Arizona in the Final Four in Phoenix. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Arizona in the Final Four in Phoenix.

Reaction Score
If we play in Brooklyn and Boston, then we really have nothing to complain about.

But 2009 playing Mich St in Detroit was rough indeed.

I don't think that Arizona fans are nearly as obnoxious as Mich St fans though.
Oh yes they are...they are certainly just as obnoxious, very close to Kentucky fans. (I am an ASU grad as well as a 2x UConn grad.). Note that ASU fans are also very obnoxious to UofA fans!

Reaction Score
Booked Arizona months ago with hopes of a UConn run but just a warm weather escape if not. Definitely will be rooting against Arizona purely from a ticket price standpoint but think we matchup pretty well with them. I just hope Tenn ends up with the one out west let them and Arizona potentially fight out a spot.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
When CT replaces the Rent with a domed Stadium maybe? 2078?
Sure, and we won't have to worry about it being considered a home venue, since the state will probably stick it in Waterbury or something.

Reaction Score
Arizona is in Tuscon, about an hour and a half away. ASU is in Tempe, in the Phoenix area. I remember vs MSU in 09, we sold our finals tickets to Sparty fans and got out of the hell hole that's Detroit early. If somehow Arizona makes the Final Four it may help, puts less pressure on demand for hotel rooms for visiting teams.
I’ve attended in person for every one of UConn’s five national championships, but that year in 2009 I did not attend because I refuse to go to that hellhole.

Reaction Score
That looks like a definite possibility. That would be like UConn playing in a final four in Hartford.

Of course, neither of us could get to the Final Four. But anyone facing Arizona in Phoenix would have a heavy lift to beat them. It would NOT be neutral court.
I don’t care who we play as long as we’re here.
I’m keeping my fingers crossed

Reaction Score
There is always a round in NC for Duke and NC. I believe Charlotte this year. The big tourist city of Greensboro most other years.

Reaction Score
That looks like a definite possibility. That would be like UConn playing in a final four in Hartford.

Of course, neither of us could get to the Final Four. But anyone facing Arizona in Phoenix would have a heavy lift to beat them. It would NOT be neutral court.
They are a flAwed team with a ball hog, early exit

Reaction Score
Final 4 is set for a while. A Texas sites (San Antonio in 2025 and Dallas in 2030), back to Detroit again in 2028. Indianapolis twice (2026 and 2029). Vegas in 2028 is the only new location. Nashville is getting a new stadium soon, so I would expect a FF there in the early 2030s.

It's a borderline tragedy that the NYC metro, or the entire NE, doesn't have a venue that can host Final Fours. There's not even an east coast venue in any upcoming FFs. would be curious as to why they can't play the FF in Atlanta.

Reaction Score
I will never forget that Arizona game. They had a number of opportunities to win it and there was a lid on the basket. Longest seconds of my basketball watching life. Especially when the ball was in the air on the last shot. Eternity.
I watch the highlights now and I still think that shot is going in.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
It was the sane scenario last year with both Houston and Texas having legit shots at playing in the Final 4 in Houston. It is impossible to avoid unless you put the Final 4 in Canada.....or Syracuse.

You mean Canada or Southern Canada

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
They're a Pac 12 team, nothing in the new millennium. They'll get the beat down just like Oregon did in football

Posers, imposters, cute... no beef

Teams that scare me the most
Marquette
Creighton

And Mich St. Because if Izzo can get away with 40 fouls in a game, they're a threat. Otherwise not

Reaction Score
There is always a round in NC for Duke and NC. I believe Charlotte this year. The big tourist city of Greensboro most other years.
That always pisses me off!

They should institute a rule that they can't hold any rounds in the same state back to back years or even better, ban the entire state of North Carolina for the next 20 years for being greedy SOBs for hosting so many tourney games where Blue-ball Devils and Tar High Heels have played far too many tournament home games.

Time for Charlie Baker to flex his New England Chowda and put an end to NC's special barbecue sauce treatment.

End of rant!

Reaction Score

I doubt they make it. But then again you never know...

xclamations

Portal Kombat III
Reaction Score
As an AZ native born in ct
Go Huskies

And U of A isn't too big around here in metro phx imo; its more ASU territory imho, and even then

Reaction Score
That always pisses me off!

They should institute a rule that they can't hold any rounds in the same state back to back years or even better, ban the entire state of North Carolina for the next 20 years for being greedy SOBs for hosting so many tourney games where Blue-ball Devils and Tar High Heels have played far too many tournament home games.

Time for Charlie Baker to flex his New England Chowda and put an end to NC's special barbecue sauce treatment.

End of rant!

This has bothered me for years. I want to ask that AI how many games has Duke played in the NCAA tournament in their home state of North Carolina? It's got to be over 20.

It is over 20 it is....
In total, Duke University has played 43 NCAA tournament games in North Carolina. These games have taken place in various cities within the state, including Durham, Charlotte, Greensboro, and Raleigh. Duke’s success in the tournament has allowed them to frequently play on their home turf, giving them a significant advantage with strong fan support and familiarity with the venues.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
And get this. The University of North Carolina has played a total of 69 NCAA tournament games in their home state of North Carolina.

BrysonDeMan

Hits Bombs
Reaction Score
We got harassed after the game- a group of MState fans pushed my wife (there were too many for me to woop their ass). We booked the first fight we could to get out of there.
had same type of experience - MSU brought all of their dick fans with them
instead of leaving, i bought an Carolina t-shirt and cheered as obnoxiously as i could for the Tarheels on Monday night

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom