April Transfer thread | Page 32 | The Boneyard

April Transfer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Fair points but when Graves was 8 weeks into the season saying to the local Oregon media about this is the best group of shooters he has ever had one starts to cringe at that. Even some of the local sports writers started to question that. That part week after week was a little oversold IMO.
Yes it was oversold. But, this year was an anomaly instead of being a part of a’ bad habit’ of Graves’ while at Oregon.

Reaction Score
So, we could be seeing a player who "peaked" as a Freshman making the All-Big 10 2nd team (Honorable Mention in '20)...and over estimated her abilities.

I don't think she peaked as a freshman. She was a far better defensive player as a sophomore Also, she had better players around her as a sophomore (mainly Owusu and Miller) which decreased her scoring. But she did take a big dip at Oregon.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Desiree Elmore, whom I didn’t know was in the portal, is transferring to Rhode Island
That reminds of that I saw that Seton Hall had 5 transfer out? Anyone have any idea at all about that? SH had a good year, the coach seems to be elevating that program (at least relatively speaking) and they should be good again next year. The Big East was the first conference to have 3 teams appearing on the @maccca3232 Transfer Portal minutes list along with Butler and Xavier (both of whom had some issues this year so not surprising).

I wonder how all the conferences will look when the transfers all settle in on the new schools-which ones benefited from players and which ones lost out.

Reaction Score
So the bottom line is that all 2nd transfers, including grad transfers, require a waiver to play immediately?
Is that the takeaway here?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
So, is Balogun a grad-transfer? If she isn't, she will most likely have to sit out next season since she already transferred once from Ga Tech to Louisville.

Lexi Gordon is a grad-transfer; so, only one season to be played at Duke for her.
Grad transfers who have transferred previously -- true for Gordon and Balogun - are not automatically eligible. They will need to file for a waiver.

Reaction Score
That’s crazy, but also probably for the best. With all these kids looking to transfer I think a blanket ONE time exception is appropriate. I wonder how many (who had already transferred once) went into the portal thinking they’d be immediately eligible.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The issue I have for the grad transfer issue is that graduate school which they will be entering is not the same as undergraduate school. Grad programs are much more specialized and the offerings at most schools are much more limited than the undergrad programs and also often much more selective academically. Seems to me that the NCAA is not recognizing a very significant difference between the two.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Grad transfers who have transferred previously -- true for Gordon and Balogun - are not automatically eligible. They will need to file for a waiver.
I wonder if it will make a difference if during their previous transfer they ended up sitting out one year like Gordon did, but Balogun did not.

Last edited:

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Look for Kamilla Cardoso to Texas.

9840913.gif

Reaction Score
Are these announcements just a verbal commitment? Or is the transfer required to sign with the new school immediately?

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Are these announcements just a verbal commitment? Or is the transfer required to sign with the new school immediately?
When a school tweets it has "signed" player, or issues a statement on the signing, then it's official.

Reaction Score
The issue I have for the grad transfer issue is that graduate school which they will be entering is not the same as undergraduate school. Grad programs are much more specialized and the offerings at most schools are much more limited than the undergrad programs and also often much more selective academically. Seems to me that the NCAA is not recognizing a very significant difference between the two.
I agree but transferring to 3 different schools is also excessive. Plus I’m sure coaches have some sort of pull of getting their players into programs. Also I know there was an exception where if your school didn’t have the grad program you want, then you would be allowed to transfer to a school that does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RollSkis

Top Bottom