Arizona (18) @ Southern California - 1/03/20

Who will win this game?

• Southern California

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Los Angeles, CA - 10:00 PM ET
TV: Pac-12 Network (Brian Webber, Tammy Blackburn)

Video stream:
Arizona at USC (tvpli)

Live stats:

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I think it's 10:00 PM ET? As far as I can tell all 6 games involving Pac 12 teams tomorrow start a 7 pm local time.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
USC up 17-14 now. This game isn't a gimme for Arizona, gotta take care of business tonight first before playing UCLA.

Reaction Score
I’m hoping we get at least one competitive Pac game.

Reaction Score
Not one of McDonald’s better games so far. 3-10 shooting and 2:4 ATO. She does have 4-4 from FT as a saving grace.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I’m hoping we get at least one competitive Pac game.

Some blowouts, but 3 games going down to the wire currently. Not bad.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
USC, even without Watts and Aaron, gave Arizona all they could handle. That's a surprise to me.

Will be a nice showdown of undefeateds Sunday between UA and UCLA

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
USC, even without Watts and Aaron, gave Arizona all they could handle. That's a surprise to me.

Will be a nice showdown of undefeateds Sunday between UA and UCLA
I consider Arizona relatively untested on the road. ASU was a rivalry game and Texas is clearly not "all that".

Also, while I know the BY doesn't always agree, I think USC is well coached.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score

FWIW, not only is Trakh a very experienced coach, but he also had the 5th best recruiting class last year, and his frosh contributed 37 of USC's 57 point last night. I expect them to get much better over the next few seasons.

That said, I've never liked the way recent-vintage USC teams play - too dirty. Fingall's ACL injury came precisely a year ago today as a result of some overly physical USC post play against her under the basket when she was coming down with a rebound and that caused her legs to fly out from under her, leading to the ACL tear.

So for now, at least, I will always be rooting against USC.

Reaction Score
A road win in the Pac is always a challenge. This game was closer than I expected.

The Wildcats coming into the game were ranked first I believe defensively in the country in points allowed. That said MacDonald hits 24, Reese has a double-double. And Pueyo is perfect from the field in the first half.

This sets up a really interesting game Sunday between Arizona and UCLA. Dean also hit for 23 in the Bruin's victory over ASU.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I consider Arizona relatively untested on the road. ASU was a rivalry game and Texas is clearly not "all that".

I know my opinion is not that. In watching that game last, I came to the conclusion that either Arizona is NOT as good as I was led to believe or that USC was playing better than the sum of their parts. I actually think that Arizona is pretty good so therefore USC was playing better than their talent. What became apparent to me is how woefully out of shape the whole USC team is. I have not seen a P5 team with that many players not in good condition. The issue for USC has always been a commitment to pay a quality coach and put the right amount of resources into the program. Coach Trakh was always able to get more from less so that's why he was rehired. Now if one of the football conditioning coaches./nutritionists would spend a few hours with the WCBB team..

That said, Aari McDonald put on a show last night. I was watching the UCLA-ASU game and only tuned in after halftime (I recorded the rest of the UCLA tilt) and immediately got to see 3 McDonald steals, penetrating drives and some nice passing all while dealing with a leg issue. I am even more resolute of my opinion that McDonald will outplay Dean on Sunday, not that Dean is not good (she was pretty good last night) but that McDonald is on a different plane altogether.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
That said, I've never liked the way recent-vintage USC teams play - too dirty. Fingall's ACL injury came precisely a year ago today as a result of some overly physical USC post play against her under the basket when she was coming down with a rebound and that caused her legs to fly out from under her, leading to the ACL tear.

So for now, at least, I will always be rooting against USC.

Totally agree. Kristen Simon from a few years ago was totally over the top, but it seemed to permeate the program. The coaching change back to Trakh didn't seem to change it either. I join you in rooting against USC.

Reaction Score
Some serious woman power with Overbeck, Pili, and Jackson.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom