AP Poll week 7 | The Boneyard

AP Poll week 7

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score

Apparently crack cocaine is making a comeback in some circles :rolleyes:
Well, it's not the AP poll but I did have Duke on my BY Top 25 ballot this week!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
UVA beats the mighty bears of Morgan State by almost 60 points and gains 14 points? Duke takes exams and loses 2 points? St Johns plays a schedule full of tin cans... and is ranked?

giphy.gif

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
UVA beats the mighty bears of Morgan State by almost 60 points and gains 14 points? Duke takes exams and loses 2 points? St Johns plays a schedule full of tin cans... and is ranked?

giphy.gif
Lots of bonus points for being undefeated

Reaction Score
Tomorrow’s Duke vs UVA game should give us a better feel for each team. As I’ve said before, UVA has played a really easy schedule. One that Coach Mox didn’t put together. But they’ve done what they should do against those teams. They’ve improved from earlier in the year and their defense can be pretty good. Outside shooting is poor, inside game decent. I expect Duke to win, but think UVA could prevail if the shots are falling.

Reaction Score

giphy.gif
lmao. The LSU syndrome is spreading rapidly.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Tomorrow’s Duke vs UVA game should give us a better feel for each team. As I’ve said before, UVA has played a really easy schedule. One that Coach Mox didn’t put together. But they’ve done what they should do against those teams. They’ve improved from earlier in the year and their defense can be pretty good. Outside shooting is poor, inside game decent. I expect Duke to win, but think UVA could prevail if the shots are falling.

That sounds an awfully lot like Duke.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
So do we have a donut bet on the line?

Ha. How would that work? I think yall have a huge advantage because you had a game on Sunday, while we haven't played since Dec 11. Judging by the men's performance last night, we will probably be very rusty.

Reaction Score
Ha. How would that work? I think yall have a huge advantage because you had a game on Sunday, while we haven't played since Dec 11. Judging by the men's performance last night, we will probably be very rusty.
But you’re playing at home!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
But you’re playing at home!

I guess the only real advantage will be familiarity with the sight lines We haven't had much in the way of crowds so far this year.

Reaction Score
I guess the only real advantage will be familiarity with the sight lines We haven't had much in the way of crowds so far this year.
Massey has Duke favored 66-57. Interesting he has Duke ranked #15 and UVA #29.

Reaction Score
Congrats triad. Would appreciate your thoughts if you were at the game. Duke wins 70-56 over UVA.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Congrats triad. Would appreciate your thoughts if you were at the game. Duke wins 70-56 over UVA.

I didn't make it to the game, followed along on my phone. Will have to watch it later. I'll say this, the biggest advantages of having a deep team... two of our starters combined for zero points, but our backup PG came off the bench and scored 15.

Reaction Score
Celeste seems to have had a good game and Balogun was strangely stifled by UVa. On the other side, Mir played well in the 16 mins before she fouled out: 10pts 8 rebounds.

UVa is a portal patchwork team, with some promising parts — Mir, Brunelle, Camryn Taylor, and Taylor Valladay — but they seem to have little chemistry yet. And Taylor seems to have had a meltdown at one point and got T’d up for a taunting violation. I remember her as an edgy player at Marquette, managed to give Aaliyah a shot to the mouth in one game.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Yeah, that taunt by Taylor was so wrong on so many levels.

I thought UVA acquitted themselves against Duke pretty well up to that point, and that really hurt them. They’re in no way an elite team, but what a turnaround from last year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom