As a 5th seed in BET, UConn has highest chance to win | The Boneyard

As a 5th seed in BET, UConn has highest chance to win

Reaction Score
Torvik also has us as the favorites at the moment.

UConn - 25.2%
Creighton - 22.6%
Marquette - 20.1%
Xavier - 14%
PC - 9%

I'd probably have Marquette as the favorite since they should have a pretty easy Thursday matchup

Orc

Reaction Score

UConn - 25.2%
Creighton - 22.6%
Marquette - 20.1%
Xavier - 14%
PC - 9%

I'd probably have Marquette as the favorite since they should have a pretty easy Thursday matchup
Many people rolling their eyes at this one

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
thoughts?
my thoughts are that this is more baloney, along with the plethora of other such february clickbait hokum.
here, i'll make it easy - will zack be playing in the league tourney?
how aboot the guys on other top teams with various 'conditions?'
will they be playing? how aboot sj? will he be playing? will he have enuf run to see if he even has a role for us?

i've mentioned this a few times already, to nary a response.
Virginia at 13 is the only acc team in the net top 25, yet i figger that league for at least 6 teams in the ncaa's. how does that add up, other than many turning into datadorks, and losing all common sense and perspective?

i blame the gambling mania, and the whackjobs pushing all this crapola.
think aboot it - 22.7! 41.2! 17.66666666666666666666667! percentages aboot nothing for everyone!
garbage in, garbage out. twas ever thus.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

UConn - 25.2%
Creighton - 22.6%
Marquette - 20.1%
Xavier - 14%
PC - 9%

Can’t be right. @FriarJ said Providence is awesome. Or something.

caw

Reaction Score
Can’t be right. @FriarJ said Providence is awesome. Or something.
To be fair of the top four seeded teams they are probably the team that worries me the most in terms of matchups. My opinion may change, or not depending on the game coming up at home.

Creighton and Marquette, UConn has beaten and played close on the road. X has Freemantle either not back or just coming back.

PC is a good team, though they crapped the bed OOC which will kill their seeding and hurt their chances of having an easier road in the NCAAT.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Neutral court favors us. But MSG is more of a home court for us when compared to the rest of the BE. I’m excited to catch some of these teams in the NCAA tournament on a neutral court.

Reaction Score

UConn - 25.2%
Creighton - 22.6%
Marquette - 20.1%
Xavier - 14%
PC - 9%

These are more of the numbers I would expect. The four best teams in the conference with fairly even chances of winning. Playing in MSG increases our % chances to win.

Reaction Score
Fun fact: the "midwest" teams in the Big East have never won the BET. Will be interesting to see if Creighton, Marquette or Xavier can end that streak this year

Reaction Score
thoughts?
will zack be playing in the league tourney?
how aboot the guys on other top teams with various 'conditions?'
will they be playing? how aboot sj? will he be playing? will he have enuf run to see if he even has a role for us?

Excellent points. Injuries have to be factored in.

Not just IF Zach will be playing, but will he be helping or hurting his team after sitting out a month to 6 weeks. He could be playing but still not be fully himself, in which case he might not be helping them much if at all. It remains to be seen.

Villanova with Justin Moore back is an interesting case. Moore is obviously not himself yet. Shooting only 30% from the floor, 26% on 3’s, and 67% from the line. Those are not Justin Moore numbers. BUT they are playing better as a team with him in the lineup because he does other things. You never know.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
We're flying the fam from CO, spending 5 or 6 nights in the city, and have all-session tickets for my daughter and I. I just hope we win a game or 3.

Reaction Score
Aren’t we currently 2-6 v. the top half of our league?

Need to get hot at the right time to win this. It’s been done before that way.
Everything kinda goes out the window on a neutral court. We just blasted the team in sole possession of first place by 20 points a week ago.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
To be fair of the top four seeded teams they are probably the team that worries me the most in terms of matchups. My opinion may change, or not depending on the game coming up at home.

Creighton and Marquette, UConn has beaten and played close on the road. X has Freemantle either not back or just coming back.

PC is a good team, though they crapped the bed OOC which will kill their seeding and hurt their chances of having an easier road in the NCAAT.

I actually like Providence if they would cut out the hack, flop and flail nonsense and just play hoops. That stuff helps them a little at home, but doesn’t play with referees on the road, and will be the reason Providence gets bounced early from the NCAA Tournament.

Reaction Score
I don't think that we're the favorites. Wouldn't even be slightly surprised if we lost to Xavier, Marquette, Creighton, or Providence in the BET. I don't think there is any doubt that Xavier is better than us. The other 3 are debatable, but like I said wouldn't surprise me at all if we lost to any of these teams.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Took a bit of a gamble this year and bought tickets to the semifinals. We usually go on Thursday, but Friday works better with our schedules. Gonna be biting my nails in that quarterfinal game, although I'm looking forward to being in the building for a Friday night at the Garden either way.

Reaction Score
I actually like Providence if they would cut out the hack, flop and flail nonsense and just play hoops. That stuff helps them a little at home, but doesn’t play with referees on the road, and will be the reason Providence gets bounced early from the NCAA Tournament.
Cooley felt the league was lacking a Pitt and decided to take up the mantle.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't think that we're the favorites. Wouldn't even be slightly surprised if we lost to Xavier, Marquette, Creighton, or Providence in the BET. I don't think there is any doubt that Xavier is better than us. The other 3 are debatable, but like I said wouldn't surprise me at all if we lost to any of these teams.

When is Zach Freemantle returning for Xavier? How is Souley Boum’s ankle coming along?

Reaction Score
When is Zach Freemantle returning for Xavier? How is Souley Boum’s ankle coming along?
Didn't even know they were out tbh. I only watch other BE teams when they play us. I know Xavier at full strength is better than we are though.

Reaction Score
At various points in the season I've thought any of the Top 5 teams were the best team in the league...it really is a season of runs/waves with these teams. MU being the only team not really having a bad run (but hopefully soon!!). Sure do wish X had gotten that win the other night.

I do think the computers overvalue Uconn a little and undervalue Provy both due to their OOC performances. Nova, with 2 proven BE players coming back real recently also throw their computer numbers out the window. Now, how good they will be is debatable with Longino and Moore but I know they will be better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom