Article - cbs sports - UConn comebqck win over Nova was true return to Big East | The Boneyard

Article - cbs sports - UConn comebqck win over Nova was true return to Big East

Reaction Score
The podcast episode in the article is really good too. We're finally making consistent headlines again. Feels good to be back in the national media

Reaction Score
The Big East needs UConn more than the UConn needs the Big East. They should have paid us to rejoin.
That is true, but he's not totally wrong. UCONN needed something other than the AAC.

Where he is mistaken, "Nights like this are why UConn needed to get back in this conference. Nights like this make you wonder why the hell it ever opted out of it to begin with." I don't wonder why the C-7 left and I don't wonder why UCONN was stuck in the AAC.

Reaction Score
Why is the charge call coming up constantly as the thing that decided the game? Both Norlander and the other guy are saying that coming so late, it should have been a no call.

But time would wind off the clock as the ball rolled out of bounds. And if it took less than a second to roll out of bounds it was off Gillespie, so it's still UConn inbounding the ball.

How is this so difficult to comprehend?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Dude next to me was hammered!

ETA: Kudos to the XL for carrying Sip of Sunshine and Headway now.

Now they just need to add hard cider.
I think truly’s are more your speed. You know“ ……. pool or the pond”

Reaction Score
Why is the charge call coming up constantly as the thing that decided the game? Both Norlander and the other guy are saying that coming so late, it should have been a no call.

But time would wind off the clock as the ball rolled out of bounds. And if it took less than a second to roll out of bounds it was off Gillespie, so it's still UConn inbounding the ball.

How is this so difficult to comprehend?
I think the haters think it should have been a foul call against Cole giving Gillespie the free throws. I don't know about a no-call. They can't handle the truth.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I think truly’s are more your speed. You know“ ……. pool or the pond”
Tried 'em. Not a fan. Actually kind of glad that I don't drink beer anymore and that they don't sell hard cider, because I would have been tanked.

Had to settle for some fine Japanese whisky when I got home.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
What a great write up of a great game. Hurleys ejection push the game into the national consciousness and both teams delivered. Yeah, I guess it feels like Connecticut is back, but it also feels like the Big East is back.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I was getting texts last night and this morning from people all over, some of whom I haven't heard from in years, and for whom I am the crazed UConn fan they know. We definitely made a splash last night, in a good way.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I was getting texts last night and this morning from people all over, some of whom I haven't heard from in years, and for whom I am the crazed UConn fan they know. We definitely made a splash last night, in a good way.
Same, this is how you know the needle moved.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Hurley: "We expect to look like UConn in March."
That's the most inspiring thing he's ever said.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom