AP Poll Week 17 (UConn #3) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

AP Poll Week 17 (UConn #3)

Reaction Score
So apparently you get more points for beating us than you lose for getting slapped around by by St John’s. Or the voting was done before Sunday’s results. I’d think the Creighton results would more or less be a wash. Also gives some credence to the theory that UConn was their Super Bowl.
Admittedly I was one of the many saying it was Creightons superbowl (even though any top 15s superbowl should be the final four) but if I'm honest with myself I think they are our regular season superbowl as well. They've always had our number and they are not scared of us. I think we are a little scared of them and don't want to see them in the BET or the real tourney. I may get some "thank you for your interest...." but they are our Louisville of the Kemba years.

Reaction Score
#3? A slap in the face to a Blue Blood..
We win a natty last year, lose key players from last year, reload this year and ranked #1 for 6 straight weeks. Blue Blood? We are still getting disrespected big time. I’ve said it in other threads. Danny should continue pounding that drum, bury every opponent going forward, 40 minutes of hell, pedal to the metal.

Reaction Score
I cant believe how much whining over falling to #3 im reading here. If #1 had lost in a blow out and fallent two spots i bet the same people would be crying how they shouldve fallen to at least #5. #3 is fine and where we should be after that loss last week.

Reaction Score
Surprised at how many first place votes Houston got. We were #1 for 6 weeks and had 15 or 16 votes going to Purdue. All I can say to our team if you expect to be 1 or 2 you can't lose by 19. Can't argue with the ranking, but was hoping for #2. Looking at their schedule, Houston will end the regular season #1.

Reaction Score
Admittedly I was one of the many saying it was Creightons superbowl (even though any top 15s superbowl should be the final four) but if I'm honest with myself I think they are our regular season superbowl as well. They've always had our number and they are not scared of us. I think we are a little scared of them and don't want to see them in the BET or the real tourney. I may get some "thank you for your interest...." but they are our Louisville of the Kemba years.

How can the defending national champion and an odds on favorite to repeat have a regular season super bowl?

I hope you're speaking for some segments of the fan base and not the team - particularly the part about being scared.

Don Corleone and Johnny Fontane YOU CAN ACT LIKE A MAN.mp4 ...

Reaction Score
I'm not one for complaining about disrespect but Purdue has 3 bad losses and we lost on the road to the 12th ranked team. You could make a good case we should still be #1, but we're better than Purdue. I get the arguments the other way but we are crushing teams and had 1 bad loss to a good team that shot the lights out at home.
I agree that we are better than Purdue but do think they should be ranked above us at this point. Losing @NW in OT and @Nebraska isn't any different from our loss @SH. They have also beaten a TON of really good teams. Wins over Tennessee (KP-6 and proj 2 seed), Marq (KP 15 and proj 2), Alabama (KP 7 proj 3), Arizona (KP 4 proj 1) and Illinois (KP 10 proj 4). That compares super favorably to home wins against Marq/Creighton and neutral UNC.

Reaction Score
It’s wild to me that this is USF’s first time ever in the top 25. How did they get a Big East invite? I honestly don’t remember that addition all that well. It was purely for football?

Reaction Score
Surprised at how many first place votes Houston got. We were #1 for 6 weeks and had 15 or 16 votes going to Purdue. All I can say to our team if you expect to be 1 or 2 you can't lose by 19. Can't argue with the ranking, but was hoping for #2. Looking at their schedule, Houston will end the regular season #1.
Houston had 2 huge wins this week (@Baylor and H-Iowa St).

Reaction Score
No love. Creighton beating UConn but losing to St John’s climbs them three spots, but yet UConn losing to a top 15 drops them two spots. These writers have no clue.
Unfortunately lost by 20, no worries just keep the 1 seed. Probably lose at Marquette as well. Beat seton hall and providence and win big East tournament and will be overall 1 seed. Would be nice but one seed after tournament is all anyone here cares about

Reaction Score
I'm not one for complaining about disrespect but Purdue has 3 bad losses and we lost on the road to the 12th ranked team. You could make a good case we should still be #1, but we're better than Purdue. I get the arguments the other way but we are crushing teams and had 1 bad loss to a good team that shot the lights out at home.
I thought we would only peel off a few bites but stay at one. Houston to their benefit had a strong week and had been 1NET or KPI all year. But still felt we should have had like 25 votes.

Reaction Score
Don’t underestimate the power of the AAC. Look what it did for Houston!
I won’t. I just don’t remember the last time I saw USF in the AP poll. If anything I’m shocked they are having one of the best seasons their program has ever had.

Reaction Score
I hate that this late in the season just because you lose you move down. I’m sorry but ranking us other than #1 is disrespectful. Poll the country, and ask whose the best college basketball team pound for pound, and majority will still say Connecticut. Purdue slightly behind. The only good thing is Hurley will use this to motivate the guys. But the disrespect is real.

Reaction Score
I hate that this late in the season just because you lose you move down. I’m sorry but ranking us other than #1 is disrespectful. Poll the country, and ask whose the best college basketball team pound for pound, and majority will still say Connecticut. Purdue slightly behind. The only good thing is Hurley will use this to motivate the guys. But the disrespect is real.

They lost. Houston beat two ranked teams. It’s not disrespect. It’s common sense.

Reaction Score
Seems fair - really is Purdue, Houston, UConn at the top with just about everyone with 6 losses behind the Big 3.
Media has an unhealthy obsession with Purdue. I just seem them as vulnerable. But what do I know?

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
We just got spanked by 19 and we only moved down 2 spots.

The victimhood here is intense.

Reaction Score
How can the defending national champion and an odds on favorite to repeat have a regular season super bowl?

I hope you're speaking for some segments of the fan base and not the team - particularly the part about being scared.

Don Corleone and Johnny Fontane YOU CAN ACT LIKE A MAN.mp4 ...
Ha. Maybe superbowl was too strong.
I'm sure winning in Omaha, or taking the series against Creighton is on DHs list.
And, yes, I'm a little scared of Creighton.
But I'm frightened by the state of Nebraska in general.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
We just got spanked by 19 and we only moved down 2 spots.

The victimhood here is intense.

You can tell the casual bandwagoners are out of the woodwork following our Natty and dominance this season. The last 20 hours all over the internet has been like "Baby's 1st AP poll" .

I fully expect it to get worse now that the Pats are no longer a dynasty.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Don’t underestimate the power of the AAC. Look what it did for Houston!
Houston would be very good no matter where you place them as long as Sampson is coaching that team.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I agree that we are better than Purdue but do think they should be ranked above us at this point. Losing @NW in OT and @Nebraska isn't any different from our loss @SH. They have also beaten a TON of really good teams. Wins over Tennessee (KP-6 and proj 2 seed), Marq (KP 15 and proj 2), Alabama (KP 7 proj 3), Arizona (KP 4 proj 1) and Illinois (KP 10 proj 4). That compares super favorably to home wins against Marq/Creighton and neutral UNC.

And OSU. That's 2 losses that are similar to our SH loss and one that's much worse. And Clingan was hurt in that game, although we probably would've lost anyway.

As I mentioned, I see the argument the other way, and you presented it nicely, but I think we should be ranked 2nd.

Reaction Score
If Marquette is a 2 or 3 seed can't they be in the same regional as UConn? I believe they can.
No they wouldn't put 2 protected seeds from the same conference in one region

We look like we'll be E1, Marquette looks destined to be MW2
Doesn't it depend where Marquette ends up on the S-curve? If Purdue is the #1 overall seed and Marquette is the highest ranked 2-seed on the S-curve, they cannot be in the Midwest with Purdue

Reaction Score
Doesn't it depend where Marquette ends up on the S-curve? If Purdue is the #1 overall seed and Marquette is the highest ranked 2-seed on the S-curve, they cannot be in the Midwest with Purdue
Yes if MQ was #5 they would get the last 1 seed, most likely out West. I personally think Purdue will end up overall #1 and MQ will be 7 or 8 which sets them up as MW1 and 2

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom