Are all three recruits on campus today? | The Boneyard

Are all three recruits on campus today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Would be great to land all of them or even 2/3. Kudos to staff for grinding and getting these visits so quickly.

Reaction Score
Would be great to land all of them or even 2/3. Kudos to staff for grinding and getting these visits so quickly.
Who are you talking about besides Vann?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Sadly I had short notice. So, basically I ran into the library, found a utility door and now have one single vantage point overlooking Gampel and the Co Op. Not bad I guess...but cramped as feck.

man-trapped-behind-wall-grate-graphic-xl.jpg

Reaction Score
Sadly I had short notice. So, basically I ran into the library, found a utility door and now have one single vantage point overlooking Gampel and the Co Op. Not bad I guess...but cramped as feck.

Dove, flap you wings and fly!

You're free!

Reaction Score
A year ago today we picked up a commitment from what turned out to be our best player this season, Shonn Miller. Here's to hoping we have a commitment, or two, or three, in the cards for today.

Reaction Score
I hope Enoch told them that the weather today is like this year round.

All three are based in New England in some way, so at least we don't have to fight uphill in that sense.

Reaction Score

Now THAT is some funny Shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Vann is definitely not touring the campus with Vital and Thompson right now.
When it comes to him let's not forget: there is no offer (maybe during the visit?). He leaked the visit news. He also would have leaked an offer. We don't even know if the visit is official. Hasn't been reported that way.

After some thinking... can a transfer even take an official visit? Probably not right?

Last edited:

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
When it comes to him let's not forget: there is no offer (maybe during the visit?). He leaked the visit news. He also would have leaked an offer. We don't even know if the visit is official. Hasn't been reported that way.

I have not seen this player. BUT(!!!)...I do see a van with a major oil leak out by Eagleville Road. Someone who looks like a recruit is kinda looking in onto the campus from out there. Very weird.

Reaction Score

After some thinking... can a transfer even take an official visit? Probably not right?

Miller and Gibbs both took officials. I can't remember if Larrier's visit was official or unofficial since he had already taken an official in HS and it probably wasn't necessary for him. Transfers definitely take official visits.

How do we know he has no offer? Also, him telling recruiting guys that he had a visit for 4/18 is no different than what Vital and Thompson did.

Reaction Score
Miller and Gibbs both took officials. I can't remember if Larrier's visit was official or unofficial since he had already taken an official in HS and it probably wasn't necessary for him. Transfers definitely take official visits.

How do we know he has no offer? Also, him telling recruiting guys that he had a visit for 4/18 is no different than what Vital and Thompson did.
You're right, I forgot, Miller and Gibbs did take officials. I wonder if you took all 5 officials as a senior in high school if you're allowed to take more as a transfer.
These recruiting experts live for reporting offers. If he has an offer right now, they'd report it. Why would they report a visit but not an offer? (It was only reported as "visit" not "official visit" like the other 2)

Vital's and Thompson's situation is very different. We know for a fact they were offered. We know for a fact they are on officials. I know for a fact both stayed at the Marriott in Hartford last night (haha) and I don't think Vann was there. We know for a fact Vann is not touring the campus with those two.

The fact we have not offered Vann (very well could happen during the visit) and might not be paying for his transportation, food and boarding could be very telling in our interest level.

Update: He'll be on campus tomorrow according to Ozzie

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I wonder if Vann is being a bit delayed because the staff isn't sure what they will get at combo guard and power forward?

If they lock up these two big recruits, then maybe they can take him? But if they missed on Vital and got an Anthony Collins type handler (a freshman or grad transfer, either way) who wasn't a shooter if they would need to use the last ship on a 2/3 that could hit threes that was eligible right away like a Reinhardt (I know that ship has sailed but for example's sake). Just a thought, it may be simpler than that.

Would love to get these three and be done. Really love what I read about Vital's competitiveness and it being infectious to his teammates; Vann being a great teammate and being really successful at Maine; and of course, Thompson fitting a huge need and dominating the all-star game last weekend.

Reaction Score
Just spoke with Enoch. Says Taurean and Christian both love it. I asked if we'd be seeing a commitment soon and he said probably before the end of their visit. Now I'm not sure if that means both of them or one of them but either way, we'll take it.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Saw Vital and Thompson at Jamba Juice today. Didn't realize it until after they left though and checked the Boneyard.
Both were actually talking about UConn basketball- I remember Vital saying something like to Thompson "Man but it's just a whole different experience at UConn" or something like that. Thompson is a big dude (duh), but he looks like he's much bulkier than Facey and Brimah as freshmen, which means we aren't trying to bring in another string bean PF. Seemed like good character dudes. It was a real good day to visit, weather wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom