t pass the ‘look’ test,” Auriemma said. “If they don’t look a certain way, then they can’t be athletic. And it usually has to do with the racial thing.

“It cracks me up when I hear people talk about it. How many people have commented to me, ‘I can’t believe this kid is as good as you think she is.’ But they don’t realize how athletic she is, how well she runs, how she jumps, how she thinks, how she anticipates. She is just a tremendous athlete
.”

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Ashlynn reminds me of a young Larry Bird
There were people that stated the same thing back in Indiana. What gets me is that when she left Noblesville to go to La Lumiere Prep some of those same people completely forgot about her. She was rated as the #6 prospect by ESPN her Junior year. After she went to La Lumiere for her Senior year ESPN dropped her to something like #15 or so, even though she was even better than what she was her Junior year.

I believe that the reason why she was dropped was because she wasn't as easy to watch as she was at Noblesville. Many of Ash's games were televised and there were many write ups. She was always in the papers and talked about. But when she went La Lumiere in La Porte, as a UConn commit, the papers and the TV didn't follow and she had nothing to do with the ISHAA so she was kind of forgotten.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Could it be that Ash is sorta singlehandedly keeping Geno in the game. Just kidding.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Recruiters did not leave a worn path to [Kelly’s] door because, as Auriemma sees it, Faris fell victim to common and corrosive stereotyping that tends to define white basketball players as heady and black ones as athletic.

“In recruiting, a lot of kids get passed over because they don’t pass the ‘look’ test,” Auriemma said. “If they don’t look a certain way, then they can’t be athletic. And it usually has to do with the racial thing.

“It cracks me up when I hear people talk about it. How many people have commented to me, ‘I can’t believe this kid is as good as you think she is.’ But they don’t realize how athletic she is, how well she runs, how she jumps, how she thinks, how she anticipates. She is just a tremendous athlete
.”

As I recall he talked about the opposite effect for Maya ... for a time.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

.”

Touche, but I think even Faris would say Shade's the better athlete. Shade's a workout warrior and marathon runner.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom